Amanda Knox Found Guilty

Thank's winterhunter I've followed this case since the onset, and was never quite sure of what happened. The facts as I heard and saw them, were very dubious, vague and murky. 26 friggin' years, OMG:wtf:guess they were sure she was guilty. She must be devastated and her parents as well:(

it's a strange case overall. i knew someone who knew the victim, and she was from a town very close to me. it's just a very weird case, lots of contradictory evidence, the police in question were meant to be unreliable, there were dubious interrogations etc. they're going to appeal, whether or not it'll go through is debatable though.

Being Italian, I can tell you the whole case was weird as as all the investigations on it. As with any other cases, evidence never seemed to be enough to prove someone's guilt and I still don't know how it is possible.

As for Amanda Knox, I'm not gonna say anything about the verdict, but I would say that there was just a big problem. She actually didn't have any real interpreter and there has never been an adequate kind of communication between her and the other people. That's what defense has been claiming for a long time and I do think this is part of the big problem, part of the reason why nobody seems to really understand her behaviour. How can you understand a person if you keep making her talk in Italian which is not her mother-tounge language? :rolleyes:

^ that's what i heard too, that she was interrogated without an interpreter - it's hard enough to get a decent statement under interrogation in mother tongue, without adding the language barrier. they should've allowed for that i think.

one of my friends just found out a guy she's been talking to for work for months (by phone as he's in a different office) is meredith kercher's brother. weird... she really doesn't know what to say, or whether she should say anything at all :S

^ that's what i heard too, that she was interrogated without an interpreter - it's hard enough to get a decent statement under interrogation in mother tongue, without adding the language barrier. they should've allowed for that i think.
Unfortunately, this is one of the biggest problem of our country. There really isn't the figure of the legal interpreter. They're developing this kind of job in the last years, but not enough has been done yet. Just because, lately, many many people tend to come to Italy for whatever reason, they decided that maybe interpreters are useful and are slowly training as many interpreters as possible. Again, it will take lots of years, but, at least this is a beginning ;)

Back