Anyone show dogs?

I have a st bernard, I would have loved to have shown him, but he has so many things wrong with him it's incredible. He has hock problems, and had to have an op to fix that. They turned his knee upside down! :eek: So he had to be shaved for that.
All the time he has parts of him shaved. He's really clumsy, he goes for a walk, and scratches himself on a thorn or something, it gets infected, because we can't see that it happened before due to his incredibly long thick coat, so we have to shave it off annnd these sorts of things happen all the time. Other than his patchyness, lol, he's a good breed standard, he stands at about 33" which is a couple of inches above the usual, but in proportion. :)
I would love to show dogs though, maybe when I'm older. :rolleyes:

aww poor guy. My American Cocker Spaniel/Beagle mix has health problems galore as well too. She has severe allergies and consequently has chronic ear infections, always licks her paws, her one back paw is swollen to about two times the size of her other paw and her rear end constantly bothers her and is also swollen. She has patella problems. They pop n and out. You can feel her knees pop when I stack her for the show ring just for fun. I don't do that anymore.

Aww :)

I plan on rescuing dogs for quite a while. We still have a Shepard mix we saved a couple years ago, and I love her so much. I would never be able to rescue cats though. Besides my cat (who is perfect) I pretty much hate all cats :p ok, maybe not hate, I can't just HATE an animal, I just... don't like them so much...

Yeah we have cats but I'm not a fan of them. Most we ended with because we bottle-fed them and my mom couldn't part with them. Cats are too independent and besides according to that one episode they eat you when you die and they run out of food. lol! I like them, and one of my farm cats is expecting kittens so I'm excited about that, but I would choose dogs over cats anyday.

I have been a handler to my rottweiler Sigge four times. And the result has been quite good. He was 'Best in Breed' once. But if you want to compete with the best you must have a professional handler. We have used one the last two times and once Sigge was BIS2 (Best in Show 2nd place). I was so proud of Sigge then!

Back