Companions

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by RBC, Apr 12, 2006.

1. RBC

RBC Coroner

I think the CSI Companion comes in very handy. Does someone know whether a new one comes with season 4 - 6 in it? And is there also gonna be a CSI: Miami and CSI: NY Companion?

2. lane

lane Police Officer

I'd like to ask-how would you rate the book?
    Is it like a boring textbook or like a faithful guide?
    I'm currently deciding to buy it or not...

3. RBC

RBC Coroner

It's not something I would just read. But there's a lot of info int it that's nice to know.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I know there are quite a few errors in the book. I am hoping that the next one won't have as much.

5. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Same here, and I'm hoping with three more seasons now under their collective belt, it'll be out soon. They had "canons" regarding the "starting eight" characters - how about the detectives, lab techs, etc. - will they do anything like that for them? I mean, Vartann, Vega, Bobby, Archie, Hodges, they've all been there a while now, and Ecklie's been there from Season One...how about some background on him? :cool:

I do like the "behind the scenes" on each ep a whole lot...!!

6. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

^What is this book about exactly i've heard some about it just want to know so i can buy it or not it looks good though :rolleyes:

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From what I glanced at in a bookstore, it goes into detail about each character and each episode of the first three seasons. A few items may differ from CBS official website info or what you may have seen on television. It also tells about some behind the scenes secrets and what went into creating the show. They should be ready for an update unless the author is sure the show will only go one more season. It is similar to episode guide books previously released for the various Star Treks and several other series.

8. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

^WoW is sounds cool. I probably buy it since im obsess with CSI! :p How much it is?

9. Nirvana

Nirvana CSI Level One

You can read it for free at a public library. Unless of course you were planning on cutting out the pictures or something. I find it's only a book you read once, but that's just my personal opinion of course. :)

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I personally think the one source that is best over the Companion book or the CBS "Official" website is a little something called ... *drum roll, please* ,,, CSIFiles.com. It has the episode guides, cast lists, and reviews for all three series, lots of pictures in the character/main cast threads, latest news, and this neat message board to discuss it. But the Companion book is handy to show off or read in bed. Originally released at $25.00 (US dollars), Amazon.com has it for $15.75 and you get free shipping if you buy over $25.00 in various merchandise in one order to one address. They can also show you some of their associated used-book vendors that have it from $4.31 and up. And like another reply said, you can check with your local library to see if they loan it out (as if anyone would want to return it).

11. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

^Thanks for the info. :)

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I checked it out of the library (had to request it via interlibrary loan) and was enjoying it until it had to go back :( It was a good read though.