Alternative Ships When One is Lost at Sea?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Sushie_Shuakhwe, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sushie_Shuakhwe

Sushie_Shuakhwe Hit and Run

I'm just going to list my ships, te he:
    Grissom/Sara
    Catherine/Warrick
    Lindsay/Danny
    Mac/Stella
    Horatio/Yelena

Now, some plotlines have lead me to look for alternative shippings, for at least, part of my time. You know, Warrick married Tina, Yelena moved away, Mac's dating that Driscoll lass, so, really, I got to thinking. I'm also going to stand by my belief that anything can be fixed by fanfiction, which, it can.

Warrick and Catherine could be solved easily. Warrick married Tina in a hurry, there were problems, so, there's bound to be more ahead. Or so the fanfiction would go. On the show, though, I wondered, who else could Catherine go with? For me, my back up shipping, so to speak, is Catherine/Ecklie, something which, has been dubbed, by the small group of Ecklie fans, namely me, CatScratch. Not that it is really going anywhere, with Ecklie only appearing in one scene of season seven. Besides, I'd much rather Yowling any day.

Horatio and Yelena, well, I've had a back up ship for a while, of Horatio and Calleigh. I still prefer H/Y, just because, I do, but there is something nice about H/C. I just haven't found myself warming to it over the past while. Not that I ever did to begin with, but, I tried to love it, when Yelena left, and, I'm still trying.

Mac and Driscoll, that's a different story. Being an Australian, we're about half a year, to three quarters of a year, behind our American counterparts. To put it in perspective, we're getting the season finale of series two, tonight. I haven't had a chance to see Driscoll yet, properly, on TV, at least. Still, from my reaction to that DNA lass, Jane, I don't know how I'm going to go. She was flirting with Mac, I was equating her to Tarzan's wife and frowning. So Driscoll, I've been following this and going oh dear, because, I've been a GSR shipper since I started watching the original CSI, and I was a Mac and Stella shipper from the word go on New York. Now, Mac and Driscoll, well, that's just a big wedge in it, so, I've been thinking about a back up ship for my original one. The only one I've been able to come up with so far is Stella and Hammerback. Now, supposedly he's married, but, anything can be fixed with fanfiction, really it can. I'm also, quite behind, so, I'm not meant to know this yet, and, since I haven't seen it, neither do I understand it very well.

So, at the end of all this talking, I wanted to ask a few questions of my fellow shippers.

CatScratch? Would anybody, especially a YoBling supporter, think of it?

I know there were some Horatio and Yelena shippers back in the day. If there are any left, would you turn to Horatio/Calleigh? Also, any H/C shippers, help, please. I'm trying, trying, to warm to H/C, but it's not really working. Advice?

And, are there any Mac/Stella shippers, who've been forced to change ships? Would you support Stella/Hammerback, despite the visible consequences?

2. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Um.. I really dunno if the mods are gonna want to keep this thread open or not..

ETA: Got that part... Anyways, I don't see Ecklie with Catherine, really so I'm no help there.

and I too, Ship Smacked. But I haven't jumped ship. I believe in the ship. Even though mac is with Peyton who I do like. I'm not jumping smacked. and Hammerback is married so I doubt you on that one, but I wouldn't be against it if it happened.

Alot of smacked's haven't jumped ship. You can hear us bitchin' in our thread almost all the time.

I am a DuCaine and H/Yelina shipper But I'm also a CaRWash shipper too. so I'm not really sure what to say to you on that one but there is a lot of H/Y shippers Luc & MD can probably do something there.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

If you can write fanfic around Hammerback being married, you can do the same with canon relationships for the main characters. ;) Plus, there's always past!fic, future!fic, alternate universe, etc. :D So there's no reason to give up on any of your ships. ;) Of course, there's nothing wrong with finding multiple ships for the same characters, either. :D

4. CathStokes

You live for fanfics don't ya?

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I really don't think what actually happens on the show has a lot to do with who people ship. I have shipped Catherine and Grissom for almost 7 years and never changed my mind although it's clear that Grissom is with Sara now. I also ship Catherine and Warrick even though Warrick is now married and TPTB haven't mentioned how his marriage has been going for a while. I can live with the canon stuff happening on the show but still have fun shipping my favorite couples that aren't canon. Would you stop shipping GSR if one of them was with someone else on the show? I don't think so. :)

That being said, I do have a secret alternative ship... Catherine/Adam Novak. :D

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I agree with Erica on this
    I think what does or does not happen on the show shouldn't stop people from liking their ship or keeping it up
    fics can solve the 'what if' situation
    for example if ... Warrick's marriage broke up ... would he run to Catherine.. would Catherine run to Adam Novak?
    etc... I think you get it :D

and I ship Catherine with LOTS of people ;)
    and two of them are no longer on the show :eek:

and Grissom too, I ship him with Lady Heather who also is no longer on the show

So I think if you just have fun with your ships and use your imagination, your ships can work for you any way you want them to

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is or where it's going, but I will leave it open for now and let the other mods take a look at it.

But I will say this, shipping doesn't have to go hand in hand with the show. You can ship any of the characters together. That's what makes it so fun.

There is a Horatio/Yelina thread that is up and running and has plenty of supports even though she is not on the show right now. The Mac/Stella thread also has plenty of supporters. There is also a Stella/Hammerback thread.

8. CathStokes

Ew. No comment.

xxx

Fics are love, they always solve the what ifs, even for ships that *are* canon.

xxx

Us Smackers aren't jumping ship anytime soon. ;)

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i have to admit i stopped actively shipping GLH after GSR became canon. i was always a bit GSR but when i saw LHB (in the beginning of 2006 i think) i totally fell in love with that ship. after WTG, i wasn't VERY happy about the whole thing but i learned how to accept canon, and come back to my GSR roots. so now, i'm actively shipping GSR and i love this ship more than ever. so yeah, what happens on the show definitely has an impact on my shipping preferences. i'm sure that if in POTTR there was more into the ending scene than a hug, and GSR wasn't canon, i'd be still GLH.

also y'all gotta remember that i discovered my love for CSI in the end of 2005, so i still looked for my favorite ship at that time and i was pretty flexible in that matter.

but i cannot say anything about ships on other shows cuz i don't watch them.

10. Bev

Bev Pathologist

I think multiple ships are a healthy thing. It allows your imagination to run wild.

I ship Cath/Grissom, Cath/Novak, Gil/LH, Brass/Sofia; because of that there are tons of fics to read and write for.

True, not everyone agrees with the people I ship, but its what floats my boat. As are the ones they ship; its what floats their boat. We should all respect everyone ships.

11. CathStokes

Yeah but alot of ppl don't do that .. now do they?

i'm not one to talk on multishipping.. I ship Mac out with everyone and everything.

12. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I haven't jump my favorite ship. I'm still Snickers and Grillows, and I'm starting to like GSR and my first time writing GSR story. I still write Snickers and I will probably try write Grillows.

The ship hasn't got nothing to do with tv. You can ship with about anybody.

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I'm sorry, but EW sounds like a comment, and not a very friendly one. You wouldn't be happy if someone said EW to your ship, would you?

Back to topic, I think I'd probably go for Catherine/Keppler if they hadn't killed him off. Although there wasn't a real romantic relationship between these two characters, I think I at least saw a possible start. Too bad he had to die. :(

14. CathStokes

like you haven't said ew to my ship before..

and I actually ain't commenting on Keppler..

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one :) he is one of the people I ship Catherine with and he died...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.