'CSI' Casts Fox's Replacement--Or Not

CSI Files

Captain
There's going to be a new girl in town--but not this one.<p><A class="link" HREF="http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049">Ausiello</a> reported that <I>Battlestar Galactica</I>'s <font color=yellow>Katee Sackhoff</font> was a shoe-in for the role of Bryce Adams on <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>--executive producers <font color=yellow>Carol Mendelsohn</font> and <font color=yellow>Naren Shankar</font> are both fans of the actress. However, when Sackhoff read for the part in front of executives from CBS and Jerry Bruckheimer Productions, the big wigs were unconvinced.<p>The executives' opinion won out in the end, and the role of Bryce Adams still needs to be cast. Bryce is a new series regular that will appear in the premiere for <I>CSI</I>'s ninth season. The character is a tough addition to the graveyard shift, filling a spot vacated by Sara Sidle (<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font>) after her exit from the show earlier this season.<p>Bryce's father was a shrink who liked to psychoanalyze his daughter, and her mother was a mid-century German Philosophy teacher. They weren't physically abusive toward her, but their use of words always made her feel inadequate, and she acknowledges that she is a screwed-up individual after the way she was raised. Bryce has a way with words, but she isn't afraid to get physical--or use her gun.<p>The news about Sackhoff is from the <A class="link" HREF="http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Katee/800038793&start=15">Ausiello Report</a>. Please keep in mind that the description for Bryce Adams has not been confirmed by CBS, Alliance Atlantis or Bruckheimer Films, and details are liable to change.<center></center>

I'm kind of surprised that they're replacing both Warrick and Sara next season with new series regulars--Ray Santoro and this Bryce Adams woman both joining the graveyard shift, plus having Wendy as a CSI trainee? Three new CSIs at once?? :wtf:

*waves to Greg* Sorry, dear, hope you weren't expecting much.

I'm kind of surprised that they're replacing both Warrick and Sara next season with new series regulars--Ray Santoro and this Bryce Adams woman both joining the graveyard shift, plus having Wendy as a CSI trainee? Three new CSIs at once?? :wtf:

*waves to Greg* Sorry, dear, hope you weren't expecting much.

:lol: Season 9 will be interesting. I guess it'll either be a bright new beginning for the show, or the beginning of the end... I wonder if they are expecting more departures from the original cast in the next year?

Katee Sakhoff? seriously they're replacing Sara with Katee Sackhoff? not a fan of hers in the slightest (sorry BSG fan no offence). i did not like her acting at all when she was on Bionic Woman. why can't they just replace Sara with Wendy she's good enough and she's been on the show for a while now. i'd like to see her get bumped to the main credits.

sorry if that sounded mean. i just really don't like the way KS acts, i find her acting unreal like she's reading from the script instead of making it as if a real person were saying it.

This is going to sound insanely harsh and thats not at all how I'm meaning it but...

It seems that the powers that be are hiring new actors purely to maintain the gender/racial balance of the main team. This is a practice which I can appreciate the intention of, if not the actual action taken to pursue it.
They need to just hire a minority woman to replace Sara's character, not get another guy and then let Greg have more than one token scene in an episode!

This is going to sound insanely harsh and thats not at all how I'm meaning it but...

It seems that the powers that be are hiring new actors purely to maintain the gender/racial balance of the main team. This is a practice which I can appreciate the intention of, if not the actual action taken to pursue it.
They need to just hire a minority woman to replace Sara's character, not get another guy and then let Greg have more than one token scene in an episode!

They could also make her a lesbian with a disability, fill all their minority quotas in one.

^^Sackhoff didn't get the role, that's what Ausiello was reporting.

Which is too bad, because that role sounds a bit like a version of Starbuck, albeit much lighter. :lol: Sackhoff is great, but she always seems to get offered the incredibly angsty roles.

I think another female star IS needed, as long as Marg's time isn't taken up. The cast is filled with men, and it should be equaled out gender-wise.

It would have been great to see Katee get the role (and maybe there is still that chance), but there's always more fish in the sea.

I agree that we need another woman on the CSI team to balance it out. Way too much testosterone!

I think they should bump more characters up and stop trying to add new ones, unless they are trying to make CSI like ER (the show carries on going even if almost all the original cast has left?). Which I don't like because what I have always liked about CSI was the actors. They are good at what they do and they work well together, the original five. Three left now... And one only partially.

Something I also read on CSI Files was an article saying that Robert David Hall has signed on for three more seasons?!? Apparently, do I hear another ER? And so late in the making, I'm sorry, but if that happens, I might have to disown CSI...

Back