CSI/Miami/NY LIMS - Round 1 - Final Challenge - RESULTS

Re: CSI/Miami/NY LIMS - Icon Challenge #25

#4- A bit blurry.
#17- Charpened too much
#1- Plain, not creative enough

It's hard to say who's the worst as they are all good compared to what i make.

17 - Sharpened too much
11 - Too colourized
02 - Cropping seems off and it's to bright

First I just want to say: Good job, everyone :) Your icons are all really pretty!

These are my votes:

17 - Too sharp. The colouring dominates the whole icon, which takes attention away from the subject (Vanessa). Very creative though.
02 - The nose kind of disappears, I think it's too highlighted. You were also very creative though.
07 - First off, interesting crop. However, my main critique about this is that it brings out the "less attractive" stuff in her features, for example her nose looks kind of weird.

Wow, I feel really bad for voting. It's hard to choose the three you like the least, when you like all of the ones you people have made :lol:

17 - Too much sharpen and too much brown
2 - Too bright, a bit too much yellow
1 - It's a bit too blurry and a bit plain

life_style said:

Wow, I feel really bad for voting. It's hard to choose the three you like the least, when you like all of the ones you people have made :lol:

Yes, I totally agree... Though here is my voting:

17: oversharpened, too much brown/orange
08: too blurred
14: the "text"/the X's is/are a bit oddly placed,too high

Wow these are all so great! This is tough...

17 - Interesting effect, but it looks way over sharpened and the coloring is a little strange.
12 - The animation is distracting and the text is a little difficult to read.
01 - The whole look is just too plain.

Great job everyone! :)

17- oversharpened, too dark.
8- wasn't cropped well, looks a bit stretched, otherwise, it looks good.
1- The soft focus makes it seem blurry.

Am I allowed to compliment the ones I liked? lol

Wow, these are ALL so beautiful, everyone! It's so great to see the different interpretations of the pic, and was EXTREMELY difficult to choose. :( But, what must be done, must be done.

17 - difficult to see the right-hand image; I liked how you put a close up of her eyes on top, but they are also very difficult to see
14 - a little too contrasty, although I really like what you did with her lips, they really stand out. However, the contrast on her skintone sort of distracts from the lips.
05 - very interesting crop, and although I definitely liked your creativity with it, I found it sort of excludes too much of the subject. Also, the colouring of each half separately is nice, but together I find they don't really fit.

Once again, well done everyone, and I hope to see more of your lovely work in the future. :)

Wow, there are some really gorgeous icons here!!! This was a hard decision to make :)

17- quite oversharpened, pixellated, and grainy.
2- A little too much contrast
1- I found it rather plain and soft. Not overly creative.

17 - Too sharpened, image too burnt, too little contrast
14 - The coloring is too dark, not enough contrast
3 - Cropping aspect ratio for mini frame a little off (I tried to overlook this, but the mini VF keeps winking at me, I swear! :p )

Mods, I think someone already asked this, but can we mention the ones we like most too? At least after the round is over? :D

Mods, I think someone already asked this, but can we mention the ones we like most too? At least after the round is over? :D

yeah can we do this too . I think it'll be great :D

Well considering this is the 'Last Iconmaker Standing' competition, and the main idea is to vote off our least favorite icons, and wouldn't commenting on the ones we likes the best after the fact defeat the purpose of this competition? :p ;)

But who knows, I think it's a nice idea anyway. :)

#1 - I feel it's just too plain
#6 - I kind of think it's a style done to death
#16 - kind of weird composition

17 - The icon is oversharpened and grainy
2- too much contrast and too blurry
4- icon looks too washed out

Back