'Bodies In Motion' On The CSI Season Premiere

CSI Files

Captain
When CSI: Crime Scene Investigation returns from its summer break in late September, the CSIs will work on two challenging cases involving an explosion in a trailer park and a beautiful girl who is found dead on the street -- while Gil Grissom spends some extra-curricular time trying to make sense of the events from last year's season finale.

CSI Files sources suggested today that the season six premiere, called "Bodies In Motion," will open with the two CSI teams working closely together after a nighttime explosion rocks a trailer park. The LVPD needs all available manpower to figure out what happened, and the trailer park residents aren't much help -- they were watching TV, or drinking, or just plain not interested. Captain Brass is getting frustrated. A man and his wife were killed when their trailer was blown pieces, and yet nobody noticed anything unusual? But then one of the neighbors standing around the wreckage butts in. Whoever the man was, he sure wasn't married to Selena, the woman who owned the trailer. She always had all sorts of men coming over -- just the kind of lifestyle that was eventually going to get her killed, if you ask the neighbor.

Brass doesn't ask, but at least he's got a lead. And right on time, too, as Catherine, Warrick and Vartann are called away to a murder scene elsewhere in town. They find a young woman with her head smashed in, wearing nothing but her underwear and... a pair of oversized rubber boots. The CSIs recognise the boots as those worn by the ciy's garbage collectors, and decide to pay the local garbage man a visit. He admits he broke regulations by giving the girl a ride and lending her his boots to get home, but says he he simply wanted to help the girl out after seeing her stumble barefoot in a really bad part of town. Now Catherine is left with three mysteries: who was this girl, what was she doing in one of the worst areas of Vegas, and why did she die anyway after escaping from there?

In the trailer park case, Brass, Sara and Nick identify the dead man as Robert Durgee -- happily married to a woman named Amber, who Brass will now have to go tell both that her husband is dead and that he was cheating on her. Meanwhile, Nick and Sara make a surprising discovery -- the man wasn't killed by the explosion, but rather by a small truck driving over him. Nick puts the truck's tire pattern in the computer, and retrieves a couple of vehicle models that match the tire. Then, on a hunch, he types in Amber Durgee's name into the vehicle registration database -- and finds that, yes, she owns precisely the kind of truck that killed her husband. It looks like Brass's courtesy visit may have to turn nasty...

Where is Gil Grissom in all this? For a while, he's helping out in the trailer park case, but for a large part of this episode, he's working with Archie Kao to figure some stuff out from last year's CSI season finale, "Grave Danger." Grissom has Archie analyze the tape that Walter Gordon left with Nick in his coffin, and they make the surprising discovery that Walter wasn't alone when he recorded the tape. Grissom asks Archie to keep this under the hood for now, but undoubtedly the investigation will continue for several episodes to come.

There's much more going on in "Bodies In Motion", including the return of some character-oriented storylines from last year. There's romantic tension between Grissom and Sara, as Sara still isn't getting any closer to the man she secretly loves. Plus there's professional tension between Grissom and Catherine, with Catherine's career seemingly taking a downturn again. And there's even a separate third case, in which Greg and Sofia work together to try and solve the murder of a pastry delivery girl found dead in her car. Want to know more? Then tune in this September for season six of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation!

Please note that the above plot details have not been confirmed by CBS, Alliance Atlantis or Bruckheimer Films, and until such time you should treat this information as you would any other rumour. The above information comes from early script drafts and the details of the episodes are liable to change before the episodes are shown.

"Bodies In Motion" is expected to air in late September, 2005.<center></center>

Where is Gil Grissom in all this? For a while, he's helping out in the trailer park case, but for a large part of this episode, he's working with Archie Kao to figure some stuff out from last year's CSI season finale, Grave Danger."</A> Grissom has Archie analyze the tape that Walter Gordon left with Nick in his coffin, and they make the surprising discovery that Walter wasn't alone when he recorded the tape.

Finally some juicy spoilers about CSI:LV!!!

This is a cool little tidbit that can be spread out over multiple eps. But what are the odds that the recorder actually survived the explosion that resulted from pulling Nick out of the coffin?

I am looking forward to seeing how they plan to explain that.

Maybe Nick put the recorder in his pocket before they pulled him out or sometime before that.. Who knows?!

I'm glad to see that they're going to trickle out the GD story. That should make for a more realistic and exciting story. But I'm with wlk68...what the heck was that tape made out of that it survived an explosion? :eek:

I'm also glad to see Nick, Sara, and Brass working together. Too bad Greg is shunted off to the "extra" story. :(

I was wondering if that tape would come into play again. I thought it would be interesting, but I also figured it wouldn't have survived the explosion. But remember in "Boom" how that guy was right in front of the bomb but he was still in one piece.

SARA: How could the victim possibly have been in one piece?

CATHERINE: Vacuum effect. The air is being pushed out so fast when the bomb detonates there's a calm at the center.

Could explain how the tape survived.

Anyway, I wonder if Nick knows about it. I don't think he would ever want to hear that tape again, and in fact, if he did it could trigger some sort of episode.

I'm glad Nick got out but I wonder if he will mentally be able to cope with what happend to him and will he be able to work on cases solo again. It will be interesting to see how he copes.

Where is Gil Grissom in all this? For a while, he's helping out in the trailer park case, but for a large part of this episode, he's working with Archie Kao to figure some stuff out from last year's CSI season finale, Grave Danger."</A> Grissom has Archie analyze the tape that Walter Gordon left with Nick in his coffin, and they make the surprising discovery that Walter wasn't alone when he recorded the tape.

Finally some juicy spoilers about CSI:LV!!!

This is a cool little tidbit that can be spread out over multiple eps. But what are the odds that the recorder actually survived the explosion that resulted from pulling Nick out of the coffin?

I am looking forward to seeing how they plan to explain that.

If the explosion had been too powerful, Nick would have been killed as a result of it. So maybe it did survive. This has so many implications. The fact that Gordan might not have been alone..god good Batman!

Also the fact that yes, it will be a background thing and the fact that Papa Grissom is going to be rying to help Nick in his own way..my my my, the implications, since the whole point of the eppy according to QT was to focus on Gil and by so, his friendship with Nick.

I'm pretty "Stoked:" LOL!

Wow, it will be a treat to see Sara and Nick working together again. I would also love to see how Nick and everyone else is coping after he was buried alive.

I would love to see the writers get Nick and Sara together for more than friendship, for romance. All that flirting over the years should be put to good use. ;) :p :p :p :p

There's some dialogue from the Grissom/Archie scene posted by Kika at YTDAW.

Here's the Grissom and Archie scene, at least what I have of it anyway, as it's clearly continuing from the page before.

Grissom:
If the 'okay' were meant for Nick it wouldn't be a question.

Archie:
Someone else was with Walter.

Grissom:
Male or female?

Archie:
It's hard to say. Enhancement and noise cancellation increases the intelligibility, but alters the sound and tone. Nothing more I can do.

Grissom (nods, then):
You can keep this between us.

This sounds really good.

Anyway, I wonder if Nick knows about it. I don't think he would ever want to hear that tape again, and in fact, if he did it could trigger some sort of episode.

I was wondering about that, too. I can see him having a bit of a freak-out if he doesn't know and then finds out that not only did it survive but that Grissom has been studying it. :eek:

He could feel somewhat violated because the stuff on there was pretty intense and personal. I know that he left the tape for people to listen to if he died but I can't imagine he would want anyone to hear it since he survived. I know I certainly wouldn't...how about you guys?

It could also make Nick feel like a bug under one of Grissom's microscopes, dehumanized by someone he trusts and looks up to. :(

Of course, these are all just random speculation on my part.

It's entirely possible that he knows about it and is cool with it. But that wouldn't make half as good an angsty plot line as the other ones I mentioned above. :devil:

From the dialogue it sounds like only Grissom and Archie know about the tape. I actually thought Nick might accidentally overhear it while they were analyzing it, and that probably would not be good. There are really a lot of possibilities for what they can do with that tape, and I just hope that they don't miss the mark.

yipeeee!!! :)

Hearing that Nick and Sara are working together again in the season 6 premiere!! :) Wow!
And finally, some continuity! :)

He could feel somewhat violated because the stuff on there was pretty intense and personal. I know that he left the tape for people to listen to if he died but I can't imagine he would want anyone to hear it since he survived. I know I certainly wouldn't...how about you guys?
I would be absolutely mortified. It would surely bring back some unpleasant memories.

But hey, we could probably find out the exact words Nick said to Grissom, and that would make this obssessed fan very happy. :D

Back