Announcing a new feature: albums!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by AntonyF, Aug 18, 2009.

1. AntonyF

AntonyF Administrator Administrator

We're pleased to announce a new feature: photo albums!

What the photo albums are for:

• Your pictures of you, in your life, having fun, family etc.
    • Pictures from conventions, or other CSI get-togethers.
    • Your own artwork, or drawings, or CSI-inspired images.
    What it's not for:

• Screen captures (i.e. don't create libraries of episode images).
    • Official publicity shots.
    This feature is available to registered members of level 3+ (at least 90 days membership and 500 posts). However anyone who is registered can view the albums.

A few questions and answers:

Is it private?
    You can select whether to restrict the album just to your contacts, or make it public. However at the moment you still have to be registered to see the albums -- so "public" basically means anyone with an account. However we do not claim this is a secure system, so do not upload anything that consider to be very private.

What about copyright?
    Your images remain yours. However we may use the albums at Talk CSI and CSI Files.

How much space do I get?
    We can restict the maximum resolution, the maximum size per file, the total photos and the total space allowed. At the moment it's 1000x1000 pixels, 200Kb, 100 and 5MB respectively. These are all adjustable depending on feedback.

What's allowed?
    In addition to the requirements at the top of the page, please use common sense. Nothing adult here, this is a PG-13 audience. Plus nothing deflamatory, law-breaking etc. The pictures will be moderated as required, just like other messageboard content. If the albums are abused, we can remove the facility for individual users.

How do I upload?
    Just go to your User CP and click Pictures & Albums.

How do I see albums?
    If you wish to see images, go to the albums on specific users' pages, or click Community > Pictures & Albums in the navigation at the top.

Enjoy! Please direct any feedback to this thread in QSF.