CHRISTMAS

Calihan said:
I love Christmas time, I'm going to have some fun in this thread.

Good Calihan you go ;) lots of stuff to chat about huh?? me too..just hung my Xmas wreath.. ;)

I love Christmas too! My Mom and I go driving around, looking at all the Christmas lights.

True story: In high school, my friends and I would drive around and give people's houses scores based on their Christmas lights. Then, we'd put the score in the mailbox and thank them for lighting up their houses. If you live in Southern California, it might have been me! :)

There's a house in Boston that has over 10,000 ligts up.

Here's the full Boston Globe article

PrettyEyes how would you rate this house.

ChristmasLights.jpg

It are VERY purrdy!

I would give it 15/10. Because I'm generous and I like shiny things......

You know how much of an electricity bill that must rack up...

But, yeah. I do like Christmas. I love the Christmas beetles and since it is Summer here and the holidays. can spend as much time outside as I want, listening to said Christmas Beetles. :)

I hate christmas. Especially those who put up Xmas lights already in Nov and take those off in Feb.I mean, it's nice to have lights in trees and windows but that pic above :rolleyes: it's insanity.

But you guys enjoy the thread :D

I LOVE Christmas & everything about it. The music, the shopping, the lights, the snow, the tress, the eggnog etc. It's pretty much my favourite holiday after Easter. I mainly have 5 people to shop for, and that's just immediate family. I plan to start my shopping next Tuesday, the 5th as that's the day after I finish classes. I want to avoid the chaos & get all the good gifts before they're gone.

*eta* Plus, I have an excuse to buy a new dress or two due to Christmas parties :D.

Bah humbug! A local radio statio that I usually listen to goes 24-hour Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving. They do not wait until December. And for someone who was raised Jewish, I do not mind an occasional holiday song, but all day every day for a month is crazy. When I worked part-time in radio a few years ago, we would start with one song each half hour about this time of year and then gradually build up to full time. And they do not play any Chanukah music. Is there even such a thing as Kwanzaa music? If so, I never hear any. Time to pull out the old cassettes. Bah humbug!!!

jorja_fan86 said:
I LOVE Christmas & everything about it. The music, the shopping, the lights, the snow, the tress, the eggnog etc. It's pretty much my favourite holiday after Easter. I mainly have 5 people to shop for, and that's just immediate family. I plan to start my shopping next Tuesday, the 5th as that's the day after I finish classes. I want to avoid the chaos & get all the good gifts before they're gone.

*eta* Plus, I have an excuse to buy a new dress or two due to Christmas parties :D.

Yup..me too. great time of the year.. everything about it sparkling lights..the whole atmopshpere :D.. and MMMM eggnog yummy.. "Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la" and Calihan great pic. thank's ;)

Calihan, I love Christmas, and the picture of that house you posted is just stunning!

I love everything about Christmas, and I love sharing it with those around me. At my house, as well as our tree and other ornaments, we make bon-bons for the Christmas table :)

It's offically the Christmas season! I just finished watching The Nightmare Before Christmas :lol:

I adore Christmas. I love the crowded malls, and searching for that perfect gift for someone else. :D

My family is decorating the tree tomorrow. We finally got a real christmas tree this year! :)

I am not a huge fan of Christmas but I do love spending time with friends and family. I do think that you northern hemisphere folk have a very different Christmas to us Southerners though, my family usually sit outside in the shade and have lunch and then play badminton or volleyball, and then in the late afternoon we usually go for a walk on the beach, ohhh just made myself terribly homesick! :(

we have a rule in my house, christmas decorations do not go up until december 1st or my mom will move out :lol: she likes christmas and all, its just that tree had better not be up too soon!
christmas is one of the times of the year i am forced to go to church against my will, that part i dont like. i like having my family over or going to visit with them. plus my mom goes all out on cookie baking :D
this year my mom is mad at me, well shes over it now. i am going to new york city with my friend and her mom and we leave christmas eve. whenever she tells her friends say 'your daughter is leaving you for christmas! thats horrible!!' :lol: this will be my first christmas away from my family, so well see how it goes

We don't put lights anywhere before 21st or 22nd. Except to that pinetree that's in our yard, because it's so damn dark otherwise.

Back