Announcing the closure of social groups

AntonyF

Administrator
Administrator
Some of you may say "what social groups?" which is part of the problem.

After the test of social groups, taking in your feedback, talking to mods and -- most importantly -- monitoring their usage, I have decided to close the social groups feature.

I thank all of you that have used it, and given it a go. But they are not getting much use, and on the whole what they do can be achieved in the main forums. And there is always a risk that social groups will be a distraction, and potentially take forum traffic away.

But I will speak with Bonzy and the mods about potentially introducing some new forums to cover specific topics -- and the social groups have allowed some insight into what you want.

As a small consolation, I will be introducing some further customisation options for your bio/info pages and the social networking (i.e. connecting with friends) will remain.

When the groups will close
I will close the groups down on Wednesday 13 August -- just to give you a few days to copy any messages that you want to keep. The social groups will then be closed and removed -- any content will not be retrievable.

If you have any comments please post them here.

Back