Archie Kao Hopes His Role On 'CSI' Continues To Grow

CSI Files

Captain
<font color=yellow>Archie Kao</font> (Archie Johnson) hopes to follow in his colleague <font color=yellow>Eric Szmanda</font>'s footsteps and one day be on the main credits of CSI.

"I'm in most of the episodes this season - that's twice more than the last," the actor told the Electric New Paper in Singapore. "It's really exciting to see the show grow. The cast is great. We've all become friends."

Prior to CSI, fans may have seen Kao in the long run kids series Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, in which he appeared for two years as the Blue Galaxy Ranger. Kao joked that no matter what role he gets, he always finds himself fighting for the good guys. "I always tell my friends I was fighting crime for kids. Now, on CSI, I'm fighting crime for adults."

"I love the fact that I did that show," he continued. "At that time, there wasn't much opportunity for Asian actors. And this was the only job available, so I'm grateful for it."

Being on CSI has certainly opened some doors for the actor, not only professionally but personally as well. It was through the show that he realized he had a sister he'd never known about. "She's a half-sister from my biological father's subsequent marriage. She called me up after seeing me on TV and got me in touch with the rest of the family," he explained. "It was an interesting reunion. Now, I have seven new sisters. It's a big family."

Visit the Electric New Paper to read the original article.<center></center>

I definitely share this hope - Archie is a terrific actor, and is one of those who elevates any project he acts in. And his character is one that would be fun to see expanded upon! Here's hoping he and Eric both light up the CSI screen for a long time to come...

Oh, and I'd love, love, LOVE to see him do comedy. From seeing his work on Power Rangers (granted, that style of acting is "scaled down" emotionally for a very young audience to understand), he can pull off, comedy, drama, angst, introspection, you name it. His one-off (okay, two-off :D ) on ER was sheer genius. Luuuuuurved him in "Purpose" and "Local Boys", and I absolutely cannot wait for "Fast Money", where he'll really get to stretch those acting wings and show a different side.

Yes, I am a blithering fan girl and damn proud of it. He's got a lot of fans, and is deservedly getting more every week.

Archie and Archie! (ironic that his character name is based on his real name) He never gets enough appraise. He is one of the funny lab techs that you just love to watch, and I feel that I somewhat compare to him, being a computer geek myself. Good luck Archie and I hope you get into the main credits soon!

Cheers!
(a fan) :D

I think it's great that Archie acknowledges his Ranger days. :) And I've spotted several other former Rangers on CSI (Walter Jones in "Revenge is Best Served Cold," Cerena Vincent in "4x4" for example). Yes, I'm a Ranger Geek. :)

Zeo

"There are no small parts, only small actors". Archie is such a humble and wonderful actor. Small role or big, it doesn't matter as his appearance is always noticed. :)

But I hope along with him and others that his role will grow. Here's to Archie! :D

lol I loved Archie on Power Ranges!! :D :lol: he rocked!

It would be cool to see more of him later on. (in like a couple of seasons when more actors leave)

I would love for him to get a bigger role, but I sadly agree that the major cast right now is much too big. Plus to have another lab tech turn CSI is rather hard to make interesting after it's already been done.

What's funny is that I actually had a chance run-in with him in, of all places, Vegas. We were there for a college reunion, and somebody in the group asked him the question of maybe being in the main cast. He just laughed and said "well of course that wouldn't hurt my feelings, but who knows what the future holds." He talked about how much he loved his job, and what a thrill it still was for him to go to work. He was just a really humble, appreciative guy, and we got a kick out of meeting him!

Pikazoom said:
I would love for him to get a bigger role, but I sadly agree that the major cast right now is much too big. Plus to have another lab tech turn CSI is rather hard to make interesting after it's already been done.
I definetly agree with you on this Pikazoom
It would be awesome to see more of Archie, but him in the main credits is a different story.

Back