A Catherine/Sara story

Sara and Catherine: True Love
By Emily

Chapter 1
Man, I’ve been a wreck ever since Grissom left. He left and didn’t tell me he was leaving, until he was leaving. Is that what lovers are suppose to do? I don’t think so. I’ve cried myself to sleep every night since he left. I can’t take it anymore. I need help. Who can I trust to keep my relationship a secret? Not Warrick, or Nick, they won’t understand me, and definitely not Greg. He has a thing for me. Catherine. She’s a woman and can see what I’m going through. I walk to her office and she is there.
“Catherine. Can I talk to you for a second?”
“Sure what’s up?” I walk in and close the door and sit down. “Woman to woman, can you keep a secret?”
“Yea I can as long as you’re not hurting yourself or others.”
“No… it’s not any of that.”
“Ok I promise not to tell.”
“Well...” I start “you are not going to believe me. Grissom…. and… I … am … are… in… a relationship.”
“Wow that’s great Sara.”
“No it isn’t. He didn’t tell me about him leaving so it was a huge surprise. I can’t stand it.” Tears start to form in my eyes. “I can’t really tell if he is in love with me because don’t you think he would have told me he was leaving?” by now tears are dripping down my face and I try to hide it but Catherine has seen the tears and comes over to hug me.
“Grissom is just Grissom” she says still holding me. “He doesn’t know how things can affect people around him.” I start to calm down and she sits in the seat next to me.
“I can’t trust men anymore. First Hank and now Grissom. I think I’m going to have to stop my relationship with Grissom.”
“Why?”
“Just like you said about him not knowing how things he does affect people around him. He has hurt me too many times, in and not in a relationship. I don’t know what to do.”
“You could give women a chance because they might understand you better.
“Yea” I say sarcastically “they will understand me better.” “Hey Sara. I understand you and what you are going though. The guys and I are going out tonight to get drinks and party. Do you want to come?”
“No… I’m going to go home and…”
“And what Sara cry yourself to sleep. No Sara. You let me in on your problem and I want to help you. I’m your problem now. Besides it will help your take you mind off of him. I’ll be at you house at 7. Be ready.”
“What ever but your going to have to drag me out of the house.”
“Then I will.”
“You know what Grissom never gave me? Sex. Too afraid to handle the consequences.”
“Sara. Have you ever had sex with a woman?”
“Why?”
“If you want sex, I’m pretty good.”
“I have had sex with a girl. I am Bi. Are you gay”?
“No. I’m Bi. How about I change what I said about tonight. We are going on a date. I have wanted you for so long. Have you never seen me stare at you a lot?”
“Well yea I have. You know I sort of wanted you too at some points. I’ve never known you were Bi so I was afraid. I have to get back to work now.”
“Ok. Sara don’t forget about tonight.”
“Oh I will. I will totally forget,” I say smiling at her. I walk out of the room and continue to work, forgetting about the pain Grissom has caused me.
I have been waiting to be with Catherine for a while now.

Chapter 2
I finished with my work on the case and headed home to get ready. I put on jeans and a nice top and waited for Catherine. Right at seven she showed up and comes in to my apartment. I walk up to her and kiss her. Afraid I went too far, I step back. She steps at me and kisses me back. We then go to the car and meet up with Nick and Greg.
Warrick bailed out last minuet to be with his wife. We got drinks and talked about work. Catherine came up to me and pulled me on the dance floor.
I pretended I didn’t want to go but she forced me. We danced and I looked over to the table, at Greg. He looked speechless and upset. I dance closer to Catherine and she comes closer to me. After the song Greg ran up to me to ask me to dance. I said no and went to get a drink. “Hey Sara and Catherine. You guys danced really well. You guys looked like you were in love with each other,” Nick said. We sat at the table and talked and danced and then Catherine took me home. She stayed and we kissed and talked.
When we noticed what time it was I didn’t want her to drive, so I offered for her to stay over, since I had an extra bed. She said Lindsey was at a friend’s house so it would be fine. Instead of her sleeping in the other bed, she decided to sleep with me. We cuddled in bed.

more parts to come

heres more

Chapter 3
I got up next morning to find the bed empty. I found a note on the dresser. Went to pick up Lindsey from sleepover. Come over to my house for breakfast at 9, if you’re up. You sleep like a log. –Cath p.s I may not be home yet so let yourself in with the key. I looked at my clock and had to rush around to make it in time. I arrived at exactly 9. I rang the doorbell and no one answered, so I let myself in. I found another note. HEY IF YOU GET THIS NOTE, THEN I GUESS I’M NOT HOME YET. I’LL BE THERE SOON. MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME. –CATH
I decided to go and sit down on the couch and waited for her.
Five minuets later she comes through the door with bags of food. “Sara, I didn’t know you were coming over”, said Lindsey as she runs over to me with food in her hands.
“Well, your wonderful mother invited me over.” I turn and wink at Catherine. She winks back.
“Come on Lindsey, go put the food away and then you can go talk with Sara”, says Catherine.
“Ok,” she says and runs off. Catherine follows her and then comes back out.
“Hey Catherine. Catch.” I throw her key to her. “Thanks for inviting me over. It makes me feel loved.”
“Sara. Catch”, she throws the key back to me. I look at her surprised.
“Don’t you want your key back?”
“Only if you don’t give me one of yours.”
“I’ll throw you one later”, I say laughing. She laughs too. “Anything I can do to help?”
“No Sara, you’re the guest.”
“But I want to help. isn’t there anything, anything I could do to help you? I like to help.”
“Well there is one… but I don’t think your up for the challenge.”
“What ever it is … bring it on.”
“You get to help Lindsey with her homework.”
“How is that a challenge?”
“Oh you will see. You will see.” She laughs and goes into the kitchen to cook. “Lindsey come here.”
Trying to help Lindsey with her homework was really easy. She did everything I told her to do. I don’t know how Catherine thought it was hard. “Breakfast is ready Girls” Catherine calls. Lindsey and I go into the kitchen and my eyes open all the way. She made a huge breakfast, and there is only a tiny bit of meat.
“Don’t worry Sara, its not real meat.” This is so nice of Catherine. I feel loved and cared for. I feel like family. We sat down to eat.
“Mommy are you and Sara dating?” Lindsey asked. Catherine starts to coughs crazy so I get up and whack her back to try to help.
“Thanks Sara. That helped.”
“Lindsey to answer your question Catherine invited me over because we wanted to celebrate solving a cold case and a case at the same time.”
“Oh cool. I wish you guys were. I wouldn’t mind. I like Sara helping me with my homework” Lindsey said.
Catherine looked at me and winked. I think she liked my lie. I for one wasn’t read to tell Lindsey and I’m not sure if Catherine was ready yet either. “I don’t know if I can be her girlfriend because she is in a relationship with someone else” Catherine lied. Out of nowhere the phone rang. Lindsey went off to get it, leaving the two alone. “Mom can I go over to jen’s house and then the mall?”
I shake my head in a yes to Catherine. I want to hang with her more and talk to her.
“What time do you go and when will you be back?”
“12 to 5.”
“Is your homework done?”
“Yes Sara and I finished it.”
“Ok.”
“Thanks Mom.”
She goes off into the other room to talk. “So why do you want to get my daughter out of the house?”
“I want be with you. Talk, get to know more about each other.”
“Well… we can be with each other after I take Lindsey to her friends.”
“How about I take her over, and pretend I’m going home. We could say you need to clean up and I was going home and its on the way anyways.”
“Sure. Then we can talk when you get back.”
“Hey Lindsey, get ready I’ll take you to your friends house on my way home.”
“Be ready in a sec,” she yells. I turn to Catherine “I’ll be back sweetie. Ok.” I kiss her on the cheek and walk to the door. “Catherine, thank you for breakfast. Bye.”
“Bye. I’ll see you at work.”
Chapter 4
Lindsey and I walk to my car and I drive to her friend’s house. It’s close to my home so after I drop her off, I go home to grab some items, a key and something for Catherine and an overnight bag, in case I need one. You never know. I stopped at a flower shop to get some red roses.
When I got to her house, I hid the roses behind my back and rang the door. I heard running and then there she was. I pull the flowers out and she has this look on her face I’ll never forget. She had a looks of mischief on her face. She put the flowers on the table by the door, grabs me, pulls me in the house, slams the door, and pushes me against it kissing me senseless. I kiss her back. “Sara these flowers are lovely.”
“I knew you would like them. I also have something else for you.” I reach into my pocket and pull out a wrapped box. “I’ve wanted to give this to you as a Christmas present last year, but I chickened out. Here.” I hand her the box. She unwraps the paper and then opened the leather box.
“Oh my Sara. You are amazing.” Inside was a locket.
“Cath open it up.”
“Wow a picture of Lindsey inside. Why is the other side empty?”
“I didn’t have another picture of Lindsey.”
“I don’t want a picture of Lindsey in the other side, I want one of you.”
“Ok. You can come over and pick one sometime.”
“Ok.”
“Now we need to talk about Lindsey. What are you going to tell her?”
“Well I don’t know yet. She seems ok of us dating. I’ll come up with something later.”
“Ok you come up with it and tell her. Oh I almost forgot. Here catch.” I throw her my key.
“Thanks. Now come here sit with me. Lets get to know each other better.”
She holds her hand out to me and I put my hand in hers. We walk over to the couch and cuddle. She first starts talking about her college life and her job before being a CSI. I talk about Harvard and what I did before I moved to Vegas. Then she asks me the question I’ve been dreading. “Sara what was your family like?”

Back