A Catherine/Sara moment

G

Catherine let out a tired sigh as she dropped down on her bed. “Do you think Grissom will take ‘sorry, as an excuse for not turning in my assignment?” she asked.
“Well, he did believe you when you told him that your brother had been in a horrible car accident,” Sara replied teasingly, sitting down beside her friend on the bed.
“That’s true,” Catherine muttered.
Sara laughed. “Of course, you hadn’t already had an entire month to work on that project,” she pointed out.
“That doesn’t mean it won’t work,” Catherine said.
Sara just shook her head, her eyes twinkling. After a moment, Catherine sighed and lay back, resting her head in Sara’s lap. “Do you think we should call Grissom and tell him about the assignment?”
“Now?” Sara said, her hands unconsciously playing with Catherine’s hair. “And it’s almost three o’clock in the morning.”
Catherine grinned. “Exactly. So, do you think we should call Grissom and tell him about--”
“I’m sure it can wait until the sun comes up,” Sara cut in, rolling her eyes. “He’d probably kill us for waking him up.”
Catherine frowned. “And then he’d get mad that we didn’t come and get him in the first place,” she said thoughtfully. “Maybe we should just forget about it.”
Sara laughed, still gently brushing Catherine’s hair with her fingers. “We both really need to get to sleep,” she said. “We have work first thing in the morning, and you’re gonna have to talk to Grissom whether you want to or not.” She paused. “Even if Warrick’s there.”
The way Catherine suddenly flinched answered Sara’s unspoken question.
“You’re still trying to avoid him,” Sara said, frowning. “I’m really--”
“Please don’t say ‘sorry,” Catherine cut in gently.
Sara shot her a weak smile. “I’m still sorry.”
“What did I just say?” Catherine asked, her voice barely above a whisper. Her breathing was slowing down, becoming steady, and within minutes she had apparently fallen asleep.
Her head was still resting in Sara’s lap.
After a few seconds, Sara let her thoughts drift off, and she wasn’t sure how much time had passed when Catherine suddenly stirred. “I kissed Sofia once, you know,” she whispered, never opening her eyes. “Or maybe she kissed me. I’m not sure.”
Sara blinked.
Catherine opened her eyes just a crack and smiled weakly at Sara. “We both pretending it never happened afterward,” she said lightly. “I’m good at forgetting things, so don’t worry about the whole incident with Warrick.”
When Sara kept staring at her, Catherine sighed. “Lean down,” she whispered, her voice slurred slightly with sleep.
“Why?” Sara asked in confusion.
“Lean down,” Catherine insisted, an almost petulant tone in her voice.
Shaking her head, Sara leaned down so that her face was only an inch or so from Catherine’s face. “What?” she asked.
Without warning, Catherine suddenly lifted up her head long enough to press her lips against those of her friend.
Sara pulled away in a heartbeat, a startled look on her face. “Why did you do that?”
“Because you’re my Sara,” Catherine whispered sleepily. “And I’d rather have Sara on my lips than Warrick.”
For just a moment, Sara froze. As Catherine’s breathing once again became slow and regular, though, she couldn’t help but smile. She slowly brought her fingers up to touch her lips, still tasting Catherine on them. It was a sweet taste… cherries, maybe. Something fruity.
For just a moment she pushed aside the thoughts Grissom, instead focusing on the blonde girl laying next to her on the bed.
She gently leaned down and pressed her lips against Catherine’s once again, but it was barely more than a peck. Then, without saying a word, she lay down on top of the covers as well and snuggled up against her best friend.

THE END

JayneEmilysRealm said:
YAY!! I love it :D

Yes for Cath pushing aside Warrick and wanting Sara :devil: You know what a girl like me likes to read :D Well done!
thank you :D

Back