Cath & Warrick #9 - He'd give her the shirt off of his back

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by twins1729, Nov 28, 2007.

1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Re: Cath & Warrick #9 - He'd give her the shirt off of his back

Over at the Fort (NG shippers), someone mentioned a new David Rambo interview up, and two specific quotes. I definitely think they apply to Yo!Bling too.

"When it comes to the personal lives of our characters, we find it much more engaging to give hints rather than depict a lot of details and explain everything"

"There is no such thing as reading too far into any details."

Basically, subtext is everything, and Warrick and Catherine are certainly not lacking in that department.

2. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

Great quote happyharper13. Its so true for YOBLING as well as the The LOVE. The evidence is in the details as they say. With YOBLING (and the LOVE) we have seen little subtexty moments since the first season. All we need is that one little mention of their realtionship by someone on the show to make it canon. Even though half of this ship is gone I will still believe in the power of YOBLING.

Also Happy Holidays everyone!! [​IMG]

3. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Hey guys. Just to let you know, it's starting to get a little "chatty" in here. Please remember that each post must contain at least three lines. Thank you.

4. MsCatherineBrown

So I was thinking about Warrick and Cath's relationship in regards to Lindsey. Even from the first season we see Warrick helping Cath out with here. Like in The Finger when shes kidnapped and Warrick looks after Lindesy while Cath is gone. Also thiers another episode when Cath is talking to Eddie with Lindesy there and Warrick takes Lindsey to play on his computer. Hes just so cute with kids. I noticed in Fannysmackin how Warrick comments on Cath's mothering skills. And it makes me warm inside for YOBLING.

Warrick: About time. Finally some good news.
    Catherine: Did you know Pig, a.k.a Cole Tritt, was the only adult? The rest were all under 18. One was 14.
    Warrick: You're kidding. Who raises these kids?
    Catherine: I mean, they weren't all deliquents. Demetrius James was a college student.
    Nick: Hangin' out with the wrong crowd in the wrong town. I'm tellin' ya, havin' a fake I.D in Las Vegas is like havin' a--a free ticket on the hell train. Sex, drugs, gambling, no adult supervision, 24/7, by the time they're 21 they've done and seen it all.
    Catherine: Make me slit my wrists why don't ya? I'm raising a teenager here.
    Warrick: Ah, you're doin' a great job, Linds is gonna turn out to be a beautiful young woman. Besides, I grew up in Vegas, I didn't turn out so bad, did I?

5. MsCatherineBrown

Found another moment I like every time I see it. In Secrets and Flies they are investigating the murder of a single mom. And some how knowledge of rocks comes into play. Its right after Warrick gets married to Tina. Yet he is still flirting with Cath, so much so Hodges calls him on it.

Catherine: Diorite granite.
    Hodges: You remember your geology.
    Catherine (excited she was right): Yes!
    Warrick: Wow.
    Catherine: Actually senior year I took rocks for jocks. I dated the TA.
    Warrick: Ha, lucky guy. I'm sure you got an A.
    Catherine: As a matter of fact I did.
    Warrick: Mm-hmm.
    Hodges: You're married. Don't flirt

6. MsCatherineBrown

I know I have mentioned this scene like a thousand times before but its one of favorites and one of the most recent YOBLING moments. A La Cart, is a good episode for YOBLING cause Warrick finally tells Cath hes divorced and they get close in the dark.

Catherine: I'm sorry, but this is a stupid idea for a restaurant. I need to see what I'm eating.
    Warrick (wearing night vision goggles he found at the crime scene): I can see just fine.
    Catherine: Where are you?
    Warrick: Right here. (she turns on the lights and is a couple inches from him)
    Catherine: Hi!
    Warrick: Hi!
    Catherine: Night vision goggles?
    Warrick: Yeah, someone left these behind.
    Catherine: Kinda defeats the purpose of dining in the dark.
    Warrick: Unless you don't come here for the food.

7. MsCatherineBrown

Season six rough and great for YOBLING. Warrick tells Cath hes married in the first episode of the season yet we get her confession to him about her feelings for him. I always get kinda teary eyed when I see this scene.

Warrick: Catherine, can we talk...about this? (he holds up his hand, with his wedding ring on it)
    Catherine: Sure.
    Warrick: You know what happened to Nick just got me thinking... life is so short. You know, it's almost-- it's almost shorter than we want to ever believe.
    Catherine: Live for the day.
    Warrick: Exactly. So...I, uh, went ahead and I asked this young lady that I've been seeing, Tina, to marry me.
    Catherine (smiles): Well, you know that I'm happy for you.
    Warrick: Yeah?
    Catherine: Yeah.
    Warrick: Well, it also feels like you're not so happy for me.
    Catherine: Warrick.. (laughs) you know, the thing that makes a fantasy great is the possibility that it might come true. And when you lose that possibility it just, kinda, sucks.

8. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Talk about bittersweet. I've always both loved and loathed that episode. It was the highest point in our journey wasn't it? I've still not given up... but I think I have accepted that he's gone. I still think that there's a chance we'll get some sort of confirmation that they were more than friends at one point.

9. MsCatherineBrown

^^ I know we will. We better. I mean after all these years. All the flirting, moments and eye sex. It would be cruel of the writers to just let it go like that after eight years of build up. I watched The Happy Place yesterday. I got all teary eyed when Cath sees his name in her phone and stutters. :(

10. SheShotSherlock

SheShotSherlock Witness

have you seen my yobling wallpaper yet? it makes me cry everytime i look at it.. :(
    the words are so perfect.. and sad.
    yoBling

11. Sammey

Sammey Victim

INVISIBLE EVIDENCE, S4E7.
    Catherine: Hey you.
    Warrick: Hey.
    Catherine: How... are you holding up?
    Warrick: I'm fine.
    Catherine: You sure?
    Warrick: Yeah.
    Catherine: You're in the women's bathroom.
    Warrick: [laughs] Oh, God. I'm sorry.
    Catherine: [laughs and puts her hands up] Hey. I'm all for it.

(Haha, so funny.)

BODIES IN MOTION, S6E1.
    Catherine: You know, the thing that makes a fantasy great is the possibility that it might come true. And when you lose that possibility - it just kind of sucks.

(Hinting somethere there, Cat?)

ICED, S5E23.
    Catherine: I thought you said you were a dork in high school.
    Warrick: I was a dork... I still am a dork. But I had dimples. I got a little action.
    Catherine: I don't doubt that.

(Awwe, they're so cute! And I'm with Catherine, I don't doubt it either.)

12. MsCatherineBrown

Great wallpaper SheShotSherlock made me all teary. Sammy great moments you quoted. I just saw Invisible Evidence the other day. Makes me laugh then sad cause we will never see that kind of interaction again. Watching new episode makes me sad in a way. But yet give me hope that soon we will have Cath mention her realtionship with Warrick.

13. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

That's a great wallpaper!

Thanks for posting all the quoted conversations, I really like reading them even though they make me nostalgic. I really miss seeing them on-screen together.

14. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I really love this 'ship. For some reason the fact that he's gone doesn't change how perfec they seemed to me. It's like their love transcends death. Or at least that my love of their love does. Haha.

I've been trying to get my YoBling writing prowess back but I'm not sure how well I'm doing. I wrote that one piece about eight weeks ago (yay FCG challenges) and I've just finished another challenge piece that I'm calling yobling. It's more Warrick/Catherine friendship/chemistry with a whole lot of Catherine in it. It's not bad though. Should have it up later today.

Fanfiction's what's keeping me going. Poeple in the fanfiction community don't seem to have forgotten us.

15. Sammey

Sammey Victim

Death doesn't stop love, it only delays it!

That's my favorite quote, and I think it fits them perfectly.

True that! I mean, it'll never be as good as their interactions on TV, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

[​IMG]

Favorite eppie, right there! Both Yo!Bling AND The Love? I was so sold.