Arrow

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by jafox, Oct 14, 2012.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Anyone else catch this show? TBH, I enjoyed this pilot more than most of what I've seen so far this season. This seems to be Smallville's 'replacement' in the superhero genre at CW.
    For us older folks, it's a reminder of the Batman series days, but mercifully updated and better. Check it out!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I've watched the show, I really really like it even I am not familiar with the comics. The only thing that bugs me is that IMHO, the main guy really, really, really reminds me of Chris O'Donnell at NCSI LA :lol: :lol:

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I finally watched it. Comcast put CW shows On Demand! I wasn't expecting much, but I really liked it. Did you notice that Oliver's 'bodyguard/driver' is the same actor that plays NYC's mayor on CBS's Blue Bloods? And his mother is part of the conspiracy/bad stuff that's going on!!! :devil: That one took me by surprise.

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm still watching and enjoying this show. Some good twists and turns. I'm curious how the mother thing will work out; I do like the actress playing her. And I like the flashbacks that tell us what he experienced on the island.
    One of the best new shows, IMHO. Some other ones I sampled I've already given up on, but this one I'm sticking with for now.

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

The mother is played by Susanna Thompson. You may remember her as Lt. Col. Hollis 'Holly' Mann on NCIS for a few episodes. She's also guest-starred on Without a Trace and The X-Files.

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

CW announced last week that Arrow will get full 22episode season. It's also been getting network's highest ratings than any other show during the past few years.

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

8. LME

LME Police Officer

Thanks for the link mulder42 Congrats to them!

This show has been my guilty pleasure this year so pleased it will be back for a second season. Glad that they made Felicity a cast regular for season 2 I like her.

Don't really like Laurel that much, but we shall see what happens next sesaon and have show has one or 2 that you like or dislime more than the others.

I am not familiar with the comics either Ducky, but I kind of like that because uit means I am not expecting things that may or may not happen.

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Arrow
    Season 4 Premieres Wednesday, October 7th, on The CW.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/arrow/

Series Overview
    The series follows Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), billionaire playboy of Starling City, who spends five years shipwrecked on a mysterious island. Upon his return to Starling City, he is reunited with his mother, Moira Queen (Susanna Thompson), his sister, Thea Queen (Willa Holland), and his friend, Tommy Merlyn (Colin Donnell). The first season focuses on Oliver rekindling his relationships and spending his nights hunting down and sometimes killing wealthy criminals as a hooded vigilante. He uncovers a conspiracy to destroy "The Glades", a poorer section of the city that has become overridden with crime. John Diggle (David Ramsey, Mayor Poole on CBS's Blue Bloods) and Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) assist Oliver in his crusade. Oliver also reconnects with ex-girlfriend, Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy), who is still angry over his role in her sister's presumed death. The first season also features flashbacks to Oliver's time on the island, and how it changed him; this continues in subsequent seasons.

In season two, Oliver has vowed to stop crime without killing criminals, and comes under attack from
    Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett), a man from Oliver's time on the island who resurfaces with a vendetta against him. Oliver must also contend with outside forces attempting to take over Queen Consolidated, guilt from decisions he made in the past, and secrets harbored by his family and friends. Oliver grows to accept aspiring vigilante Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) as his protégé, and begins to receive assistance from Laurel's father, Officer Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne). Oliver also gains another ally; a mysterious woman in black, who is eventually revealed to be Laurel's sister, Sara Lance (Caity Lotz), who had survived her ordeal at sea years prior.

In season three, Arrow has become a public hero in Starling City following Slade Wilson's defeat. Queen Consolidated is sold to wealthy businessman, scientist, and aspiring hero
    Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh). Oliver struggles to bring his family back together, an old enemy returns, and Oliver becomes embroiled in a conflict with Ra's al Ghul (Matthew Nable). After a rocky start, Laurel sets out to follow in Sara's footsteps as the Black Canary. John Diggle struggles with his new role as a family man, as Oliver no longer wants John in the field after the birth of his daughter, while Felicity Smoak begins a new career as Vice President of Palmer Technologies (formerly Queen Consolidated).

Arrow
    "GREEN ARROW"
    Wednesday, October 7th at 8pm ET/7pm CT on The CW

MY NAME IS THE GREEN ARROW — Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity's (Emily Bett Rickards) blissful getaway is cut short when Thea (Willa Holland) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) pay them a visit and tell Oliver they need his help back in Star (formerly Starling) City. The city has been attacked by "Ghosts," assassins led by a dangerous man named Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough). However, when Oliver returns, Diggle (David Ramsey) makes it very clear that he doesn’t want Oliver on the team. Thor Freudenthal directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Beth Schwartz and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Wendy Mericle (#401).

11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Arrow
    "THE CANDIDATE"
    Wednesday, October 14th at 8pm ET/7pm CT on The CW

JERI RYAN GUEST STARS; INTRODUCING ECHO KELLUM — When an old family friend, Jessica Danforth (guest star Jeri Ryan), tells Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Thea (Willa Holland) that she is going to run for mayor, both Queens are concerned considering the last three mayors have been murdered. Despite their protests, Jessica makes her announcement so the Green Arrow and Speedy vow to protect her. Meanwhile, Thea begins to exhibit effects from the Lazarus Pit. In addition, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is faced with a tough business decision and looks to one of her employees, Curtis Holt (guest star Echo Kellum), for help. John Behring directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Keto Shimizu (#402).

12. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Arrow
    "RESTORATION"
    Wednesday, October 21st at 8pm ET/7pm CT on The CW

LAUREL TAKES HER SISTER TO NANDA PARBAT — The growing tension between Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Diggle (David Ramsey) puts both their lives at risk when they go after Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and a H.I.V.E. deployed meta-human. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) talks Thea (Willa Holland) into returning to Nanda Parbat to ask her father (John Barrowman) to put Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) into the Lazarus Pit. However, Laurel is surprised when Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) refuses to do it. Wendey Stanzler directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Speed Weed (#403).

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Arrow
    "BEYOND REDEMPTION"
    Wednesday, October 28th at 8pm ET/7pm CT on The CW

LAUREL DEALS WITH THE AFTERMATH OF NANDA PARBAT — Laurel (Katie Cassidy) must deal with the repercussions of taking Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) to Nanda Parbat. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) asks Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne) for a favor and while he's not surprised at the response, he is surprised at what he finds out next. Lexi Alexander directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Ben Sokolowski (#405).

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Arrow
    "HAUNTED"
    Wednesday, November 4th at 8pm ET/7pm CT on The CW

MATT RYAN REPRISES HIS ROLE AS JOHN CONSTANTINE ON ARROW — When things take a turn for the worse with Sara (guest star Caity Lotz), Oliver (Stephen Amell) calls in a favor from an old friend who deals in the mystical, John Constantine (guest star Matt Ryan). John Badham directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama (#404).

FYI: Constantine aired on NBC, and was cancelled! Read the Wikipedia link for more info about how The CW pulled off this Crossover event!

http://www.nbc.com/constantine
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_(TV_series)

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Arrow
    "LOST SOULS"
    Wednesday, November 11th at 8pm ET/7pm CT on The CW

Felicity becomes frantic when she learns Ray (guest star Brandon Routh) is alive and being held by Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough). Felicity's guilt over not finding Ray sooner causes tension between her and Oliver. Meanwhile, Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) joins Laurel, Thea and the team on a rescue mission to free Ray. However, the effects of the Lazarus Pit take over and threaten to jeopardize the entire operation. (#406)