Comfort- GSR Fic

Chapter 4: Peace
(Sara sighs shakily as Gil pats her shoulder.)
Gil (Gently): Is there more on your mind?
Sara (Nods): I need a sec, though.
(She takes a few deep breaths, and Gil waits patiently.)
Gil: Do you feel like you can talk about it?
Sara (Smiles confidently): With you, I can say anything.
(Gil smiles. He's glad she feels that way.)
Sara: There was this one night... (She trails off, then finds the strength to pick up.) He got really abusive. Broke both my wrists. Mom saw it and called 911. The ambulance came and took me to the ER and about half an hour later, she came in. He'd pinned her against the wall, and she had a couple cracked ribs. (Tears cloud her eyes, and she rests her head on Gil's shoulder. He kisses her lightly and her sobs are muffled.)

(Gil breaks the kiss after a few minutes.)
Gil: Shh, shh. It's okay. Let it out.
(Sara shakes her head. She hates it when people see her cry, but with Gil, she feels comfortable and strong. She knows he'll never judge her or put her down.)
Sara: I promised myself I wouldn't do this again. (She sniffles.)
Gil (Gently as he wipes the tears from her eyes): It's okay. Like I said before, you're only human. You're admitting that it affects you by crying. This is a good sign. It means you're coming to terms with it.
Sara (Quietly): You think so?
Gil (Nods): I know so. Your wounds will heal eventually, Sara, and you'll be stronger once they do.
(Sara nods and rests her head on his chest, clinging to him. She hopes he's right. He pulls her closer and kisses the top of her head.)

Back