Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Maya what a great review about The Handler. i may have to burn some Christmas money on the dvd now haha.

i love seeing actors/actresses in different roles than the ones i'm used to seeing them in. i've only really seen Anna in Alchemy and the first ep of Medical Investigations and she was really good (i crack up seeing Anna in Alchemy she's adorable). i'd love to see her in The Handler Lily sounds amazing.

ok probably been asked here quite a few times but i am in no mood to look: is every episode of Medical Investigations online in full or just Anna's parts? i know the pilot is available as a whole on youtube but are the rest?

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ Hey, thanks! :) I'm hoping to do one for the second half of the series, after I've finished watching those episodes -- I'm partway through Ep. 1x10, and while the annoying stereotypes are still in full play, the Lily/Darnell (Anna/Hill) scenes are made of win and fun to watch, so it makes up for that. Fun factor number 2: the actors who play Detective Jake Berkelely (in CSI: Miami Season 5-7) and Ray Caine's mistress (from Miami season 1) also show up in that episode. But Anna is very cool in The Handler. It makes me curious to see what she's like in a more upbeat role, which is why I wanna see Alchemy next: when you add Lily to the roles of Eva and the characters she guest-played in L&O and WaT (and certainly Lindsay, to some extent), it occurs to me that I've never seen Anna play a completely "light" character, one who's not somewhat dark or issue-ridden.

Yeah, all the full episodes are up on Youtube, last I checked: you just have to type "Neal McDonough Medical Investigation" into the search box, and the episodes will show up, each in about five to six parts. :)

3. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010
  4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Those pictures are very, very nice. It does make me wonder why they can't make her look like anything other than a plain jane, soccer mom on CSI: NY though. She doesn't have to be uber glamourous because that's not the character, but usually their wardrobe, hair and make-up choices don't do Anna any favors - she's a very pretty woman and why they fail to take advantage of that boggles my mind. :wtf:

5. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

She's a very pretty woman in everything but CSI NY. I don't know why they have the fuddie-duddie thing going on with her wardrobe and hair either. I've been screaming for a while for them to change her...ever since I saw her in Medical Investigation and saw how she COULD look all dressed up in a dress and heels.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'd sell my mother's soul to the devil for legs like hers. :shifty:

7. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

She looks very sexy in those pictures. I was totally in awe when I saw them for the first time. Thanks for posting the HQ ones. She has an amazing body. The dress suits her very well and I agree, she has beautiful legs. I also wish they would show this sexy side of her more often on the show. I'm really happy they chose Anna for the photoshooting and the styling is great for her. I wish they would let her wear a dress again, like in Risk.

8. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Cute! I saw that last night, but I wasn't sure where it was from.

I agree about the heels and skirt: we need to get her Medical Investigation stylists onto this set :lol: I'd probably break my leg in stilettos that tall, but she wears them well.

9. ilovemycsi

ilovemycsi Dead on Arrival

Where is she? This season she hasn't been on the show much. Why?

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ I think because of budget cuts, they're saving money by making some characters not appear in every episode. :) It's been Adam, Sid, and Lindsay, all the ones who haven't been in every episode since the very beginning. It kind of sucks, 'cause I still miss them when they're not there -- and her especially! But hey, at least they seem to be rotating which one of them appear (like one episode'll have Lindsay and Adam with Sid missing, another Sid and Adam with Lindsay missing, another with Lindsay and Sid and Adam missing, and so on.)

11. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

oh wow so pretty!
    It really does bug me that we don't see this side of lindsay i mean stella has been shown in a few nice dresses and done up :)

she really is very beautiful the show should play to that! not cover her up

12. ilovemycsi

ilovemycsi Dead on Arrival

When were these pictures taken? She looks amazing!!! Why they have to dress her less that what she really is? She became a mother and all of a sudden she has to become a "mom". I'm a mom and I like to dress my best, why can't she?????

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

^^^I have no idea for sure, but I read somewhere that they are quite new and that they would be in the new issue of the Emmy magazine. I agree, she looks amazing. I was totally surprised when I saw the pictures and when I saw the large versions...wow. She is one hot Momma! I agree, they should show this side more in the show. Of course I don't expect her to run around in dresses and high heals there (man, those are shoes...you could never make me walk in them either :lol: ). But she had some nice clothes already and they could make variations with shirts and pants. She wore some nice shirts already this season and I think they should keep that going. Anna is a beautiful woman.

Something else- Maya, any news on The Handler? ;)

I have to say it's really getting on my nerves that she is missing in some of the episodes this season (same with Sid and Adam). But I have to say though that when she is in, she has some really great scenes.

14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

all three ladies look amazing!!! Anna.... holy crow!! shows what a dress and some hot heels can make a woman look awesome.

Liz Vassey and Eva LaRue always look hot in eps but it seems the NY people like to make Anna look not the best. maybe this pic will change their minds on how to dress Lindsay..... she may be married with a kid but that doesn't mean she has to dress like a frump.

does anyone have the full article to read?

i found these somewhere else and i sent them to my guy friend who loves all three ladies and i think i heard him fall off his chair from my house haha.

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Hey! Yeah, I've been reviewing a little ever since I finished the whole thing a while back :p And here's the sum total. *facepalms*

I still don’t think this series is as good as Medical Investigation, and for the most part, it lacks that enjoyable “whodunit” suspense. There are some dull episodes, some exciting ones, and then the ones I can’t help but watch again and again, because I love them. I still don’t enjoy it as much as some other shows because I really need to have that “whodunit” suspense :p But the actors do a great job, and what’s sad is that a team element – the main thing I found lacking about this show – looked as though it were starting to build when the show ended. The characters only just seemed to be forming closer bonds with each other (the Darnell and Joe relationship was becoming more father/son-ish, Marcy and Lily were getting eerily tight – as in, to the point where they were talking of sexual exploits – and I’m half-certain the show’s creators were planning to go somewhere with Heather/Joe). So, it’s not great but it grew on me a lot, I think.

Another thing I really enjoyed was seeing how AB handled the part; what’s weird is it seems like she brought an ironic element to Lily’s character that possibly wasn’t supposed to be there from the first, but that they ended up using anyway later on. I don’t know that I’d want to see a second season of this show, like I would with MI – but it might’ve been nice because it seemed like they were just starting to take Lily’s character in an interesting direction (Darnell’s too, but the other three characters – Heather, Marcy, and even Joe – were fairly static). It seemed liked Lily was getting pretty tired of some of the assignments she was getting. She was all gung-ho about her job in the beginning, and then it was as though she was getting disillusioned with it later on, when she kept being sent undercover in ‘guy-bait’ roles. In the mobster –wedding episode, Joe was pressing her about how important her part was, and she answered him with something like “yes, I know I’m a very important piece of ass-et”. Joe laughed, but I’m still not sure Lily was actually joking – there were some FBI agents under Joe who were specifically paid to sleep with whoever the target(s) was, but there was this whole tiff between Joe and Lily in one episode (not the mobster-wedding one, but an earlier one where she was undercover as an Irish nanny) where she kept insisting that that wasn’t what she’d signed up for.

I don’t know, I found it to be a neat potential storyline, and I wish I could’ve seen where it would’ve gone. Unfortunately, the entire show ended rather abruptly. The ending of Episode 16, the final one, barely seems as though it should’ve been allowed to end where it did, let alone serve as the ending to the series. It literally ended with their suspect jumping off a balcony to his death while Joe looks on in horror. *shrugs* Weird.

Episode 12 was easily my favourite of the series. Anna and Hill really knocked it out of the park in this one, I was on edge during every one of their scenes. Lily and Darnell were undercover among this group of small-time thugs who were stealing cars; things get out of hand when one of them ends up shooting/murdering Lily’s undercover boyfriend (he was also a member of the group, but was getting ready to turn his friends in; I felt so bad for him because he was so genuinely afraid of getting killed, too :(). The leader freaks and basically forces the entire gang by gunpoint, Darnell and Lily included, to skip town. Neither Darnell or Lily can contact the team in the meantime, so it’s assumed that they’d been kidnapped; Joe and Marcy spend the entire episode looking for them. It was an intense one. I felt even worse for Lily than I did for the undercover guy, because it seemed like the guy really was her boyfriend (actually, I’m still trying to figure out if he was for real, or if they were putting on a show for the rest of the gang. The latter is possible, but their scene at the beginning had more feeling in it than I’ve ever perceived in any of Lindsay and Danny’s scenes, and there weren’t any witnesses. And I can’t believe all that hysteria after he died was just for show.).

What was also sweet was how Darnell was all concerned about getting Lily away from the gang first – because she was the rookie – before dealing with the leader on his own.

- the other fun fact about this ep is it guest-starred Emmanuelle Vaugier. Not as a part of the Lily-Darnell case – she was playing a character who was set to testify against her boyfriend the next day; Heather was babysitting her during the night because she was petrified her boyfriend was going to show up at her place. I liked EV a lot in this, and her character was pretty great, too. It made me wish yet again that she’d been set up to play a character other than Angell on NY, because in another role I might’ve actually liked her there, too.

There were other fun episodes; Episode 15 , “The Wedding Party” was another great one, kept making me laugh though, because Lily’s mobster “fiancée” was the guy from CSI:NY’s S1 finale (the diner-waitress’s boyfriend?). And Episode 13 was also a good one, but that’s because I loved the whole political-thriller element.

LOL-ing at how Vassey mentions the three of them having fun spending the day getting dressed up in heels and big hair :lol: It does look like it was fun! And it's making me wish for another three-way CSI crossover. Only one where Langston, Horatio and Mac are on vacation somewhere, and the supporting characters actually get to interact with each other. *dreams*

I'm also wondering about the rest of the interview (it kind of cuts off in the middle).

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010