8x08 - 'Point of Impact' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

I thought it was good. Not fantastic, but good.

How many years has Ryan been a CSI? And how many seminars, etc., has he attended? And he's still being written as an idjit? :scream: And a guy who's done patrol and CSI fieldwork all those years has to keep some candy or granola bars on hand. Heck, in "Under the Influence", didn't he sacrifice his roast beef sandwich, WHICH HE CARRIED WITH HIM? Come on, writers; you can do better than that.

Hubby and I laughed out loud at Calleigh's eyeball prank. It's nice to see the old playful Calleigh back. I hated the Calleigh of the last few seasons.

And what IS Walter, exactly? Last week during the trilogy he flashed a badge. Isn't he supposed to be a lab rat?

Looks like the M.E.'s character is evening out. He's a lot more believable these days. I can see an M.E. doing the Jello thing (but with something OTHER THAN JELLO--NO FOOD OR DRINK ANYWHERE IN A LAB, REMEMBER??)

BTW, that detached eyeball was hokier than Jesse Cordoza's CPR. Instead of that nice, clear white, it should have been red or brown. And where were the eye muscles? Oh, and vitreous fluid is a cloudy white or red, depending on the extent of the bleeding, not crystal clear.

Nice to see Dave Benton again. I'm glad you're using dedicated lab techs instead of making CSI's do double duty. Also good to see the team being a team again.

Not sure, but I'd have to go back and check. Did that Escalade, a high-end SUV, have any airbags? Seatbelts? Did that mother even care whether her kids were buckled up? And what about the blood alcohol level? Was the daughter driving drunk?

KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE SPLIT SCREENS!!! I CAN'T SEE THREE THINGS AT ONCE!! :scream:

Last edited:
Really love the episode!
There was one thing that the episode made me wonder.....Walter called Jesse "Officer Cardoza", so does that mean that Jesse isn't a Detective? Does this mean that Miami's team are Officers instead of Detectives? Anyone know how that works in Miami?

I think they are Officers. Except for Horatio and Stetler who are Lts. And Frank who is a Sgt (I think). People have called Ryan, Cal and Eric officers as well. The Megan Fox lookalike also called Jesse "officer" in this episode.

I think Julia called Ryan "Officer Wolfe" in Dissolved as well.

How many years has Ryan been a CSI? And how many seminars, etc., has he attended? And he's still being written as an idjit? :scream: And a guy who's done patrol and CSI fieldwork all those years has to keep some candy or granola bars on hand. Heck, in "Under the Influence", didn't he sacrifice his roast beef sandwich, WHICH HE CARRIED WITH HIM? Come on, writers; you can do better than that.
He wasn't being written as an idjit until recently.He made some mistakes earlier,but he was never dense.He was presented as thorough and a go getter his first episode.He was attending seminars,able to ace different classes etc.The writers can do better,he's like a different character.Maybe they are gearing him up for burn out or job related stress or something.

He wasn't being written as an idjit until recently.He made some mistakes earlier,but he was never dense.He was presented as thorough and a go getter his first episode.He was attending seminars,able to ace different classes etc.The writers can do better,he's like a different character.Maybe they are gearing him up for burn out or job related stress or something.

Or maybe carry over from WISC?!

Who knows what they are doing? I thought Ryan was going in the right direction before this season started.

Not sure, but I'd have to go back and check. Did that Escalade, a high-end SUV, have any airbags? Seatbelts? Did that mother even care whether her kids were buckled up? And what about the blood alcohol level? Was the daughter driving drunk?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the accident just didn't make sense. It apparently didn't have airbags, and in a rear-end collision, supposedly at over 30mph, the airbags should have triggered in both the front seats, and I would suspect a truck like that would have side curtain airbags as well which would have deployed in the rollover, and which would have protected the son as well. (A truck like that striking a passenger vehicle should not have flipped!! GM probably wasn't happy with the portrayal of their vehicle. :scream:) No one seems to have been wearing seatbelts, and that would have saved the mom's life if she had been wearing hers. As for the daughter's BAC, she didn't have any alcohol in her system, she lost control when a gator crossed the path and she couldn't control the large vehicle with no power steering fluid left. Which brings up... what 14 year old knows how to operate a vehicle anyway? Unless you are on a farm and running a tractor....

KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE SPLIT SCREENS!!! I CAN'T SEE THREE THINGS AT ONCE!! :scream:
This made me laugh, but I agree with you. Lots of shows now are doing it and the only way I can keep up is to hit pause on the DVR.

Who knows what they are doing? I thought Ryan was going in the right direction before this season started.

I agree, it could be a carry over from WISC. I don't think he ever sought counseling. I don't even think he told anyone about his ordeal, trying to handle it all by himself. Something of that magnitude can cause PTSD and will eventually catch up with you. Ryan does seem to be more distracted than in the past.

So basicly it is wait and see if the writers are going to make sense of it all. .

No one seems to have been wearing seatbelts, and that would have saved the mom's life if she had been wearing hers.

You know, that is the first thing I thought when I saw the mom hanging out of the car....

Which brings up... what 14 year old knows how to operate a vehicle anyway? Unless you are on a farm and running a tractor....

Maybe she had her learner's permit. Wonder what the age is in Florida when one can get one?

I agree, it could be a carry over from WISC. I don't think he ever sought counseling. I don't even think he told anyone about his ordeal, trying to handle it all by himself. Something of that magnitude can cause PTSD and will eventually catch up with you. Ryan does seem to be more distracted than in the past.

So basicly it is wait and see if the writers are going to make sense of it all. .

I think that is the best attitude to have; it is a long season and we'll just have to wait and see. These writers, at times, do have a tendency to start things and not carry them through....

what 14 year old knows how to operate a vehicle anyway? Unless you are on a farm and running a tractor....

Actually, it is not unrealistic for a 14 year old to know how to drive these days. In where I live, it's more like kids know how to drive before walk and talk. And besides, there's been enough reports out there of 8 year olds driving cars and being caught by police and all that.

Many 14 year olds know how to operate a vehicle, kids these days are learning earlier and earlier.

And really, if 14 years old is the age for allowing a pilot's license, then I don't think cars are a problem.

I think I know why Natalia wasn't in this episode, she followed Langston back to Vegas. When you think about it, it makes sense in a way.

I really liked this epiosde. Most people have said what I wanted to say anyway, so there we are :)

I don't think there was to much Jessie either. I agree that something isn't right in the writing department. Ryan, the man who's a little OCD - not up to date on certain forensic techniques just didn't sit right with me.

Other then that, loved it. :)

A+

Okay I did like the episode, but I was a little irked that they had Walter explaining things to Ryan a lot in this episode. That makes no sense I mean how long has Ryan been working there seriously :scream:

Okay after that little rant the episode wasn't predictable which I was grateful for and other then that not much to say on it.

Back