CSI Magazine

Didn't hear this one yet...wish I didn't.:(

They're stopping the magazine?!:eek::eek::eek: What the hell's wrong with them!:wtf:

No way! They're stopping the magazine? I love that magazine so much. I buy it when I get the money to, and I have about 4 copies. I only discovered it right before Christmas :( It was actually a really good magazine. Very informative. I really liked the interviews with the actors/writers/crew.

Yeah, I'm not happy about it either. I have the last one, as I have a subscription, but even inside they didn't say why.

What pisses me off is that they are not refunded the money left on your subscription. You have to transfer the subscription to another show they do. Now what if you don't watch these shows or don't care for the magazines? If you don't choose what you want, they'll choose for you and send you the "Supernatural" magazine. I don't watch this show. I think it's wrong not to refund my money. I paid for the CSI magazine and if you can't produce that, give me my money back.

What they said inside the magazine is

After two years and 11 jam-packed installments (they spelled this word wrong :rolleyes:), I am incredibly sad to inform you that this will be the very last issue of 'The Official CSI Magazine". But never fear, we're absolutely determined to go out with a bang...

then the proceed to tell what is in the issue.

Then they have on there:

The magazine may be closing, but you can still keep up with all the latest CSI news via our official Facebook page! Simply type CSI Magazine into Facebook's search function. However, this is the link to it.

I don't know, it may be Titan that doesn't want to print it anymore. Who knows?

Yeah that's my problem too. I'm not really into any of the shows listed on the paper that came with the magazine.

I wonder if the copies just didn't sell very well. I for one could never find them even if it was one I wanted to purchase. After a while, I just gave up looking.

Does anyone know if the CSIfranchise actually had anything to do with the magazines - meaning, did they help put them together or tell them to center on certain shows/characters/stories? I'm just curious as to how it all was actually put together & by whom.

Well, if they didn't sell well, I'm not surprised. I think many people, like me just didn't want to pay that much for it.

Many magazines and newspapers are hurting these days because lots of the information is available on the internet and television. You can see interviews with the stars and behind the scenes articles on Entertainment Tonight (and similar shows) or on the TV Guide Channel. I gave up TV Guide magazine about two or three years ago because the listings went downhill and it became another People, Us, and Entertainment Weekly. While the CSI shows are still popular, unfortunately the magazine was too expensive for the young fans.

Many magazines and newspapers are hurting these days because lots of the information is available on the internet and television. You can see interviews with the stars and behind the scenes articles on Entertainment Tonight (and similar shows) or on the TV Guide Channel. I gave up TV Guide magazine about two or three years ago because the listings went downhill and it became another People, Us, and Entertainment Weekly. While the CSI shows are still popular, unfortunately the magazine was too expensive for the young fans.

My mother has the same opinion about TV Guide zine. :lol: She also hated the bigger size. :lol: I liked the fact that all the pages were in color (I hate the b/w print cause it transfers on my hands when I'm reading the magazine), but that's about all I liked about it. :lol: She didn't renew when her subscription was up. :lol: And you're right, it did become another gossip magazine. :lol:

I agree that most (if not all) of the information from the CSI zines can be found on the internet. And some who do get the zine sometimes scan it for others who can't afford to buy them. So, I would imagine that the sales weren't that high and that's probably why they decided to stop making them.

But, I think it's completely wrong for them not to refund the rest of the subscription price and to just transfer it to some other magazine when not everyone is going to like any of the other shows. That's just a stupid thing for them to do in my opinion. I think all the subscribers ought to complain and maybe start a petition and then maybe they would refund the money. :lol:

Nooo!!!

and I never bought one either, i'm waiting for the CSI: Miami one this week, it's should be at the B+N in my town now, but i'll buy it, then be sad becouse I'm always late for stuff....

Sigh....

wait they better get it in to the book store!!

*runs of to go check*

Back