AUS-NZ Season 7 Ep Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Clarrisani, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Thread Dedicated to the countries of Australia & New Zealand

Season 7 kicks off in Australia on February 18th on Network Nine. Built to Kill Part 1 is on at 8:30pm, with Built to Kill Part 2 following immediately thereafter at 9:30pm. It's finally here, folks! And up against Grey's Anatomy, I do believe, which is on Prime/Seven Network at 8:30pm. -- The preview for the Built to Kill is up on Ninemsn Just go over to New Video's and hit 'CSI Sunday'.

Okay we are using this thread for those who wish to discuss the season 7 eps as they air in Australia & New Zealand, I have posted the links to the orginial discussion threads as a guide (for what the ep is about and what others have said about it). -- We have done this before and it was worked really well so we are trying it again, not to mention it makes it easy for those who are just getting to see it that they don't have to search for the ep threads and post in it. Keeping it located in one will allow all Australian & New Zealand fans to be able to have the conversation without confusion. As new ep discussion threads are made, I will edit and post a link (like below).

"Built To Kill P1", "Built To Kill P2", "Toe Tags", "Fannysmackin'"

"Double-Cross", "Burn Out", "Post Mortem", "Happenstance"

"Living Legend", "Loco Motive", "Leaving Las Vegas", "Sweet Jane"

"Redrum, "Meet Market", "Law Of Gravity", "Monster In The Box"

"Fallen Idols", "Empty Eyes", "Big Shots", "Lab Rats"

"Ending Happy", "Leapin Lizards", "The Good, the Bad & the Dominatrix"

Season Finale "Living Doll"

2. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Re: CSI Season 7 - Australia

Well, what to say about Built to Kill. It really was a Catherine drama, and to be perfectly honest I didn't mind it at all. Same goes for the GSR - the little moment where Ecklie commented about Sara always agreeing with Grissom, followed by the look Sara and Grissom exchanged, was great.

Personally, I felt there wasn't enough Greg, but when he did appear it was worth it. Such as when he was searching for the safe and found it when he sat on the toilet and tried to turn on the tv. If he hadn't found the safe I wonder how long he would have sat there, and what would have happened if he'd been caught watching tv on the toilet while working.

I liked the introduction to the Mini Crime Scene. I actually though it was a real room until I saw the doll and then Grissom's eye. The note about it being the victims blood was disturbing, and I'm looking forward to seeing if this occurs every epiosde.

The way that the two cases tied together was an interesting twist - and dark how the partner of the first victim targetted Catherine and Lindsey. Sam really should have said something a lot sooner, and Catherine was so quick to judge her father.

In all, I liked the season opening, and I'm hanging out for more. It was one of the strongest episodes I've seen in a while and makes it look to be a great epiosde.

Next Episode

Toe Tags - 8:30pm, Sunday 25 Feb

3. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Well, what to say about Toe Tags. As Chris put it so nicely when he messaged me: "when did CSI enter the Twilight Zone"? That's what it felt like, with the bodies sitting up to tell each other their stories. I would have been amused by an all out brawl between the soilder and the guy who murdered him, but alas we were not given the satisfaction.

I liked how it was divided into chapters with each CSI getting their own story. Like many of my American counterparts I was disappointed by by the lack of Greg, and in particular the lies told to us by TPTB (the powers that be) that our boys were working together. If anything, I liked Greg rock climbing and his mention of being an Eagle Scout, though it does clash with what is to happen next episode.

I particularly liked the title of Chapter Four: "The Nevada Chainsaw Masacre". I had a good laugh over that one, and I liked how it ended up with one guy killing the other then dying when it came flying back at him because he was left handed using a right-hansws mans chainsaw. Nicely done. Ending overall was a tad pathetic though. I'm sure they could have done better, and I am assuming that the group of people were students from one of the unis.

In all, Brass had the best lines, Grissom/Sara working together is getting repetative already, and more Greg needed.

Next Episode

Fannysmackin' - 8:30pm, Sunday 4 March

4. melbel

melbel Pathologist

hey you have it at exactly the same time and day as us (NZ) the same ep too

5. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Really? Nice. I wish I could change the thread title, that way it could be the Australian/New Zealand discussion. So what did you think of Built to Kill and Toe Tags?

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Actually that is what a moderator can do, but if I were you I would include others as well, make it sort of like the UK thread. which blends alot of different area's and bring together the conversation.

Let me know and I will change the title, if it is expanded more it might invite more from those who aren't sure if it pertains to them.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay I have changed the name of the thread I hope it meets with everyone satisfaction I have also added in the links to the episode discussion threads, so that you can click on to find out what a certain ep is about. As stated when we put up new ep discussion threads, the link will be placed in here as it is done in the UK Thread.

If there is a problem with the name of the thread please pm me with further suggestions, I shortened it to make it easier.

8. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Thank you, Destiny. What it's called will do, but if we come up with anything else, we'll let you know.

Has anyone seen the latest advertisement for this week? They have it mixed in with the episode for Miami in Australia, but they make a point of showing Grissom and then only showing brief glimpses of Greg while calling him the "CSI rookie". I remember when they aired 'Gum Drops' they still showed Grissom and Catherine in the advert, with a couple of shots of Nick. They always put Grissom in.

Honestly, I wish they'd stolen the American advertisment, the "hero/victim" one. The American advertisements just have so much more impact that the slapped together 'because we have to' adverts here.

9. melbel

melbel Pathologist

we dont get miami anymore. well not on free to air channel. i get it every monday night on sky1.

OMG i'm going to cry in like 30 mins

10. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Oh my god. Poor Greggo! *cries* I thought I was prepared for Fannysmackin', but I definitely was not.

Now, to begin at the beginning. I liked how they built up to each of the attacks by following the victims; showing how they had the feeling of being watched/followed, and in the case of the girl, showing her seeing the attacker in the mirror. That was just creepy. And later, showing the group of hooded attackers marching through the back alleys to that song was a very strong image. Loved it.

I also liked how the team pick up early on that the murders are linked, and the positive element of Greg having won his case was even better. High fiving with a random guy in the lab was great and shows how everyone loves a court victory. And, of course, you cannot skip over the fact Greg looked so damn fine in that suit. :)

Then we get to the ouchie part. Greg driving, seeing those guys, and then... yeah. Ouchie. The suspense and tension built up in that scene was fantastic. My hat goes off to everyone involved - the writers, cameraman, director, editor, actors, and of course Eric, well done to you all. That scene was brilliantly put together for maximum impact and my god did it leave an impact. I'm still shaken. And then the follow up. The comparison of Demetrius' mother not being allowed through to her son while Sara was able to head straight for Greg despite not being there to process the scene was well planned and put together, and I was able to pick up on it. I actually felt for the mother.

Then we get into the "jaw clench of love"... I know, I know. Bias. Nick could have just been clenching his jaw because a fellow CSI was hurt, not because I think he's secretly sleeping with Greg, but hey. Nick's reaction was great, what can I say. And I still think it should have been a head shot. A low punch into K-Fed just isn't as rewarding. They should have let in the head punch!

As for the rest of the episode - well, it never drags. Each piece of evidence discovered and interesting, and I believe this episode is one of the best examples of putting the puzzle together. By that, finding out who was involved and piece by piece backtracking until they had Pig. And I just loved how they tricked them. Bet Pig and his piglets didn't feel so smart then. And Nick just knew who that guy was, and the hat being knocked off was definitely his way of saying 'if we were alone, I'd give you a taste of your own medicine'.

All in all, this was one powerful episode. I'm still reeling.

Next Episode

Double Cross - 8:30pm, Sunday 11 March

11. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

hi all.... I have to admit I didn't like toe tags that much :( I liked fannysmackin' tough, Greg got the sh** kicked out of him, and Sofia was in it (the only two reasons I watched) And the next day, everyone in my maths class (of all places :rolleyes: ) quoting what that chick said about "Nothin like a good fannysmackin'" in interrogation, then they got in trouble, because that epi name to the wrong person can sound very, very rude... so they all got litter duty :p

I get it on channel 9..... :) I sung the whole damn theme song when going under aired....Horatio called Cal "Sweetheart"! :lol: I know its off topic, but I had to say it and sory to the mods, you can delete this part of my post if needed :D

12. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I remember when I tried to post about Fannysmackin on the Network 9 message board they wouldn't allow my post because of the episode title. That name out of context does indeed get people into trouble. Hence, I usually just call it CSI season 7, episode 4. Or, "that episode where Greg got beaten and I cried".

13. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I watched Fannysmackin' - man, Greg was just sizzling in that suit :D

14. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Must agree with that. I've never seen Greg look so damn fine. And then they had to go and ruin his pretty face... :(

15. melbel

melbel Pathologist

i'm looking forward to double cross