Broken Inside (H/Y) ***possible s6 spoilers***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Hrockz, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Author's note: Taking a break from my regular fic cos I watched CSI:NY and just had to pen this down. I got the inspiration to write from Mac's interaction with his stepson Reed, and spoilers for s6 premiere regarding Horatio. But it's still a H/Y-centric fic.
    Warning: Contains possible spoilers for s6 premiere.

Yelina Salas watched the scene unfold before her eyes on the steps of MDPD. The red-haired Lieutenant stood with his usual pose, his hands on his hips, sunglasses perched on his nose, unaware that as he was watching the youth, he himself was being observed. The boy bore a resemblance to Horatio, not something you'd observe on first glance but on a second look, there would be no mistaking it. The boy was Horatio's. He had not inherited his father's red hair but more of a ginger blonde. A look into the teen's troubled blue eyes was a dead giveaway, both father and son seem to carry with them a lifetime worth of pain and hurt. Her thoughts drifted to the morning that day when Horatio had turned up at her doorstep. Since their chance encounter over a case she was hired to investigate, Horatio had made it a point to come by a little more often, usually on the pretext of seeing Ray Jr, but she knew his intentions, as she always had. And she played along with their little charade that had been going on for years.

***flashback***

"Hi!" Yelina was surprised by her early morning visitor.

"Hey," Horatio smiled warmly, a smile she noticed was reserved for only her.

"You just missed Ray, he left for school a couple of minutes ago." Yelina explained.

"Actually, I'm here to see you." Horatio replied rather sheepishly.

Yelina's heart did a flip. What was the man trying to do now?

"I um, I need a favor." Horatio said, cocking his head to one side.

Yelina's heart sank a little, she should have known, she chided herself. "Sure." Her lips replied automatically.

"This is gonna sound strange, I'm still trying to accept the news myself... but um..."

Horatio was trying to prepare her for something. She could tell, if it was about a case he was working on there was no need for this extra cushioning. He shifted his weight nervously.

"... I think, I think, I may have a son I didn't know about." Horatio sounded apologetic. Why should he be?

"Ok." Yelina was taken aback by the news. "You have a name? The mother?" The words slipped out before she realised it. She shouldn't have asked, it wasn't her place.

"I have an idea, who the mother might be. It was back in New York, she was the D.A. We err... it was a rough relationship, we broke up on bad terms. She probably didn't want me to know about the boy... I found out she died in a car accident not long after the boy was born."

Yelina nodded her head. His explaination comforted her somewhat. Again she chided herself. She had no right to be jealous. "This boy have a name?"

"Yeah. Kyle. Kyle Hamon." The words sounded strange coming from himself. "I'd like to know what kind of life he had, umm.. he's a suspect in a case I'm working on, I um.."

"I'll get right on it." Yelina said.

"Thanks." Horatio smiled again, but Yelina detected the confusion in his eyes.

***end flashback***

Yelina had found out the 16-year old boy had been in and out of foster care, and his current foster parents had moved to Miami three years ago. He was a juvenile deliuquent, and had it tough growing up, much like his father, she mused, except for the delinquent part. Horatio had revealed to the boy that he was his biological father, and he hadn't seemed to take the news well. He was a teenager afterall. She watched as Horatio removed his sungalsses and walked up to the youth. She couldn't make out what they said.

"So, if you need anything, you give me a call ok?" Horatio said, handing Kyle his card. Horatio had always been a father-figure to Ray Jr, but to Kyle he wasn't sure what approach to take. He suspected his judgement might have been clouded by the guilt he was feeling.

Kyle looked at the card for a second then looked at Horatio. "Just because you slept with my mother, doesn't mean you can instantly be my Dad."

"I know." Horatio said sadly. "But I want to make things right with you."

"Cos it's not good for a poilce officer to have a kid like me?" Kyle scoffed.

"No. Because I care about you."

"You hardly know me." Kyle said.

"But I intend to." Horatio countered. "Your mother never told me about you. If she had..."

"Yeah whatever." Kyle said, brushing Horatio off.

"I'd like if you'd take the card." Horatio said firmly.

Kyle swiped the card from Horatio's hand.

"I'll come round to see you." Horatio added as Kyle turned and walked towards the waiting car of his foster mother.

Yelina waited for the car to pull away, before taking slow measured steps to Horatio. His head was bowed, his fingertips playing with one another in his usual fashion. She stood shoulder-to-shoulder beside him, and slipped a hand into his. Their clasped hands fell to the space between them.

Horatio was surprised by her gesture, but as always she was the one who made the first move. Her hand in his still felt electrifying, but at the same time it sent feelings of calm and warmth to this heart.

"He'll come round. You just need to give him some time." Yelina started.

"I know." Horatio said with a sigh. "I wish I had..."

"Horatio you never knew he exsisted till today." Yelina knew he was about to go down that road of self-blame again.

He said nothing, only nodded The stood there hand in hand for a long while. Time seemed to stand still. Horatio turned so that they were staring into each other's eyes now, their hands still linked. Still no words passed between them, perhpas beacuse there was no need for words. Their eyes spoke the truth their lips did not dare to utter. Yelina saw turmoil, pain, regret and guilt in his blue eyes, and a longing, a longing for her she knew had always been there. Did her own eyes betray her own longing for him as well?

"I have to go pick Ray Jr." Yelina said finally.

"Ok." Horatio said.

"If you need anything," Yelina said echoing the phrase he had said to her so many times before.

He nodded and his hand slipped out of hers. She took a few steps, towards her car, wishing he had said, done something about that longing in his eyes.

"Yelina!" Horatio called.

She turned. Her heart had hope. He walked to her. "Umm... thank you."

Her heart sank. How silly of her to expect anything from him. Something in her snapped. "Horatio, I can't do this anymore. I'm tired of this dance we do. It was fun at first, but it's been years, and I'm tired. I can't wait for you my whole life. I just can't."

Horatio understood what she was saying. He watched as the love of his life turned to walk away from him, like so many times before. The reality of losing her, even the precarious friendship they had developed since she had returned from Brazil, spurred him into action. Was it reflex, he never could guess, but he reached out and clasped his hand round her wrist, preventing her from leaving.

Yelina felt his hand round her wrist, it was a firm grip but it wasn't tight or uncomfortable. She felt him pull her to him. Their faces inches away from each other.

"Yelina, don't go." Horatio said softly. "I let you out of my life once, and I won't do it again. I don't want you to ever leave again."

Yelina's head was spinning. This was what she had always wanted to hear from Horatio but she felt caught off guard nevertheless. He spoke again. And she heard words she thought she would never hear coming from his lips.

"I love you. Have loved you since I first met you...." His eyes flashed sadness. "But... we can't..."

Yelina rolled her eyes. "Because I'm still your sister-in-law."

"No. I stopped thinking like that since Rio." Horatio's troubled eyes burned into hers. "Everyone I care about is dead. My parents, Ray, Marisol. I carry the pain of their loss everyday, but if I lost you... if you d-" His voice cracked. He was trying to hold back tears.

Yelina allowed him a moment to compose his thoughts and emotions. "I don't think I'd want to live it I lost you, like I lost them. If you're happy and well, even if you're with someone else, I can live with that, just to see you, know that you're alright. If you're gone... I can't - I don't dare to act on my love for you."

It was then Yelina finally understood his hesistency to act on his feelings for her all this while. It was then she understood the depth of his love for her.

"You deserve so much more than me. I'm all broken inside, I can't even fix myself." Horatio said. his eyes were moist with tears that threatened to fall.

"Then let me help. Together, we'll fix this, we'll fix you. And I won't die on you. I promise." Yelina said.

She touched his cheek like she did when they said goodbye that fateful day at the hanger when he sent her off with Raymond. Then she pulled him into a similar embrace. This time she felt his arms snake round her waist and pull her closer to him. "I love you too," she whispered into his ear.

Minutes passed. She lifted her head from his shoulder. Their faces still inches from each other he closed the small space between their lips. Their kiss was light but it held so much emotion.

She smiled. "I'm late in picking Ray Jr. Why don't you come along, we'll talk more when we get home."

"Yeah. Sounds great." Horatio said. He kissed her again. Just another of the many kisses that was to come in their new relationship.

---------THE END---------

Now if only this would come true in season 6. :p

2. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

I would be the happiest person on earth!

Thanx for that. it was great! :D
    As usual...:D

3. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

If only, if only... *sigh*

Wonderful job! I loved how to weaved the two storylines together- Horatio having a son, and Yelina and him realizing their feelings and what they needed to do to stop the cutesiness, stop living in fear of what might happen (*cough* Horatio *cough*) and live. Because really, if you don't live life to it's fullest, it's as if you never lived it. Great job, love this oneshot! *bookmarks it*

4. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Words to live by cainesugar. Thanks.

5. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Yay!!! That put a smile to my face, especially the part where Yelina tells H that she'll fix him. So sweet!!!

6. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

If that would happen for real I'd squee myself to death haha

7. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

Hey Hrockz, it was wonderful. And I'm with Caddy in loving how you weaved the spoiler and our wishes together perfectly. *keeping my fingers crossed that this will happen* :)

8. HoratioandYelina

HoratioandYelina Rookie

If something like this doesn't happen in season 6, I think the task force from the other fic should go and have a word with the writers.... :devil: :lol:

I love this it's was so sweet~