Adam Rodriguez Reacts To 'CSI'-'Miami' Animosity

YEah, i don't know how they work around that animosity. I know that. there is some kind of a friendship between Jorja and EMily. ANd also William Petersen has a friend in NY cast. Don't remember the name, cause i haven't seen the show..yet.

I think if CSI:Miami were the first CSI show and the rest came after, the Miami cast would be pretty angry about a spinoff too, but it's not like it's a big deal anyway. CSI is still the number one show in the US, and they have more than enough ratings to stay on television. Why complain? They have the best job in the world. I think Adam was right in a sense.

also William Petersen has a friend in NY cast. Don't remember the name, cause i haven't seen the show..yet.

it's Gary Sinise I think. (Mac Taylor) he's the main guy of NY.

anyway you guys do make really good points and the whole LV whining fest needs to stop.

Vanessa Ferlito:

"I am not interested in the cattiness," the actress said. "Are they number one? So why are they so negative about it [New York]? I heard all the bullshit. You know what I feel? I feel like, dude, relax. Do you go home to your healthy family every night? Do you have clothes on your back? How dare you complain. If you don't like TV, that's one thing and you want to go and do movies, then you should do that. You should follow your heart and your passion. But to say that this is [diluting the franchise], they are still number one. They are whining. Worry about your own show."

She's very colorful.

But the spin-offs ride the waves created by the orignal, like someone put it. ANd they have come long way to be the #1 show.

ANd Petersen is one of the executives, so it's pretty normal that he's pissed off about the idea. I think the others just support him on that. Like it looks to me like Marg doesn't like the spin-off cause some of the crew members that used to work for the original, now work for the spin-offs. Petersen already said that he's done fighting against the spin-offs as he's not heard. And they (the cast members) haven't "whined" about the spin-offs lately.

Whatever they do, i support as long as they don't get personal and bash the other show's cast.THIS IS WHAT THE CAST OF SPIN-OFFS DO. THEY BASH THE CAST OF THE ORIGINAL FOR SPEAKING THEIR MINDS.

I don't like the spin'offs either. I just wish that their opinions would matter to TPTB and that they would stop the making of spin-offs.

But the spin-offs ride the waves created by the orignal

And even though there are two spin offs, both successful in their own rights, the original continues to be number one every single week. How about that? I honestly don't see what the big problem is here. No matter what anyone else likes to think, there's room for everybody because lets face it, we all watch different combinations of the three or just one of the three. There's something for everybody and I don't see why one show feels like they need to preside over the whole damn franchise, especially when the numbers PROVE that the original has remained the fan favorite.

Hm. Couldn't imagine having a 'friend' who wasn't happy for me that I was succeeding, even if my job did "copy" theirs to an extent. Then, have them turn around and talk shit about the show I'm on every chance they get to make it publically known...yeah, I'd be keeping them around for a long time.

Amen, sister. I have said that for a long time. I certainly wouldn't consider you my friend, if you were constantly bitching about my show. That isn't anywhere close to the definition of being a friend.

That whole whining, bitching, crying about the spin-offs works my last nerve. Peterson needs to get over himself, and so do the rest of them. You have the number one show on TV, for christ sake. Just do your job, and shut up already.

well, all i can say is: thank god there aren't many people who think that way. And most viewers/fans just don't care. No offence.

Hm. Couldn't imagine having a 'friend' who wasn't happy for me that I was succeeding, even if my job did "copy" theirs to an extent. Then, have them turn around and talk shit about the show I'm on every chance they get to make it publically known...yeah, I'd be keeping them around for a long time.

Well, you can't really criticize the members of the cast of the original for what kind of friends they are to the cast members of the spin-offs. Firstly you just DON*T KNOW what kind of a friendship they have (i'm sure they have it straighten out) and secondly it's NONE of YOUR business. NO offense. You don't have to think the same way to be friends.

Well, you can't really criticize the members of the cast of the original for what kind of friends they are to the cast members of the spin-offs. Firstly you just DON*T KNOW what kind of a friendship they have (i'm sure they have it straighten out) and secondly it's NONE of YOUR business. NO offense. You don't have to think the same way to be friends.

When these types of things are made public, it becomes my business. If it's out there for all the world to see, I'm allowed to have an opinion on it, whether or not you think it's right. And I'll thank you for saying that there's no offense towards me, but since you kept saying it, I know you really mean there to be.

I never said that in order for people to be friends, they had to think the same way and agree on everything. What I said was that it's pretty shitty that one friend can't be supportive of another's projects, even if they are 'copying', or working on something similar to you. I'm SO tired of the drama between the 'spin-offs' and the original. It's so unnecessary and childish.

well, all i can say is: thank god there aren't many people who think that way. And most viewers/fans just don't care. No offence.

I hate to break it to you, but I think there are a lot of people who feel that way. And some of us do care. Some of us think it is ridiculous and childish. There are a world of actors out there who would kill to be on a hit show. And these actors just make me sick whining about spin-offs. They should be thankful to have jobs at all.

I have to say, anytime a successful actor or actress is ungracious it really rubs me the wrong way. Yes, I know they work hard, but they have so much. Same with atheletes--these people are valued so highly in our society and it really goes to their heads and egos.

Imagine getting cast on a spin-off show and being all excited and then hearing the cast of the original show is already insulting your show? They have a right to feel the way they do, sure, but to crow about it left and right in public is ungracious. Like others have said, the original is number 1. The actors on the original show didn't take paycuts when the spin-offs came along.

I don't blame the actors on the spin-offs for getting defensive, though I agree with midnight that Caruso--someone who learned the hard way about ego and has really emerged from the experience with a lot of grace--is handling it best by taking the higher road.

I also think another reason why they were so mad in the beginning of a spin-off is because they were barely into their second season when CSI:Miami came along. They barely had enough time to get the ratings they have now. I think they were just kind of scared that their show was going to sink because of a new one just after the original was created. But now, they really don't have anything to complain about. They're still on top, and the other two shows are still doing immensly well.

And yes, there are people who still think how they are reacting is childish and ridiculous. I still think it was childish and CSI is my favorite show. I have no problem with spin-offs, I say the more the merrier. It gives a chance for a little change in atmosphere and an opportunity to see new things and different things that the original show didn't provide. I'm not saying they aren't providing new and exciting cases every week, but only having the one show could lose the interest of some of the viewers who want to see their beloved show branch off. Spin-offs aren't a problem if the fanbase is happy-which they are-and the actors are still treated well by the producers and the executives-which they are.

The CSI cast had every right to be a little angry with a new spin-off, but now I think they're okay with it in a sense. It's been 4 years since the first spin-off, and two years since the second one. CSI is still on top, and growing more and more fans each year.

Back