A Letter of Longing --Oneshot (CATNIP)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Waiting, Jul 23, 2007.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

They better get back together! more more!

2. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Can I hug her? I feel so bad for Catherine. I mean what a terrible thing to be feeling? You better write another and another and another until they resolve these issues and Catherine can smile again! You better or else I'm going to... to... stomp my feet!

Now that I feel like everything in the world is bleak and that the sun can't rise again until Cathrine smiles again. That was so good, and so sad.

3. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

dude they need to make up if ya know what i mean :devil:

update soon please!!

4. CSI_Trainee

CSI_Trainee CSI Level One

There is only one word that describes that.... AWSOME, its so emotionally correct, and just so sad that they have broken up yet catherine didn't know they had. The fact that the gurl visited nick at the lab and brought him breakfast ... i could feel that pain. My ex broke his hand when he was living with me again (because his best friend said he could without consulting my mom and i and this was after he cheated on me and broke up with me) and his little gurlfriend had the gull to ask me if she could come to my house and see him. The emotional hurt of somethng like that is just so horrific and you captured it so perfectly. Keep up the great work and I agree update until this is resolved lol.

5. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

*this was supposed to be a one shot, but just like all my fab reviewers...I couldn't stop it. It could possibly stop here...what do you all think?*

The Angry Talk…

The air was stifling as she got out of her vehicle and walked with a lack of energy to the entrance of the lab. It had been a little over two weeks since she read Nick’s letter, and the feelings of hurt and devastation still had the same powerful affect on her. She was wrapped in a thick blanket of depression that seemed to weigh heavily on her heart and mind. Sleep was near to impossible, and the mention of food or anything with substance was far from a pleasant thought. The clothes that were once form fitting now hung loosely on her lean body.

She sighed as she entered the locker room as she slowly shrugged out of her black jacket, and found herself wishing she had requested another two weeks off because it felt too soon to be back as her emotions slowly started to bubble to the surface. How she managed two weeks of vacation from Ecklie was a blessing of its own, but now she felt overly tender because she had not seen anyone in what felt like weeks. She figured she got away with it simply because this year had been hard on her. A near date rape scare, her daughter’s kidnapping, and having her father die within her embrace was enough to put anyone on leave. Her broken engagement however was a secret to the lab, and she hoped to keep it that way.

“We need to talk.”

She swung her head quickly around as she clutched her chest in fright. She thought she was alone, and hearing his voice startled her. “NO…no, I have nothing to say to you,” she whispered to Nick as her eyes turned cold. Anger wasn’t the most intense feeling she felt towards him, but it was the easiest to display at this particular time.

She shifted her weight from her left foot to her right one as he stared intently at her. Her arms slowly crossed over her chest as she suddenly felt uncomfortable with him sizing her up. She knew she looked terrible. She looked ill if not tired. “Stop it,” she finally muttered as his eyes continued to grace her features.

“Stop what?” His voice asked soothingly as his hand held back from brushing the strand of hair from her face.

“This…,” she shifted once again as her arms pulled outward for a moment as her chin quivered. “Just don’t…I’m fine,” she sneered as she held back her emotions that wanted to explode.

“No…you aren’t, and damn it Cat can’t we talk about this. You ignored all my calls, and I can’t fight for us to survive alone. I need you. I’m in love with you, and this…is killing me.” He grabbed at her small arm as her emotions boiled over the surface.

“You gave up on US along time ago. Don’t give me that bull! THIS…this is killing you? I sure as hell didn’t go sleep with someone else,” she growled as she pulled her arm firmly from his grasp.

“Cath…honey…,” Nick started before she boldly interrupted him.

She came full throttle at him as her fists pounded in his chest as she frantically tried to push past him. She was now sobbing as she spoke as she continued to fight against him as he pulled her into a tight embrace. “Don’t call me that. LET ME GO!”

“Cath…listen to me. Please.” His plea did not get through to her as she mercilessly tried to fight his hold of her. She continued to cry, and beg for him to just let her go.

“Cath…dammit LISTEN to me. I…I didn’t SLEEP with her! I swear. We kissed, but I could never do more. You were constantly in my head.”

She stilled in his arms as she choked back her sobs. “Nick…don’t…don’t lie to me.”

He pulled her tighter as he shut his eyes to try and find the right words. “I’m not. I swear I’m not lying to you. I’m so sorry…I know I screwed up, but I’m desperately asking you to forgive me,” he whispered as his lips lightly dusted over her right temple.

He held her as he listened to her quiet sobs. He felt as her knees gave out, and he quickly sat them down on the bench in front of her locker. He rubbed her soft blonde hair as his concern for her grew. She was obviously far from okay just from looking at her. Even at her worst, he could not help but notice the beauty that radiated from her. “Let me take care of you. I will do it forever if you just give me another chance.”

Her head found the crook of his neck as her left hand reflectively reached up and slid into his short dark hair. A small smile formed on his lips as he recognized the glittering diamond from her engagement ring that was still displayed on her finger that he had given her months ago.

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

oooo that's good...

What happens next?

7. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

yeah, what happens next!!!!

Great writing babes, your doing really awesome with it and can't wait for more, so give us!

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

more more more! Get posting and don't take so long this time :)

9. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Wow.

I have so many questions.

I hope you update more quickly next time.