'CSI' And 'Without A Trace' To Cross Over

CSI Files

Captain
CBS will be capitalising on Without A Trace's return to the post-CSI timeslot next season by airing crossover episodes of the two shows.

<font color=yellow>Nina Tassler</font>, CBS's entertainment president, made the announcement at the annual summer convention of the Television Critics Association, where the television press gathers to learn more about the coming season. She said the crossover episodes will air on the same night, with Without a Trace star <font color=yellow>Anthony LaPaglia</font> first appearing on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and then an hour later <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> (Gil Grissom) guest-starring on Without a Trace to finish the story.

Without a Trace was originally launched in the post-CSI timeslot five years ago, and quickly became one of CBS's biggest hits. Last season, the network moved the show away to Sunday nights alongside Cold Case, and launched the legal drama Shark in the Thursday 10pm timeslot. Now that it's been renewed for a second season, Shark itself will move to Sundays, allowing Trace to head back to Thursdays.

At the TCA press tour, Tassler said little else about the original CSI, but did reveal that CSI: New York will feature an episode next season that will delve into the popular online world of Second Life to solve a mystery. In addition, she confirmed that on CSI: Miami, Horatio Caine will find about a family member he never knew he had -- his own biological son. For more information on the circumstances surrounding that discovery, check out our recent spoiler report of the CSI: Miami premiere.

Much of Tassler's time at the press conference was spent discussing recent controversies involving the cast members of several CBS shows. The most prominent of these was the unexpected walkout of <font color=yellow>Mandy Patinkin</font> from Criminal Minds, but she was also asked about an incident whereby CSI star <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown) was filmed as he attacked a cameraman. As the incident had only occurred shortly before that, Tassler refused to comment, saying she first had to get more information.

For a more detailed account of Tassler's TCA appearance, please head over to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.<center></center>

okay i think i can link this b/c it's not like it has copyrights as far as i know.

if not, mods, feel free to modslap me and remove it.

Gary Dourdan "attacking" a paparazzi.

basically you can't see anything on this video. some reporter pissed Gary off, that's all. who likes paparazzi anyway? lol

Yeah, big deal. The way I read it, I thought he attacked a cameraman from the show or something! :lol: I could care less about someone trying to film him on the sly getting smacked. Pffft. :p

*sigh* they are doing a cross-over with without a trace, but can't do one with miami or new york? that kind of sucks...

I hate to hear that MP has walked out on Criminal Minds. What's up with that? Hope he had a good reason for it. Love the sahow & hate to see it suffer for that. AS far as GD first time I've heard of it. I usually don't alot of attention to stuff like that cause it's usually exaggarated. I'm actually surprised WP is going along with the crossover considering he didn't even appear really when Miami was first launched(if u call that a crossover) As for Miami & NY crossovers. The first one was to launch NY, the second was to help boost ratings from what I read & well...........apparently it has. YAY!!!!!!!! Anyway hope all this made sense. LOL

OMG this season might not be so bad!! ahhhhhh....so happy. I mean, who wouldn't want to work with Gary Sinese?

Ohh this is gonna be so cool, it'll be interesting seeing Grissom work with the New York cast.

This is going to be GREAT
I can't wait to see Gris and the FBI

and now that Without A Trace is on after CSI (where it should have been all along) Thursday got better

Nice! I like the idea of a WaT crossover, and I've been waiting for the NY one. It's gonna be interesting to see these three great actors work together.

*rubs hands*

This already sounds like an interesting season! :D

DaWacko said:
As for the crossovers... too bad they never work in other countries :p

Exactly what I was thinking...

Last season when NY introduced the guy from Cold Case for one episode I thought that it would have been better to have gone with WaT. I still think it would be better, and more fitting to be an NY rather than Vegas episode (apart from the fact that Vegas and WaT air on the same evening). :rolleyes:

For us in the UK, CSI and WaT don't even air on the same channel, let alone anywhere near the same time of year, and that's if we are even on the same season in the UK (which I really don't think we are). Channel 4 (who air WaT) suck at showing it, and the ratings are poor because of continual timeslot changes. I love WaT, and Anthony LaPaglia rocks, but this will just annoy me. :mad: :p Although I'm sure I'll look forward to the conclusion of the storyline in a couple of years time when it finally does air. :p

Well, I have the same problem. The shows air in two different channels so I might get to see one in let's say November and the other in March, which sucks big time, I'm just excited at the idea of these actors interacting together and WaT is in my top three of favourite shows. :)

Back