Comfort- GSR Fic

toomuchovertime

CSI Level Two
Chapter 1: Comfort
(It's a slow day in the lab, and Gil comes upon the break room. He starts to walk past the door, but a strangled cry stops him.)
Sara (Child-like, frightened): Please stop, Mama! It shouldn't happen like this! (She cries out again, this time more urgently. Gil rushes to her side, shaking her shoulders gently.)
Gil (In a quiet, coaxing tone): Sara? Come on, wake up. You're safe now. They can't hurt you anymore.
(She wakes with a few pained gasps, and Gil instinctively wraps his arms around her. She's shivering, but he doesn't want to move, knowing she needs him now more than ever.)
Gil (Soothingly): Shh, shh. You're safe here, Sara. I'm right here with you.
(Suddenly, she raises her head, the fear still shining in her eyes. It kills him to see her in this pain. He kisses the top of her head and speaks gently.)
Gil: It's all right now. I promise I won't leave you.
Sara (As tears start to trickle down her cheeks): Gil, I felt so trapped.
Gil (Nods): I could hear it in your voice when I came in. You were crying out.
Sara: I was? What did I say?
Gil: “Please stop, Mama. It shouldn't happen like this.”
Sara (Nods): That was the day she killed him. I tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen. (Her voice breaks, and she shivers, so Gil holds her tighter.) She just kept drivin' the knife in deeper.
Gil (Gently): Sara, there was nothing you could've done, You were just a little girl.
Sara (Nods): I know that in my head, but-
Gil (Cuts her off gently): Shh. Don't do this to yourself. It wasn't your fault.
(She nods, but her self-built wall crumbles again, and tears begin flowing freely down her cheeks. Scared and confused, she buries her head in his shoulder, and he embraces her protectively.)
Gil (Soothingly): Shh, shh. It's okay. You're safe with me.

Chapter 2: Fear

(Sara's emotions still have a painful hold on her, and she sobs into Gil's shoulder.)
Gil (Gently as he pats her back): Shh, it's okay. Let it all out. (She doesn't have the strength to look him in the eyes yet, so he continues in a soothing tone.) You know, Sara, this is nothing to be ashamed of. You're only human.
Sara (Slightly muffled, through her tears): But I feel like I should be over it by now.
Gil: No one ever completely recovers from something like that, Sara. Those types of wounds don't heal very easily.
It's nothing to feel guilty about.
Sara: But I do. I feel guilty every day.
Gil (Gently as she raises her head to look at him): Don't do this to yourself. You had nothing to do with what happened.
Sara: I know, but sometimes-
Gil (Cuts her off): Shh, no buts. Just trust me.
Sara (Smiles softly): Gil, you know I do. I always have.

Chapter 3: Calm

(Gil smiles softly at her and goes to get up. Instinctively, she reaches out to stop him.)
Sara: Gil, you said you wouldn't leave me.
Gil (Gently, with a reassurring smile): I'm not. I was just gettin' us some tea. (He returns to her side with two mugs.)
Sara (Smiles as she takes one): Thanks.
Gil (Smiles back, taking a sip): Anytime.
(Sara sighs, sipping hers slowly.)
Gil (As he puts his cup down and puts a hand on her shoulder): You wanna talk about it?
Sara (Nods): You don't mind?
Gil (Smiles): Would I have asked if I did?
Sara (Smiles, chuckles): I guess you're right.
Gil (Jokingly): Aren't I always?
(Sara hits him on the shoulder playfully and laughs.)
Sara: I felt so trapped growin' up, and it wasn't just that day. I always felt like I wasn't wanted, like nothing I said or did was ever gonna be good enough. I never felt loved or cared for. (She pauses with a shy smile.) That is, 'til I met you.
(Gil smiles at her and cups her chin in his hand, kissing her lightly.)

i really like ur story plz continue it i am a nut for anything GSR .... i like how its starting and can't wait to see ur creativity shine through!
GSR fan and now devoted reader of ur story ..... CSITraine
(wow i don't think i even spelt my own screen name proberly.... i need to come on more .. teehee)

Back