CSI: Las Vegas Music Thread - Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'CSI Music' started by Elsie, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I thought it might be good to follow BlueCurl's Miami thread idea and make a post specifically for the music that has appeared in CSI:LV.

There are currently lots of individual threads asking and answering the many questions that posters have about great music that is played in CSI. Some questions are regularly repeated, some are more obscure and quickly get lost amongst the other threads. Hence this thread...

Here you can ask questions about music you have heard in CSI, or you can let us know about any music you recognise in CSI, so that others will easily be able to find the answers they are looking for.

Some sites of interest for CSI music fans:

Elyse's CSI music site
    Shansu.de.vu
    Tunefind

So, ask away...music question anyone?

2. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Hey! My auntie jokate is a singer, and she released a song in 2003/2004 called Faith by Starecase (yes it is spelt like that, it's not a typo) She told me that the song was in one of the episodes, she doesn't know which one, does anyone know? i have been searching on the net for a while, but can't find it :(
    thank you!

3. Ray

Ray Civilian

Theres a commercial for CSI thats on right now - w/ eerie music, shots of the cirque du soleil episodes, etc. It also says 'see for yourself why csi: is a killed hour of television - welcome to sin city where the lights are brighter and the crimes are darker'. Does anyone know what the music is?

4. Musicluvr325

Musicluvr325 Police Officer

I want to know what Greg was listening to on the radio in Fannysmackin'.

If someone could help me with this I would love them forever.

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^ I watched it last night (to try and answer your question :lol:). Unfortunately I found it quite difficult to decipher the lyrics. I'll keep trying, and looking around elsewhere. I really liked it, nice tune, so now I really want to know as well. :)

6. Musicluvr325

Musicluvr325 Police Officer

Yeah, I think a bunch of us on LJ figured out it's something like "In the morning shines..." but that's all you can make out.
    I've been looking since it aired.

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

New resource for CSI music information:

Have a look at the CSI:Wiki music pages

Information is being updated all the time on here, and you can add the details of any music that you know of from CSI too.

It might be a good new resource for everyone to have a look at and add to. :)

8. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

I've been seaching forever for the song in Fannysmackin', but i can't find it either.

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Thanks for the links to the websites. Didn't know that Word Up was used twice in two differnt episodes and seasons.

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Nikky, the Tunefind and csiwiki links both rely on posters adding songs to the sites, there is no guarantee that they are correct. Someone appears to have incorrectly added songs from CSI to random episodes listed on the Tunefind website.

Word Up has only appeared once to my knowledge. If you look through the listings, you will see a lot of songs listed by episodes which they simply weren't in, and multiple artists listed by some songs. ;) I'll mark some of them as incorrect later, but I wouldn't currently rely on the Tunefind listing.

11. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

is the little tingy music that always plays when theres a mini crime scene an actual song and is there anywhere I can download it?

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Someone asked this question before and no one seemed to know. I think they decided it was a signature piece written by the music director (John Keane) rather than an actual song. There won't be anywhere to download it. :)

Sorry, I know it's not really much help, it's a good piece of music, very fitting for the scenes. :)

13. regalis

regalis Civilian

7x04 (Fannysmackin') just screened the other night over here, and my sister and I were both completely taken in by the song that plays when Grissom is looking over the parking structure for evidence (it's within the first five minutes of screening, I can get both an audio and video clip if it'd help). Anyone know what this song is?

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I've just seen that part to try and figure out which song it is. There are a number of songs listed at Tunefind.com for that episode. But the only one likely is called 2am by Tweaker. I've heard part of it on iTunes but I couldn't confirm that is was correct.

Not much help I know, someone else might have more of an idea? :)

15. regalis

regalis Civilian

nooo, it's not 2 a.m. I spent several hours hunting that track down and it's very similar (enough alike that, without having the episode at that point to compare, I thought it was the right track) granted, but it's not the right song :S nnng, I wish they'd list tracks used in the credits!