CSI Miami Is New CBS Disposable?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by inthewind, Nov 8, 2010.

1. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:scream::scream::scream:Very surprising to come here and find no thread dedicated to complaints about the hit n miss scheduling of CSI Miami.

With last night's decision to pull the latest CSI M episode in most markets, without prior notice, it's obvious CBS has withdrawn its support of the show, guaranteeing lower ratings and leading to probable cancellation by end of season.

Are we going to let that happen?

2. meganhyman

meganhyman Victim

you can download it

3. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

One shouldn't have to download it. We should all try to keep CSI Miami on the air. I would like to know how one can do this. I did go to the CBS website and put in my concern in their feedback section....

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

As I mentioned in the episode thread I find it ridiculous and absurd that people who live in the US couldn't watch the show because CBS decided not to air the episode just few minutes earlier :rolleyes:.

I live in Europe. Normally a person would think I wasn't able to watch it since CBS didn't air it....well I watched the episode :eek:
    Everyone except those who live in the US where CBS is couldn't watch....that's unbelievable and ridiculous...not to mention disrespectful.

I totally understand your pain because it's insane.

Unfortunately, I don't think CSI:Miami can last that long on Sunday because of what is currently happening every Sunda...I would be mad, if every Sunday I had to wait not knowing if my fav. shouw would be aired :rolleyes:

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

The whole episode thread for Reality Kills has pretty much turned into the "complain and sign this petition" thread. But I do think it's good to actually have a thread FOR this.

I already signed the petition going around to get Miami back on Monday nights (I posted it in the Reality Kills episode thread too) and I wrote a complaint to CBS on their website.

I completely agree with Florry too. It's messed up that they didn't play it at all in the US, where CBS is freaking located, and yet it seems like pretty much everywhere else was able to watch it. Even if the people in the UK are watching it online, which anyone from the US can do too, they did play it in Canada on CTV. So like people in the Reality Kills thread were saying, unless CBS just skips the episode and airs it the next time there's a scheduled repeat or CTV plays people in Canada a repeat when they play Reality Kills in the US next week, we'll be out of sync, and that will be super duper annoying. Also like Florry said, it just seems disrespectful to the American fans, which are probably the majority of Miami fans.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the CSI's, including Miami, were some of the most popular shows, at least on CBS. I don't follow the ratings so maybe Miami is way down compared to when it was super popular, but to me it just doesn't seem like they should want to get rid of it. o_O Aren't all three CSI's still doing really well? I don't know. >.< Plus isn't the aim of a TV station like CBS to give their shows more ratings, instead of putting them in a slot where they know they won't do well? You would think that if Miami had low ratings they would want it in a spot where more people would watch it, not where they wouldn't...

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

TBH, I think the chances of Miami getting put back on Mondays is slim to none, unless Hawaii Five-O takes a drastic drop in ratings.

I know a lot of people don't like this - but it seems like best option looking at the current schedule. It looks like Medium is going to be axed - this season is only going to be like 13 episodes or some such thing, so maybe Miami could move to Fridays at 8 and be followed by NY. I really don't know where else it could move to.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They should move survivor to 7 (central) on Sunday then have Amazing Race and Undercover Boss on. Then the could move Defenders to 7 in Survivors current time slot and move Miami to 9 (after Criminal Minds) in Defenders current time slot.

8. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Making a list:

- CSI: Miami is pushed back by football
    - Fans are promised a new episode. but then not, but then again
    - Repeat airs/random Criminal Minds episode
    - CBS posts the video
    - CBS removes the video

(feel free to add to this, =) )

CBS needs to just stop trying to "fix" this and admit they screwed up, plain and simple.

9. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

OMG how could they do that to you guys?! That's so unfair. I thought CBS should be the one who sticks to air dates not skipping (without a serious reason). Pretty ugly. I kinda know the feeling cause my local tv channels have done same with other shows and even with CSIM so i know how that is. But still they shouldn't push it out of schedule completely. :scream: :brickwall:

10. Court

Court Prime Suspect

This whole Sunday night thing really feels like a nail in the coffin, which absolutely SUCKS for so many reasons, one of which being CBS wants us viewers to be loyal to them and their programming, but they don't want to show us any kind of loyalty back.

It just FEELS like CBS is already digging the grave ... and just when the show was starting to get really good again. Every episode in the season (so far) has been awesome - and now it seems like CBS just doesn't give a damn anymore.

It's all very disheartening. :(

11. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Well when CBS announced that CSI:Miami was moved to Sundays this fall I knew about the NFL overrun but I never thought that it would turn out like this.I mean even Fridays would be a better choice-a choice that wouldn't mess with the show's fans!!

12. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I posted all of my thoughts on the other thread too... but I have to add... I love the idea of a 'reality' Sunday night! Yes, why not have Survivor, then The Amazing Race, THEN Undercover Boss (it has to be one of their lowest rated reality shows, yeah?). That would be pretty epic. Survivor finale airs on Sundays and does well (Which, btw, during that time always gets PUSHED back due to football (in the fall)--- AND will be another night of PREEMPTED Miami.)

Friday is not the death slot. SUNDAYS is the DEATH slot. UNLESS you are a reality shows. COME ON, CBS! WAKE UP!

Off to call those numbers and write more feedback!!! I am not stopping!

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I made a posting in this week's episode thread about this but I figured I'd do one here since this thread is dedicated to what is happening to CSI Miami.
    I've been here before with CBS treating a great show like crap because I watched them do it to Cold Case in its final year of life. It was simply delayed or preempted more times than I care to remember.
    It could easily have had one or two more years and was canceled due to the bean counters deciding that keeping a quality show on the air wasn't worth as much as saving $$$.
    By all means, let CBS know how we feel about this, but the sad fact is CBS has already made known its plans for CSI Miami by putting it in the timeslot they did.
    CBS knows how horrible the ten p.m. timeslot is for shows, and that any show put there will suffer a decline in ratings. They did it to the Unit, then Cold Case and now CSI Miami.
    Come May, the sad reality is that CSI Miami most likely will given the ax. That's show business, it is cruel and unforgiving at times.
    Nine years is nothing to sneeze at for a show and with the way the season has been going, we can be happy that it will most likely be ending on a high note.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  14. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

The CSI brand as a whole saw low ratings last season and based on what I'm seeing, it appears CBS wants to write off the spinoffs and stick with the original.

I agree with this mostly from a personal standpoint. I'd rather watch on Friday as I see it as a way to unwind at the end of a work week as opposed to Sunday where the only thing you can think about is "I got to go to work tomorrow"

15. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I would post a comment, but all it would really consist of at this point is #^%$&*)*&(^:wtf:&^)*(&*&(_:scream:!@#%^^&*!@#$%^ ::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

Seriously, this is total crap. What the hell is CBS doing? They're getting good reviews this year so far from most everyone, at least from what I've seen by the fans here, so :wtf:

As if the football delays aren't bad enough, now they have to PULL the program?? And to add insult to injury, the POST the show, then PULL IT off the internet! :wtf: @#$@$%#$:scream: #%$#@:brickwall:

So, yea, I'm pissed, but I doubt CBS cares a rat's ass about us at this point. They've obviously put Miami in the "death slot" and are just waiting for it to die. If this were two years ago, I'd have said - "Yea, I can see why..." But the show was just beginning to get FRESH and REVITALIZED - and we were finally seeing NEW STORYLINES and ignored characters were getting much-needed, beefed-up screen time. I just don't understand it all...:rolleyes: