'CSI' Gets A New Lab Tech

CSI Files

Captain
In the wake of Liz Vassey’s (Wendy Simms) departure from CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, the series is preparing to add a new face to the lab. (Character info after the jump!) The lab tech taking Wendy’s place on the team will be a young, attractive explosives expert. Her father works with pyrotechnics, and she learned a [...]

More...

Sounds to me like tptb think of women only as sex objects. Show some class ptb! Liz was classy and beautiful. She did NOT need to be replaced! And by the by, why is a DNA tech being replaced by an explosives expert? I don't get it. I really do expect this coming season to be the last season for all three CSI shows.

The new character at least in description sounds very Mary Sue-ish. We all said that about Haylen and we were right and what happened to her? Gone before she was every really there much because when she was there the majority of the audience didn't care much for her.

...Right. That's certainly an interesting new "creative direction". :vulcan:

It is....:rolleyes:
A new creative direction has a different meaning these days.. at least in the dictionary of CBS..

bwah.... First I was sad with the news of Liz Vassey letting go by CBS, then there was yesterday the sudden departure of Melina... and now this " new lab tech" thing...

I'm quite annoyed right now..... :shifty:

CBS decides to replace Wendy with an explosives expert?What are they thinking?

They're not thinking at all, that's the problem.

Money!

Wendy was next on the list. Archie, Bobby D, Mandy, Henry (except for last season) - all are barely shown these days. Bringing in someone new is a smaller paycheck. Bringing in someone on a recurring basis (for 10-15 eps if even that many) to replace someone who wanted to be in the opening credits is an even smaller paycheck. (Supposedly Melina left NY because they wanted her to take less pay.)

Hollywood is like sports - everything is driven by money!

As for bringing someone for explosives to replace DNA, Greg did more trace than DNA so I think Hodges could handle it. After all just look at how much of the time they had Hodges in the DNA lab, especially towards the end of last season 'helping' Wendy. ;)

Susan

Well this news doesn't bode well either. I hope their description of the 'smokin hot' tech is a bit exaggerated. I mean they are loosing women all the time in this Network, what are they thinking? We all want eye candy? Give us someone with substance and intelligence, not someone with a fireworks background. :brickwall: I swear CBS is really digging themselves a grave here...

Seems like they're hoping to get their reruns back on Spike. Kidding...but really...it's turning more and more into "Man TV". :rolleyes:

Seems like they're hoping to get their reruns back on Spike. Kidding...but really...it's turning more and more into "Man TV". :rolleyes:

It does sound more and more like "man tv" which is ridiculous considering the majority of viewers are female lol. But wait... the reruns no longer come on Spike? I wouldn't know, I don't really watch the reruns anymore. If I want to watch an episode, I have all seasons on DVD (save for season 10 which doesn't come out for a little while longer). I'm usually watching reruns of Criminal Minds on A&E or ION. :lol:

It does sound more and more like "man tv" which is ridiculous considering the majority of viewers are female lol. But wait... the reruns no longer come on Spike? I wouldn't know, I don't really watch the reruns anymore. If I want to watch an episode, I have all seasons on DVD (save for season 10 which doesn't come out for a little while longer). I'm usually watching reruns of Criminal Minds on A&E or ION. :lol:

They are still on there now, but at some point they are moving to.....arrrgh....um...someone help me. USA Network?

I have all of the DVDs too, but sometimes I like the randomness of seeing them on TV. :) And I'm hooked on the reruns of Criminal Minds on those networks too! :lol:

They are still on there now, but at some point they are moving to.....arrrgh....um...someone help me. USA Network?

I have all of the DVDs too, but sometimes I like the randomness of seeing them on TV. :) And I'm hooked on the reruns of Criminal Minds on those networks too! :lol:

USA Network. :)

(OT, but related to USA Network: their new show Covert Affairs is fun!)

Well this news doesn't bode well either. I hope their description of the 'smokin hot' tech is a bit exaggerated. I mean they are loosing women all the time in this Network, what are they thinking? We all want eye candy? Give us someone with substance and intelligence, not someone with a fireworks background. :brickwall: I swear CBS is really digging themselves a grave here...

CSI should look at the success of shows like The Good Wife, a female in her forties which is now NOMINATED FOR AN EMMY- you know one of those things CSI has never won with the exception of special effects, but non for drama!

Sounds fabulous, can't wait:bolian: yippe GEORGE signed up, I knew he would and said this over and over. I was going by what he said 'why do people leave the show", so he's a steadfast, man of his word. and on "The Good Wife" are you kidding:eek: I wouldn't watch this if you paid me, and it's not even in the top 20 in ratings. I hope the character Nick gets what he wants in all ways in S/11.. :thumbsup:

Desertwind said:
and on "The Good Wife" are you kidding:eek: I wouldn't watch this if you paid me, and it's not even in the top 20 in ratings.

Just my 0.02 on this. Some of the best shows out there, in my eyes are severely underappreciated while some of the ones in the Top 20s which might have the bigger ratings, aren't necessarily of higher quality programming. But different strokes for different folks. *shrugs* :)

As to the new lab tech, time will tell if their 'new creative direction' will work out but I really liked Wendy and I'm sad to see her go. She had a lot of potential to become an integral part of the cast. :/

Back