CSI LV: Ghosts from the past... Cath&Sara..( PG13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by SaraSidle_girl, Apr 20, 2007.

1. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Summary Sara has been hiding a lot more than Catherine could expect. Just as she thought she had learned all there was to know, there turns out to be one more dark secret from Sara's past
    Rating PG 13 to be safe. Might go up to 16, depends on how you guys take it
    Disclaimers I own nothing of CSI. Just the names of the newly introducted charachters are mine.
    Pairing: Catherine/Sara..

Sara joined Catherine in the kitchen of the house they were investigating. Catherine took a last few pictures of the crime scene and turned when she heard Sara come in.

“Any sign of the daughter?” she asked but the brunette shook her head.

“None. And since she’s a foster child.. people asume she ran away” Sara answered sadly and looked around the kitchen “anything that can tells us more about what happened?”

Catherine shook her head and looked at Sara. “I found some finger prints but I bet they belong to the rest of the family. I dicsovered some cloaths were missing from her closet, which supports the theory she ran away. Sar, are you allright?”

“Hmm, what?” Sara sounded distacted and with a vague look in her eyes, she turned to Catherine “yeah, allright.. I found blood in the girl’s bedroom”

“Enough for a crime scene?” Catherine informed but Sara pulled up her shoulder.

“Just a little. Not enough to suspect serious injuries. And our girl is a cutter so that could explain the blood” She showed Catherine a few polaroids “I found these under her bed, assuming it is her arm..”

Catherine put down her camera and closed her kit. “I think we got it all wrapped up here. Is Sofia still talking to the foster parents?”

Sara went back into the livingroom, followed by Catherine. Sofia Curtis was still talking with the foster parents of their missing girl, 16 year old Alex Snyder. She closed her notebook when the two CSI’s came in. She shared a look with Catherine and than rose from her chair.

“Mr and Mrs Steel, I think we have all the information we need so far. The CSI’s are done processing your house..” She looked at Catherine, a signal for her to jump in on what they found.

“We found some cloaths were missing from Alex’ room” Catherine stated carefully “this supports the theory your daughter most likely ran away”

Mrs Steel rubbed her eyes. “Like I told detective Curtis.. Alex wasn’t an easy girl. She has seen a lot of things in her life, a child should never have to see. We tried to give her a stable home but once a child has been in the system for such a long time..”

“There isn’t much you can do to help her” Sara answered sarcastic before turning around and leaving the livingroom. She was quickly followed by Catherine, who grabbed her by an arm before she had the chance to step into the Tahoe parked on the drivelane.

“What the hell was that?” Catherine turned Sara to face her

“Those people have trouble with their daughter and they blame it on the system or on the girl. But sometimes.. they just don’t try had enough and they blame the child” Sara snapped and pulled free from Catherine’s grip “are you driving with me or with Sofia?”

The drive back to the lab was quiet and rather unpleasant. Sara was agitated, which expressed in reckless driving and yelling, screaming and cursing at other drivers. Catherine feared for her life and felt a little shaky when they finally made it to the lab in one piece.

“Let me talk to Grissom” Catherine held Sara at the entrance “why don’t you get the evidence to the lab and see if you can come up with anything”

Sara nodded and went inside. Catherine waited a few seconds before following her and she went straight to Grissom’s office. He looked up when she came in and rose his eyebrows when she closed the door.

“Since when do we have secrets?”

She knew he meant closing the door. He always had his door open, unless there were things to be said nobody else should hear.This was one of those things, though Grissom didn’t know. Yet. She sat down across his desk and crossed her legs.

“Its Sara” she answered and now Grissom understood why she had closed the door. He nodded.

“We just came back from a crime scene. A girl has gone missing. Turned out she’s a foster child and most likely ran away from home” Catherine explained the situattion “Sara kinda.. freaked out. Became all synical. And the ride back to the lab was a living hell. I swear, that woman is a maniac”

Grissom sadly nodded. Besides him and Catherine nobody else knew about Sara’s history as a foster child. It had taken him quite a lot of time before she had finally opened up to him. Not much later, she had opened up to Catherine as well. Which had been a surprise, since they never had been the best of friends. But since that day, they were.

“Do you think its wise to let her do this case?” Catherine questioned him “I mean, with Sara’s background and knowing how she can go over the edge when it comes to cases like this..”

“I think its a good idea to keep her on this case. If anyone knows how a foster child thinks and feels, its Sara. It might come in use to keep her with you” Grissom answered “and I think its wise to check into the foster care system. See if there’s a file on your runaway. I want you to do that. Not Sara”

Catherine nodded and rose from her chair, walking back to the door. Just as she opened it, Grissom shared a few more words with her.

“Catherine? Keep an eye on Sara.. She doesn’t know but she needs it..”

“Hey”

Catherine joined Sara who was already going over the traces found at the house. She was examining a footprint that had been found in the frontyard but she could quickly eliminate it as being the footprint of the father.

“Hey to you too Where were you?” Sara answered and looked up to the blond CSI beside her.

“Informing Grissom. About our case” Catherine answered as she inspected the evidence that lay now spread on the table. She didn’t look at Sara, but Sara still stared at her.

“With the door closed?”

“Sara..” Catherine threw her long blond hair back “I informed him on our case. I see you have everything sorted out here. I won’t ruin your line of work. I will check in with Social Services and see if I can get acces into the computerfiles. Who knows what I may found about Alex Snyder..”

“I can do that” Sara quickly answered, already fighting to take her rubber gloves off “you can do this..”

Catherine shook her head. “Not this time, Sidle. Grissom’s orders. He wants me to do it. I suppose he’s just worried you might stay up for two days straight..”

“I never did that” Sara muttered, putting her gloves back on.

“You’re right” Catherine turned in the doorstand “it were three days..”

2. SaraSidle_girl

Second chapter.still PG13!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Catherine had met with a nice lady who worked for the foster care services and though she was surprised to see Catherine was interested in the files, she gave her acces to their computer.

After quickly explaining how the programs worked and asking if Catherine could now figure out by herself, she left her in the small office which contained little more than the desk she sat on and the computer on it.

Catherine typed in Alex Snyder’s name and found the girl’s file. She opened it and started reading. The more she read, the more sorry she felt. 16 years old and she had seen more than an average 80 year old.

Her father had been physcially abusive towards her mother and sexually abusive towards his two children, Alex and her younger brother Steven. At the age of 8, Steven was 6, they were taken from their homes. That night, her father beat up her mother so badly she ended up in a coma from which she never woke again. He escaped from the police and was arrested 3 years later when he tried to pass the border with Canada.

Ever since, Alex had been living in foster families. But she had been a tough child to handle. She had a big mouth, got into fights, was picked up by the police at the age of 13 when she carried a knife to school. Had seen several therapists. Because she was still young, no official diagnosis was made but she showed features that were common with a split personality disorder. Since she was a child, she was known for her self injury, which only grew when she got older. Several times had she been admitted into the ER to have stiches in her wounds.

Catherine rubbed her eyes. This sort of information always made her realise how lucky she was that Lindsey was more or less a normal child. It wasn’t easy raising a teenager on her own but she tried to do the best she could. There had been problems but Lindsey learned her lesson the hard way. Being confronted with a dead young girl in the morgue. Up till this day, Catherine believed it had been a good way to teach her. It worked.

All of a sudden, Catherine realised what else she could find in this system. She shook her head. She couldn’t do that. She came here for Alex Snyder. She got what she wanted and she had to leave. But on the other hand..

The door to the office went open and the woman returned. “Miss Willows?”

“Yes” Catherine answered quickly and looked away from the screen “I erm.. found what I needed. Is it possible I can get a copy of this file? It saves me the time if I have to check something..”

The woman nodded. “Sure. Just click on the right button. The prints come out in the next room..” She turned and closed the door. Catherine now slowely turned back the computer. It was tempting. Very tempting.

She quickly cleared the field that had untill now contained Alex Snyder’s name and typed in the next.

Sara Sidle

Within seconds, the file popped up. Her hands were shacking as she clicked to open. There was no time to read it now. That woman could come back any second. So she quickly printed the page, followed by the pages of Alex Snyder. She logged out, left the room and walked into the next. The printed pieces of paper lay in the printer. Alex’s file was on top. Sara’s file underneath it.

Catherine quickly took the papers and left the room. She thanked the kind woman who had helped her and nearly ran out of the building. Once she had made it to her car, she closed her eyes. She couldn’t believe she had just done that. It was wrong. So wrong. She knew.

Sara would hate her for this. She had betrayed her trust. Sara Sidle would kill her. And somehow, it was worth the risk.

“I got the file” Catherine said when she walked into the DNA lab. Sara looked up from the microscope and narrowed her eyes.

“Let me guess.. either an abusive parent or an addicted one. Taken from her family at a young age. Problem child. Never managed to really fit in” Sara stated and Catherine sadly nodded.

“Unfortunatly, yes. Father was abusive, finally beat her mother into a coma. Mom never woke. Children were taken. Put in different foster families. And now that she became a teenager, she’s hard to handle. You were right about the cutting..” Catherine answered as she handed Sara the files.

Sara didn’t bother to read, she just put them down. “I came up with a possible scenario.”

“Allright” Catherine put her hands on her hips “tell me how you got to it..”

“Alex took her cloaths with her, which means she had planned it. I found a map of Nevada in her room. A route was marked from Vegas to the border with California. I also found several notes under her bed. Goodbye letters. But she never finished them..” Sara sadly smiled “and I just got the phone records from her cellphone. Her last few calls traced back to California. She left the state. And since she’s no longer in Nevada..”

“This is no longer our case” Catherine concluded and took Alex Snyder’s file “I’ll send out an APB on her, both here and in California. And we can only hope she comes back”

Sara looked at Catherine and their eyes locked. “Believe me, Catherine. Alex planned this. She doesn’t want to be found...”

Lindsey was out with a friend and Catherine lay on her bed. Beside her lay Sara’s file. She hadn’t touched it yet and somehow felt the desire to just burn it without ever reading one word of what was written. But also the desire to understand Sara better. To know and to learn why she had become the person that she was.

A person that, since she learned what her past was like, she had admired more and more. You needed to be strong to make it through something like that. To get this far in life, on your own. Living with the knowledge that your mother killed your father. The stigma of being the child of a murderer.

Ever since than, she had no longer seen Sara Sidle as the bitchy CSI that always tried to get in her way but had she seen her as a strong woman who, eventhough her life hadn’t been pretty, grew up to a beautiful woman.

Catherine took the file and started reading. It told Sara’s entire life story from when she was a little child untill she reached the age of 18 and became a legal adult and was no longer a part of the system. The foster families she had lived with, the time she spend in foster homes.. Everything was dated. Every family was dated from the moment she got there untill the moment she left.. and moved on to the next...

All of a sudden, Catherine rose up and frowned.

This was odd. There was a two year gap between the last foster family and the day Sara turned 18. Sara was born in 1971 and turned 18 in 1989. But there was no record of a foster family between the years 1987 and 1989. Linked to those years was just a name. “Hillside Haven”

Followed by a few more words which explained that the subject, Sara, had reached the legal age of 18 and was no no longer under foster care. Case closed.

Catherine sat back, staring at the file. What had happened in those years in between? Sara had always told her that she went from foster family to foster family untill she was 18. But judging from this file, it was a lie. For the last two years that she was in foster care, Sara did not live with a family at all.

What happened? And why did she lie about it? And what was “Hillside Haven?”

3. SaraSidle_girl

Third chapter..
    ------------------------------------------------------------

The blond CSI seemed strangely distracted. Sara observed her from the other side of the break room. Catherine sat on the couch, with her coffee in her hand but she forgot to drink it. She just stared at something nobody else could see.

“Are you coming after shift? Grab a beer?” Warrick walked in and Sara turned her head.

“Who else?”

“All but Grissom. And Miss Stare-into-nothing over there” Warrick pointed at Catherine “hey yo blond girl! You wanna grab a beer later?”

“Sure” Catherine mumbled when Warrick’s words finally got through to her “pick me up after shift”

Warrick looked at Sara, his eyes questioning if she knew what was bothering Catherine. But Sara pulled up her shoulders. She didn’t.

Catherine suddenly put down her coffee and stood up from the couch. She turned to look at Warrick. “If anyone needs me, I’ll be in my office” Before leaving the room she glanced at Sara. What was she hiding?

She had been thinking about Hillside Haven all day long. It didn’t let her go. It had grabbed her by the throat and wasn’t planning on letting go. Sara now more intrigued her than ever before.

Sara saw her stare and pulled a face. “Catherine, please quit staring at me! The last time somebody looked at me like that, they were trying to hit on me”

Warrick grinned. “It’s a surprise you even remember!”

Sara laughed and threw a magazine at his head, missing about a mile. She stood up and followed Catherine down the hall to her office. She leaned at the doorpost and looked at the blond CSI.

“Cath, is everything allright?” she asked with a worried undertone in her voice.

Catherine put on her reading glasses and seemed all of a sudden very busy with her paperwork. Her desk was covered with papers. She looked up and threw her hair back as she did so. Her eyes rested on Sara and she sighed.

“Everything’s fine, Sara. And unless you have something important to report about a case, I suggest you try to catch up with your paperwork as well” Catherine answered more violent than she intended “it keeps you from maxing out on your over time”

Sara gave Catherine her famous ‘if-looks-could-kill-you’d-be-lying-dead-on-the-floor-right-now’ look and walked away from her office. She ran into Nick as she came around the corner.

“On your way to see Catherine?” she asked and he nodded “Be careful. She bites”

She walked on, still feeling pissed about how Catherine had managed to get her out of the office. But since she had no more lab work and there wasn’t a field trip she could make, she slowly convinced herself to get started with her paperwork.

Grissom appeared in the doorstand of her office. His face expressed surprise and he showed her his beeper. “You paged me?”

She put down her glasses as she looked up from her work. and nodded. “I did. I need some help. Information. I need information. And I hope maybe you can help me get that information”

“I do not hold all the answers” Grissom answered poetic and looked at Catherine as he sat down across her desk “but at least I hold a few..”

She smiled. “Ofcourse. I’m afraid I can’t tell you too much. It’s a matter of trust.. Do you know a place called Hillside Haven?”

It remained silent. From the frown above his eyebrows, Catherine could tell he was thinking and with expectance, she looked at him. She waited.. to be disappointed.

“Sorry Catherine, I don’t” Grissom answered and she sadly nodded.

“I understand. You do not hold all the answers, right?” she said and looked down at her desk, still covered in paperwork “Thanks, Gil..”

“You seem.. disappointed” Grissom observed her closely “how important is this to you?”

Her blue eyes met his. “Very”

A week had passed. Catherine had tried to drop the Sara subject. She quit searching for information about Hillside Haven since the moment Grissom couldn’t give her any. She tried to put the case to rest.

One night, when Lindsey had been out with a friend, she even burned her illegal copy of Sara’s file. She had gone over the file so many times she knew it inside out.

For the past 2 shifts, she had been paired up with Warrick to work on a case. They were investigating the possible homicide on a 30 year old woman who was found with her wrists slit, but under suspicious circumstances. She had barely seen Sara, who was working with Nick on another 419 down in Henderson. The blond CSI woman found herself going over test results for the second time when Warrick came in.

“Hey, Jim just brought in some background info on our vic. She’s been in and out of mental institutions for most of her life. She was known with suicidal thoughts. She attempted to kill herself twice before. The last time was 3 years ago. She was a diagnosed bi-polar”

Catherine sighed and rolled her eyes. “Isn’t everyone in this day and age?”

“Oceanview, Clinic For The Mentally Unstable, Hillside Haven, Victoria Mansion..” Warrick read and sadly rolled his eyes “she’s been in and out of institutions ever since she was a teenager. Man, what kind of life do you have.. living like this?”

Catherine nearly dropped her test results and turned to Warrick. “Gimme that!” She grabbed the papers out of his hands and her eyes searched the one piece she recognised. She was confronted with Hillside Haven. And it answered her questions, though it had not been what she expected it to be. At all.

“What? Something wrong?” Warrick questioned as he looked at her but she didn't answer “Cath?”

“Hillside Haven” Catherine mumbled and the look in her eyes suddenly became distant “I heard that name before the past week” She looked at the papers in her hand “It’s a mental institution”

Warrick frowned. He hadn't heard of it before. “You saw it before?”

Catherine shook her head. “Sorry, different case. Can you take over, Rick? I’ll be right back”

Not waiting for an answer, Catherine ran out of the lab. Walking through the glass hallways, it slowly got through to her. Hillside Haven was a mental institution. A psychiatric hospital. For people with metal problems. And between 1987 and 1989 Sara had been there. Admitted. As a patient.

At least now, Catherine understood why Sara never told it. But why had she been in Hillside Haven in the first place?

4. SaraSidle_girl

Chapter 4.. lyrics taken from "Loving Arms" by the Dixie Chicks

------------------------------------------------------------

“I've been too long in the wind.
    Too long in the rain.
    Taking any comfort that I can.
    Looking back and longing for
    The freedom of my chains
    And lying in your loving arms again”

Catherine heard Sara sing when she walked into the locker room. She stood still in the doorstand and listened to the brunette softly singing.

Sara pulled her shirt over her head and now only wore her bra and her jeans. She turned around to take another shirt out of her locker and than she caught sight of Catherine looking at her. She quit singing and her face slowely reached the color of a tomato as a goofy smile fell over her face. Caught in the act..

“Cute” Catherine grinned as she walked to her locker “red suits you, Sara”

She opened her locker and could feel Sara’s eyes burn in her back. When she looked over her shoulder, the other woman quickly turned her head and looked the other way. Catherine smiled and changed shirts. She brushed her hair and than closed her locker.

“You.. uh.. wanna have breakfast?” Catherine stumbled over her words “I mean.. if you don’t have plans or anything?”

Sara smiled and looked at Catherine. “I’d like that” She looked at Catherine’s face more closely. “Red suits you too..”

Catherine came back with two plates and put them on the table. She sat down across Sara and watched how the brunette carefully sipped from her hot coffee. She crossed her arms on the table and observed her.

“What?” Sara questioned as she put down her coffee “you’re staring at me!”

“I most certainly am not” Catherine defended herself. But she had been staring. As if staring at Sara would somehow answer all the questions that were spinning in her head.

“You tell yourself that” Sara smiled and than looked at what supposed to be her scrambled eggs. But it more looked like something that had been just dug out of the trash. She pulled up her nose and raised her eyebrows. “Have we eaten here before?”

Catherine looked at Sara. “No. Why?”

“Remind me to never come here again..”

Catherine smiled to the synical undertone in Sara’s voice and looked at her own plate. Whatever lay on it didn’t look much better. She hoped for the best when she took a bite and looked at Sara, who seemed shocked she even tried to eat it.

“What?! I payed for it, I might as well eat it” Catherine answered and Sara nodded “you know, that song you were singing in the breakroom..”

“It was nothing” Sara answered rather shy and reached for her coffee to swallow her eggs away. It didn’t only look like trash, it even tasted like trash too! She pulled a dirty face and pushed her plate away from her. “I’m done”

“I loved the lyrics of that song” Catherine continued on the subject “though it seemed rather sad..”

“It is sad. But.. its typical. And its perfect for..” Sara swallowed the rest of her sentence and took a large gulp from her coffee. Catherine had put down her fork.

“Perfect for what?” she wanted to know

“Nothing” Sara refused to make eye contact with Catherine “I got a call out of California this morning, by the way. Remember, the Alex Snyder case we had a little while back?”

“The foster child runaway? Yeah, I remember”

“She was found, as she wanted to get on a bus to LA. She’s been brought back to Vegas. I.. went to see her yesterday” Sara now looked up and Catherine’s eyes met hers “and I talked to her. We both know the system. She needed to understand”

“Understand what?”

Sara looked at Catherine finishing her breakfast. “That no matter how though it is, being in the system, running away isn’t the answer to everything. It only gets you into more trouble. And no matter how screwed up you are after all you’ve seen, living on the streets ain’t gonna help you...”

“Sara, I.. I know you and I don’t always get along but I want you to know that I really admire you. You are probably the strongest woman I know” Catherine smiled though her smile was sad “after what you had to go through growing up, I find it amazing you grew up to be this strong..”

Sara didn’t know what to say or how to react. Hearing these words coming from Catherine’s mouth. She bit her lip and stared at the table. “Thank you”

Catherine looked at Sara and suddenly came aware of how fragile she was. Though she seemed tough and unbreakable at times, she was so soft and fragile. But it lay hidden underneath the surface, only for a few people to know.. for a few people to see.

Sara closed the door to her appartment and walked to her answering machine.Though she didn’t expect many missed calls, she was surprised to see she got 1 new message. She pushed the play button and listened.

“Miss Sidle, this Patricia Livingston from Social Services. Would you please call me back at 555-2357. I’ll be at the office till 5..”

Sara dialed the number and was put through with Patricia Livingston by the receptionist.

“Hello, I’m Sara Sidle. I just heard your message on my machine. How can I help you?”

“I know this may sound unexpected but I got a call from someone who works with you, asking information on Hillside Haven. I know from my captain that you kept that information hidden so I was surprised to hear someone asking about it. Are you aware of it?”

Sara froze. Her body suddenly turned cold and her the world started spinning. Slowely, she let herself fall down on the couch. It had been a long time since she last heard the name Hillside Haven. A very long time.

“Miss Sidle?”

“Yeah, I’m here” Sara mumbled “I do not know about this. Did this person say what it was about?”

“Something about patient’s records. Some sort of investigation about a person’s background. The staff at Hillside Haven weren’t really working so the next stop was Social Services, in an attempt to see if we could get a way in. I just got a call from Hillside Haven, saying they shared the information after all..”

“Who was the CSI asking for this information?” Sara asked

“Let’s see.. his name was Warrick Brown..”

“Thank you for calling, Miss Livingston” Sara put down the phone and covered her face with her hands. Her head felt heavy and all sorts of thoughts were running through each other. Why had Warrick called Hillside Haven? Why did he need the information? And who’s background?

She remembered her first investigation when she came to Vegas. She had come in to investigate why Warrick left the scene which eventually lead to the death of a young CSI. Later on, she had run another investigation on him. Had it finally turned against her? Was he now running an investigation on her? Or was it totally different?

But Hillside Haven.. it was just too much of a coincedence. How many people knew about this? And how? She hadn’t told anyone? Not even Grissom. She would probably loose everything. But some memories were just never really gone.

She stood up, grabbed her jacket and ran out the appartment. The door fell into the lock with a loud bang but she didn’t hear it. She had already made it to the elevator.

“Hey Warrick!”

She stuck her head around the door of Trace. She knew Warrick was pouling a double to do Catherine a favor. She had promissed Lindsey to go ice skating today and he promissed to tie up the last few loose ends of their case.

“Hey Sar” Warrick looked up “I thought you left with Catherine..”

“I uh.. forgot something” Sara quickly came up with a lie “what you working on?”

“Staged suicide. Turned out to be murder after all. 30 year old woman, found with slit wrists. She was a diagnosed bi-polar, which would make it logical for her to kill herself” Warrick answered “I had a hard time getting her psychiatric file. Doctors can be a real bitch sometimes..”

“Her file?” The pieces of the puzzle slowely fell into place and a hughe burden fell off her shoulders

“Yeah. I had to get by Social Services to get it but eventually I got it” Warrick nodded and looked at her “are you sure you forgot something? Seems to me you came here for a reason..”

“Nah, I really forgot something” Sara convinced him, a smile played around her lips and he slowely nodded “what was the last place your vic was admitted to?”

“Hillside Haven, according to her file. I had never heard of it” Warrick focused on his work again “have you?”

Sara ignored the cold feeling inside her chest. “Nope. Never heard of it..”

5. SaraSidle_girl

Chapter 5..
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Catherine walked by the DNA lab and saw Sara processing some of her samples. She stood still in front of the glass window and watched her work. How she slowely pushed a string of brown hair behind her ear, how she rubbed her eyes, how she made notes in her terrible handwriting, even how she jawned, how she turned her head and looked at her..

Damn!

Catherine quickly walked on, feeling how she started blushing. She didn’t mean for Sara to see her stare. But she was fascinating!

Without really knowing where she went, she suddenly found herself in the lockerroom. She sat down on the wooden bench and covered her face with her hands.

Damn you, Catherine!

“You wanna ask me something?”

She nearly jumped up when she heard Sara’s voice coming from behind her and tried to get her act back together. But she felt so nervous being around this gorgeous looking brunette.

Wait! When did she decide Sara was gorgeous?

“I mean, why else did you come by DNA?” Sara slowely stepped up to Catherine, as the blond took a few steps backwards but was now standing with her back against the locker. She had nowhere else to go as Sara slowely came closer. Her hazelbrown eyes never broke contact with hers.

She had cornered Catherine and was now standing face to face with her. She put her hands on each side of Catherine against the locker, leaving her with no room to move. Or escape. She slowely leand forward and her warm breath touched Catherine’s nose. A shiver went up and down her spine and the blond opened her mouth to speak.

“Ssh.. I know why you came to see me” Sara whispered in her ear and for a brief millisecond her lips touched Catherine’s earlobe “I know why you look at me. I know...you..like...me..”

Catherine shivered under Sara’s touch and just wished the sensation would last. All of a sudden she grabbed Sara by her waist and closed the last few inches between them, pressing the brunette tightly against her body.

“Oh yeah, I like you” Catherine groaned “as much as you like me!”

Sara’s lips all of a sudden were pressed onto hers and she gave into a hungry kiss.

“Yo, Catherine! Wake up!” Warrick pulled her arm “Grissom can be here any second”

She opened her eyes, feeling disorientated. The bright light hurted her eyes and she quickly closed them again, mumbling something that sounded an awfull lot like “what the hell..”

She than slowely reopened her eyes and they slowely adapted to the bright lihgts.

What the hell.. where am I? What happened.

Slowely, the events started to return to her. She had been pouling a double, on Grissom’s request. But she needed a bit of sleep and had decided the couch in the breakroom would be a great place to take a nap.

So... it was a dream? The whole kissing Sara thing had been a dream?

A hot, sexy dream that was. She slowely sat up on the couch and brushed her hands through her hair. Warrick watched her with an amused smile on his face. She frowned.

“What are you smiling at?”

“That must have been some dream” Warrick grinned and witnessed how Catherine turned a dark shade of red “you were groaning just before I woke you up. So, fill me in. Who was it?”

Before Catherine could even think of answer, the door to the breakroom opened and Sara walked in. Catherine’s eyes widened and her red color only increased. The dream was still fresh and she didn’t know how to act.

“Are you allright?” Sara questioned as she got herself a soda “you seem kinda.. red..”

“Catherine was heaving a very hot, sexy dream when I woke her up” Warrick teased and Catherine cursed him for saying this, knowing Sara would jump onto this immidiatly “but she refused to tell me who was the lucky man”

“Who says its a man?” Sara blinked and Warrick looked from Sara to Catherine and back before coming up with an answer.

“Come on, its Catherine.. its definitly a man!”

“Hey!” Catherine interupted the lively discussion about her sexual dreaming “I think I can figure out my sexually for myself, thank you! And Sara’s right.. who says its a man?” She gave the brunette an intense look before leaving the breakroom. Sara looked puzzled.

“Did she just say she had a sexy dream about a woman?”

Warrick looked at the door Catherine had just disappeared through. “If I didn’t know any better, I would think that dream was about you!”

Sara put down her soda and also walked to the door. “You are overreacting, Warrick. I uh.. gotta see Grissom. About... something”

As she reached Grissom’s office, she found out she wasn’t the only visitor. Sofia Curtis was talking to Grissom and her face was serious. Whatever they were discussing was either delicate or something no one else should hear..

“..so they called LVPD. They suspected someone had been into that file without permission and..”

“I can come back later” Sara mumbled from the doorstand and Sofia quickly looked over her shoulder. She scanned Sara’s face, trying to determin what she heard.

“No, I think we’re about done here” Sofia answered and turned back to Grissom “I expect you to investigate this further?”

Grissom nodded and Sofia left his office. As she passed Sara, she could swear she could read sadness in the detective’s eyes but she shook her head. She was imagining things. She stepped into Grissom’s office and sought for a reason why she came here in the first place. She decided to start with the reason why Sofia came here.

“What was all that about?” she questioned but Grissom shook his head.

“Something between me and Sofia. Once its cleared up, I will inform you” he answered and folded his hands “Sara, how are you doing?”

Her eyesbrows rose in surprise to this question and she couldn’t help smiling. “Did I hear that correctly? Since when do you care about human emotions, Grissom?”

“Seriously” Grissom answered and he looked at Sara “I heard something about you coming in on your nigt off, asking information on a case you’re not even working on.”

She realised Grissom was talking about the homicide she had asked Warrick about, after her call from Social Services. She folded her hands in her lap and looked around the office before a plausible lie, which Grissom might even believe, formed in her head.

“I uh.. heard something that sounded familair” she answered “something I recognised. I thought I could make a conection between two cases but after talking to Warrick, I knew I couldn’t”

Grissom nodded and looked at Sara. She looked back at him. And so they sat in silence for a few minutes, staring at each other. And neither one of them saw Catherine in the doorstand. She had heard Sara’s last words and knew she was lying. She knew why she had come back that night.

Hillside Haven.

6. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

I love it, write more soon, I want to know what happen next. I want to know why Sara was in Hillside Haven for. :confused: