Coronation Street: Vera Duckworth- You will be missed!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by nattybatty55, Jan 18, 2008.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok Coronation Street is a British soap and tonight one of the chacters 'Vera Duckworth' died after being part of the soap since 1974

The famous street will never be the same without her shouting at Jack and other lads on the street. The woman who would take anyone in and help them will definatley be missed :(

To Liz Dawn who has played Vera for many years..Have a wounderful retirement :D

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I didn't realise she was leaving Coronation Street until this morning. :eek:

Vera Duckworth has been in the soap for years and she will be greatly missed, by all the fans. It will be really strange not seeing her on TV and even stranger seeing Jack without Vera. :eek:

3. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I knew she was leaving but I didn't know when I think Liz had had cancer a few months ago (that's why she had little screen time) and must have decided it was time :)

I have a feelng that Jack maybe leaving too so I think he may stil be moving to Blackpool :p

4. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I heard that Jack doesn't leave, the only reason Vera left was because the woman who plays her is ill and it was putting a lot of stress on her health being in the show. But I totally agree, she will be sorely missed. :(

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I read that she was diagnosed with lung disease emphysema five years ago and filming has taken it's toll on her. I totally agree with her leaving. Her health is far more important than the show.

6. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

Did you guys watch it? Ohmigod it was so sad :(. It made me cry, and I don't even watch it normally. Jeez, I'm becoming an emotional wreck.

7. CSISneaky

CSISneaky Police Officer

I just watched it. Poor Jack how's he gonna cope without her it was so sad :(

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I used to watch to it all the time Monday, wednesday and sunnday :D But I just haven't been bothered, well I've been too busy, the past few months :D

Your weren't the only one who cried :(

9. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I don't really watch much english TV anyway, but when I do watch, Corrie's the only one I do.

She didn't want him to go to the pub and he did anyway :( she died alone.

What really got me was when he started talking to her as if she was still alive *pass the tissues please*

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I know, I watch more US TV than english :lol:

I liked what Jack said about her dieing happy with all her memories around her!

I think him talking to her was worse than when he first saw her. But did you see him hugging himself before it cut to the break :(

11. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I wanted to go in there and hug him myself. I don't see why they had to make Vera die though, they could have gone off to Blackpool and been happy and everything, but no, they have to make it sad :(

12. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I watched it specifically because it was her last ep, I just didn't expect it to be so sad. Jack's reactions really really got to me.

I read that Liz Dawn (Vera) had specifically asked for a permanent exit. I guess she didn't want to be tempted to return.
    Still, at least it was her choice to leave the show.