A General Mac Ethics Question(Or any CSI, Really)

^I'm no great Mac fan myself--I go back and forth on the character, and do think he has his cruel moments (like the ones you mentioned above especially Peyton, and his overall treatment of Danny in s.1). But in regards to CotP, I don't think he was consciously trying to make Flack's pain his own so much as experiencing deja vu and worrying about losing another person he cared about in a similar manner. The episode might have been all about Mac's issues, but at the end the team was there and concerned for Flack. This is standard stuff in episodic TV, and the fact that Flack was unconscious for the majority of the episode pretty much precluded any real character development for him. I love Flack--I'd love to see more about him, but this wasn't the episode they allotted for it.

As for the wheelchair ethics issue, I defer to MrsG on that one--the woman knows her legal stuff. I can't imagine the courts would take a wheelchair someone needed to sustain their quality of life without a viable alternative offered.

Back