Criminal Minds #5

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by mulder42, Sep 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

READERS and/or POSTERS: please use this thread (#5), as the current one for all Criminal Minds info, Season 12 and beyond. We have had an altercation, firing, new cast members, and re-hiring of a popular actress to this show. Will you watch without series star Thomas Gibson? Excited about Paget Brewster's (Emily Prentiss) return? Post all current news and your opinions in THIS BRAND-NEW THREAD. :)

CRIMINAL MINDS

CRIMINAL MINDS revolves around an elite team of FBI profilers who analyze the country's most twisted criminal minds, anticipating their next moves before they strike again. The Behavioral Analysis Unit's most experienced agent is David Rossi, a founding member of the BAU, who is essential in helping the team solve new cases. The BAU team is lead by Special Agent Aaron Hotchner, a strong profiler who is able to gain people's trust and unlock their secrets. Other members include Special Agent Dr. Spencer Reid, a classically misunderstood genius whose social IQ is as low as his intellectual IQ is high; Jennifer "J.J." Jareau, the team's former unit liaison-turned-profiler who juggles motherhood and marriage with the same skill as solving cases; Penelope Garcia, the team's indispensible computer wizard who helps research the cases with her unique charm; Dr. Tara Lewis, a forensic psychologist whose expertise is studying and interviewing serial killers after they're captured to determine if they are able to stand trial; and Luke Alvez, a former Army ranger and excellent tracker recruited to the BAU from the FBI's Fugitive Task Force. As the team evolves together, the BAU continues its dedication to using their expertise to pinpoint predators' motivations and identify their emotional triggers in the attempt to stop them.

Begins its 12th season Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2016 on the CBS Television Network.

ON AIR: Wednesdays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT)
    ORIGINAL PREMIERE DATE: Sept. 22, 2005
    ORIGINATION: Los Angeles
    FORMAT: Drama

STARRING:
    Joe Mantegna (David Rossi)
    Thomas Gibson (Aaron Hotchner)
    Matthew Gray Gubler (Dr. Spencer Reid)
    A.J. Cook (Jennifer "JJ" Jareau)
    Kirsten Vangsness (Penelope Garcia)
    Aisha Tyler (Dr. Tara Lewis)
    Adam Rodriguez (Luke Alvez)

PRODUCED BY: ABC Studios in association with CBS Television Studios
    EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Mark Gordon, Erica Messer, Breen Frazier

Photos available at
    www.cbspressexpress.com
    On the Web: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/criminal_minds/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/CriminalMinds
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CrimMinds_CBS
    CBS Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CBSTweet

Cast on Twitter:
    Joe Mantegna: @JoeMantegna
    Matthew Gray Gubler: @GUBLERNATION
    A.J. Cook: @ajcookofficial
    Kirsten Vangsness: @Vangsness
    Aisha Tyler: @AishaTyler
    Adam Rodriguez: @_Adam_Rodriguez

Cast on Instagram:
    Joe Mantegna: @real_joemantegna
    Matthew Gray Gubler: @gublergram
    A.J. Cook @ajcook
    Kirsten Vangsness @kirstenvangsness
    Aisha Tyler @aishatyler
    Adam Rodriguez @_adam_rodriguez

Producers and Writers on Twitter:
    Erica Messer: @EricaMesser
    Virgil Williams @VirgilWilliams

Karen Maser @KarenMaser
    Jim Clemente @JimClemente
    Erik Stiller @ErikStiller22

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Criminal Minds: Jane Lynch to Return for Season 12 Arc as Reid's Mother

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

4. blackflag

The whole situation has turned into a he-said, she-said situation. At this point, I couldn't care less. It's over and done with and yesterdays news. I prefer news on what will happen ON the show for the rest of the season. In particular I want to know guest stars - it's the only thing that got me to watch 1 episode last season and the only thing that will get me to watch an episode this season.

5. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

I was going to watch the show, but honestly, I'm done. There's been so many cast changes over the years I really haven't liked but I did start watching this in 05 when it first aired and I've sort of stuck by it through all of that. But this I just can't dig enough to continue watching. It's long overdue, honestly, and Gibson being fired (justified or not) just was the last straw and while I will always love the older episodes I'm honestly not interested in following this anymore. It's a shame, I would have loved to stick with it to the end, but nah. I'm going to read up on how they made Hotch's exit, and might even watch that first episode if it's done well enough, but then I'll just take a step back and focus on other shows. Not mad or anything, I've just lost interest I think. My biggest fear is that they'll cheaply throw the character from the show by killing him, I would hate that.

6. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

AGENT LUKE ALVEZ JOINS THE BAU TEAM, WHICH IS TASKED WITH CAPTURING A KILLER WHO ESCAPED PRISON WITH 13 OTHER CONVICTS AT THE END OF LAST SEASON, ON THE 12th SEASON PREMIERE OF "CRIMINAL MINDS," WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 28

Adam Rodriguez joins the BAU!

Adam Rodriguez Joins the Cast as Luke Alvez, a New Recruit to the BAU from the FBI's Fugitive Task Force

"The Crimson King" – Agent Luke Alvez (Adam Rodriguez) joins the BAU team, which is tasked with capturing a killer who escaped prison with 13 other convicts at the end of last season, on the 12th season premiere of CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Sept. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Adam Rodriguez joins the cast as Luke Alvez, a new recruit to the BAU from the FBI's Fugitive Task Force.

CHEAT TWEET: @_Adam_Rodriguez joins the BAU as Agent Luke Alvez on the 12th season premiere of @CrimMinds_CBS #CBS 9/28 9pm! http://bit.ly/2bQSqm1

REGULAR CAST:

GUEST CAST:
    Bodhi Elfman (Peter Lewis)
    Erik Stocklin (Brian Phillips)
    Bobby Ray Shafer (Chief Arthur Emmett)
    Jeff Kongs (Officer Chet Dewey)
    Amy Landon (Carla Jean Birch)
    Tim Abell (Earl Roy Everton)
    Kraig Dane (Daniel Cullen)
    Tom Jenkins (Bob Phillips)
    Jami Ferreira (Gail Phillips)
    Sarah Buehler (Mistress Magdaline)
    Ashlynn Ross (Chelsea Carter)
    Randolph Thompson (Doctor Jones)
    Brooke Culbertson (Officer Dewey's Wife)
    Gavin Michael Pierce (Officer Dewey's Son)

WRITTEN BY: Breen Frazier, one of the series' executive producers
    DIRECTED BY: Glenn Kershaw

7. blackflag

I've stopped watching mostly because of the sheer number of cast changes in recent seasons and I pretty much lost interest back in season 10 - it was getting stale for me.

Criminal Minds Season 12: Everything You Need to Know

8. blackflag

9. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I read it. He is not going to be the lead of the BAU.

10. blackflag

He's replacing Thomas Gibson. Prentiss is replacing Hotch. Just like with "CSI", Fishburne replaced Billy Petersen and Catherine replaced Grissom.

11. Rena

Rena Rookie

What a mess.

I watched the first episode and it was pretty good, I thought. It's always a little bit strange when new characters are introduced, but Luke Alvez seems to be very different from the others, so let's what will happen. I'm not sure if I will watch this season till the end since I'm a fan of Hotch and tired of all the changes.

12. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

I feel the same way. If they give Hotch a dignified exit then maybe I'll give it a try. But if their solution is to kill him off then I'm done.

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

WHEN JJ ARRIVES HOME SHAKEN AFTER A ROUGH CASE, SHE BREAKS DOWN AND TELLS HER HUSBAND ABOUT THE ABDUCTION OF TWO CHILDREN, ON "CRIMINAL MINDS," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 5

JJ & Luke Alvez search for two missing kids!

"Sick Day" – When JJ arrives home shaken after a rough case, she breaks down and tells her husband about the abduction of two children, on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Oct. 5 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: A child abduction case hits hard for JJ as painful memories resurface. @CrimMinds_CBS #CBS 10/5 9pm http://bit.ly/2cqAE9n

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:
    Josh Stewart (Will LaMontagne Jr.)
    Mekhai Andersen (Henry LaMontagne)

GUEST CAST:
    Jaylin Ogle (Roberto Morales)
    Genneya Walton (Francesca Morales)
    Dionne Gipson (Renee Jackson-Morales)
    Robert James Watkins (Officer Harrison)
    Eric Murdoch (John David Bates)
    Greg Yoder (Max's Father)
    Cathy Lynn Yonek (Max's Mother)
    Tina Landon (Crying Mother)
    Ciara Caneega (Trisha Bates)

WRITTEN BY: Virgil Williams
    DIRECTED BY: Larry Teng

14. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I have a feeling that they will bring Hotch back, especially if people stop watching. I think what they will do is to have
    him take some time, so that he can spend more time with his son.
    Can't really replace Hotch, in a way he's the show; not taking away from the other characters.

15. Rena

Rena Rookie

Intense episode. Sad. Disturbing. Poor JJ, I can see why she's blaming herself (though I don't think she did anything wrong). She will probably have to deal with that for a very long time. To be honest, I was a little bit shocked about the ending. I'm used to happy endings, not terrible ones with kids being killed in a fire. Had tears in my eyes. Big ones.