"A Kiss Before Frying" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 14, 2011.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I got bored! I'll have to pay more attention to the middle parts when I cap it tomorrow. It just seemed to be going sooooo sloooow that I had to change channels (it was more fun seeing how many schools have closed tomorrow even tho it hasn't snowed a flake yet!).

I can't see a govt funded lab (which they are) allowing tour groups through. Too much of a chance of contaminating evidence.

Susan

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Wow, so Greg calling this woman is all Nick's fault. Seems to me that Greg is a grown a man and can make his own decision. Didn't see Nick put a gun to his head, just encouraged Greg. That's what friends do,but yeah, this is all Nick's fault. :rolleyes: She was just a school teacher when Greg met her so why wouldn't Nick encourage his friend to 'go for it'.

After Nick knew there was something wrong he warned Greg, but Greg wouldn't listen to him.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Really I am joking around by saying it is all Nick's fault. Don't take it so seriously.

And Greg did listen, he had his suspicions about her but I think he just wanted to be sure and in the end he did the right thing by calling Catherine to have the cops there to pick her up.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I liked when Ray explained his theory just before the tour group came in, and Nick says, "Aw man, that ain't right!" :lol: And it was cool of Nick to tell the people to ask Greg the questions since he was the lead on the case. :)

Has anyone ever counted the number of times Super Dave has said, "Sorry I'm late?" :lol:

5. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

OMG Smokey that is really funny. I was watching with my dad and he said the exact same thing!

6. Dizzney

Hmm, maybe it could be turned into a drinking game. :lol:

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Or the number of times he's cut into a living person! :guffaw:This makes two!

8. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

I really liked this episode and not just because Greg was the focus of it, but I did enjoy that too :lol:

I liked Nick telling Greg to go after her and how he was so happy when Greg called her. The old Vegas stuff was perfect for Greg too.

I love Super Dave's one liners too "Call me if his condition worsens." :lol:

9. Dizzney

Gosh, you are right! Wow, Super Dave could seriously have a drinking game after him. Just anytime someone called him Super Dave too could be added. :lol:

I didn't expect that guy to be alive in the beginning and I think I jumped a little too like they all did when he came alive. :lol: I loved Dave's comment about calling him when he is needed again.

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

As a soap opera, this was a really great episode. I loved the extra screen time for Greg. Eric's performance was great, as well as DVT. I loved the scene at the end with Cath & Greg and her offer to check out any of his potential romances first. :guffaw:
    I don't think I'd ever trust Nick's relationship advice ever again. ;)

And is that two episodes in a row *gasp* with a Sam mention? Melikes very much!

It was also great to see Greg's advancement as a CSI as he learned to not be led by his heart and go with his CSI instincts.

As a CSI episode, this was quite light on the forensics side. It started off well with processing the scenes, noticing the tire treads and figuring out the electric chair. Then it morphed into 'soap' territory. Did anyone else think of Devo's "Whip It" video when Langston first put the electric "hat" on? :lol: The burn victim & fireball rolling down the hill reminded me of the "Spark of Life" eppy.

11. Dizzney

I have a feeling the next new ep will be light on the forensics side too.

:guffaw:On the Langston and "Whip it" reference. I had not thought of it until you mentioned it now, but yes it does now that I think about it.

Yeah and "Spark of Life" came to mind too with the burn victim rolling down the hill as a fireball.

12. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

I rally liked this episode. I am glad Greg did the right thing in the end. I fell sorry for him. I liked the new elements that this eppy brought. It was not typical CSI but it was good :)

I fell sorry for Jello Man :( The poor unsung hero of CSI.

RIP Jello Man

Cause of death: Raymond frying him like chicken

13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Not a bad episode, although definitely not one of my favorites either. I liked parts of it, but some scenes just felt "off" even when the idea of the scene was right (Pool Shark felt the same way to me too; not really sure what it is).

The "old Vegas" feel of it definitely fit with Greg, and I'm glad his knowledge got to get used again, even if the book was never mentioned. It's great to see him get an episode (way overdue!).

Nick's encouragement was funny, playing matchmaker at the start with telling her Greg was lead on the case. For once, he figured out the attraction right away, so of course there had to be something wrong! :D

When Langston was getting ready to fry the dummy and Cath came in, I half expected her to ask "do you know how much ballistics gel costs?" :lol:

This is another of those episodes that makes me wish I didn't read spoilers. Most of the time, I don't feel like spoilers actually give away the whole episode - this one pretty much did though. There weren't enough surprises or mysteries left to keep me very interested.

14. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Well, I'm hardly on this side of the forum, but I am GUSHING over tonight's episode! I am an avid CSI watcher, and have found this season amazing over all, but tonight- WOW... blew me a way. I think it's quite possibly one of my favorite episodes.

Loved Dave's line at the beginning, "Call me if his condition worsens" (or something like that). Hilarious! As for 'Lodges', omg, :lol: priceless! Gotta love the guy.

Eric was brilliant in the episode. I didn't feel at all awkward while watching. I thought it was something he'd do... you know, like someone else said, you work long hours and a pretty girl walks in, you're not going to turn it down. I felt his emotions at the end, and how hurt he was by it all... he really fell for her! I found Nick's involvement funny, and definitely like something co-workers/friends would do! Greg calling the school was brilliant in itself... the way Ellen trapped him in to coming.. nearly having him shot, and then the way he had her arrested... I don't know, I loved it! Let's just say he did an outstanding job! I'd really LOVE nothing more than for him to have more and more screen time and MORE story lines. Greg has been one of my favorite characters on TV for a very long time, and I'm sure that will continue for a long time to come.

Over all, amazing episode. Sorry to jump in, but to had to share my excitement!!!

Now, I just wish the Miami writers would take a clue from Vegas about their characters from time to time... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  15. Solar Angel

Solar Angel Civilian

Ok...just a curious side of me decided to look up this supposed event with Bugsy Siegel.....there is no mention of Burlesque woman being decapitated by the order of bugsy...he did however date Burlesque dancers and was friends with Jayne Mansfield who was decapiated from a auto accident ?.....just wonders where these guys come up with this stuff