Christina Aguilera To Appear On 'CSI: New York'

CSI Files

Captain
Singer <font color=yellow>Christina Aguilera</font> has signed on to make her television acting debut in a February sweeps episode of CSI: New York.

"Christina's a fan of the show, and we're excited to have her," CSI: NY executive producer and co-creator <font color=yellow>Anthony E. Zuiker</font> told TV Guide, who reveal the news in their November 20 issue. The magazine said that Aguilera is still only in talks to appear on the show, but Zuiker has already decided on a topic for the episode: "The episode will probably explore the topic of battered women."

Unlike other pop singers such as <font color=yellow>Britney Spears</font> or <font color=yellow>Mandy Moore</font>, Aguilera has never tried acting before. She was recently rumored to be trying to land a part in a big-screen film about 1950s B-movie star <font color=yellow>Jeanne Carmen</font>, but the CSI: New York episode will definitely mark the first time she will ever act on TV. In addition, the episode's soundtrack will feature some of Aguilera's music.

The topic of battered women is one that has long been important to Aguilera. She has previously done charity work to aid women's shelters, and has sung about she and her mother facing abuse at the hands of her father.

For the original report from TV Guide, get the new issue of the magazine, on newstands from Thursday the 16th of November.<center></center>

Ok, we tried this already this year with Kid Rock and Stella being battered and it didn't work out. And Christina not acting before? Tried that out to on CSI with K-Fed last month and his acting didn't work out either. Were 0 for 2.

It's amazing that the CSI shows hire musicians rather than good quality actors. We've had Xzibit on Miami, John Mayer on CSI (who wasn't bad), K-Fed, Kid Rock and a few others to name.

I can only hope this will work out.

*headdesk* Do they think they need celebrities on the show to get people to watch? Why not try to get some big-name actors (to echo what vegaslights said ;)), or at least people who actually know how to act? NY had Michael Clarke Duncan in season 1, and he did a phenomenal job with the part he had--I'd rather they take that route, if they absolutely insist on using people we've heard of.

I'm reminded of the Suicide Girls episode this season--they weren't the worst actresses ever, but they didn't exactly impress me. I hope Christina can act better than that, but I'm inclined to be skeptical about it.

However, if she has a really crazy blonde-afro at the time, I might forgive her inability to act, as I'll be laughing my ass off and watching for the reactions of the main cast members. :lol: *wipes away a tear of mirth at the thought*

oh thank GOD it's on NY not on the original one. i got scared when i first heard the rumour and it was implied she's gonna be on LV. with all due respect to NY fans, i feel relieved, cuz i think it wouldn't do any good for the show.

Faylinn said:
NY had Michael Clarke Duncan in season 1, and he did a phenomenal job with the part he had--I'd rather they take that route, if they absolutely insist on using people we've heard of.

Me too. Sometimes even the actors who aren't as famous can leave the best performance because they have the experience. And aren't we past the battered woman issue? I know it's important but you'd think after THAT happened to Stella, they'd stop trying to put more spotlight on it. The impact might be lost after all.

Hmm, interesting news. Although it is still vague, it would seem that they are trying to write a part for her to appear as or even writing an episode just to include her interests? I think that is a little strange, surely NY doesn't have a ratings problem at the moment to need to resort to this?

That said, as she hasn't acted before maybe it is best to write around her rather than have her just filling a role that is available, and I think she is a talented singer so maybe that will translate into a great performance. You go Christina!! ;)

Faylinn said:
or at least people who actually know how to act? NY had Michael Clarke Duncan in season 1, and he did a phenomenal job with the part he had--I'd rather they take that route, if they absolutely insist on using people we've heard of.
I agree. What's with all the singers? So we've had Kid Rock, K-Fed and at some point they've had Travis from Blink 182 in a small part. Why can't they use guest stars that are stars? I loved the episode in CSI with Stephen Baldwin and the NY episode with Michael Clarke Duncan - those were fantastic, real guest stars.

I have nothing against Christina Aguilera, but this sort of route they're going down, I'm not overly keen on. In fact, it puts me off the episode.

I agree with what most people here have said. Putting musicians who want to have their first ry at acting on, 'The Most Watched TV Drama Of All Time' ain't really gonna go down too well with fans.

I agree with Adzix because I don't watch NY. More specifically I can't but anyways. I am glad they aren't putting another musician on LV because that would just ruin it for me.

Quote you, ineverysunflower.
It's great that singers ask to participate to tv-shows, but it's better if it remains a participation only (expecially if they aren't good actors).

^Hey thats true cause i dont really watch this series but you damn right i'll be watching when Christina's in it! :cool:

Back