CBS Shifts 'Blue Bloods', 'Defenders'

Not everybody can purchase a TV Guide all the time and like great_snowflake said they are not always accurate. There are people who will be aware of the changes and there are others who will not be, it's simply the way it is. IMO CBS are messing way too much with the scheduling. I have no problem with it because now I always get my info here. I'm just saying not everybody does.

I agree it sounds confusing. It might not be so hard to keep up with as it's happening though.

I've often wondered how much overlap there is in the CBS crime contingency viewers. On any forums I've been on, it seems like a lot of people watch a lot of the shows. I know that any given weeknight it's likely that I have the TV on whichever one is on that night. I make a special effort to watch Vegas and Criminal Minds, but I probably catch five or six other shows on any week, sometimes because I don't bother to change the channel (every time I've seen the Mentalist or Defenders, that's what happened). I can't imagine that I'm unique in that sense. And from that perspective, all the changes kind of come out in the wash.

Deck chairs and Titanic spring to my mind, the ratings have dropped roughly by 25% and to me at least TPTB are trying everything including the kitchen sink before they finally admit defeat. Like it or not Stella/Smacked were phenomenally popular the show's bread and butter so when MK left in such a shabby way (one measly line from Lindsay isn't remotely good enough in fact it's down right insulting to character, actress and the audience) she took a large part of an extremely angry audience with her. You have only got to see how quiet the fan forums have become to realise the impact of MK's departure on the show as someone said to me without Smacked there is nothing left to say and if people aren't talking about CSI:NY then why would they want to watch it? Sela Ward is a fine actress and under other circumstances would have been a great addition to the show but you can't replace the irreplacible it was always Mac and Stella together not Mac or Stella alone that we loved and it always will be.Has Stella said herself way back in Officer Blue Mac would carry on without her just not as good. In the same way you would never have Superman without Lois Lane or Holmes without Watson, Taylor without Bonasera is plain wrong.

...Why yes. Of course. Quite clearly, every scheduling decision that Tassler & Co. make across the board inexplicably linked only to Smacked.

Back