2010 Awards Noms/Winners & Discussion

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:confused:talk about confused, but once again thank's. I wondered why it wasn't listed in my TV Guide, so that's great news, then the 8-29 one, and Laurence Fishburne will be a presenter :thumbsup:

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS & SCIENCES 62nd PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS

Click that and see all the winners.

So what are your thoughts on tonights show? Did you watch it?

Normally I only watch for the in "memoriam" of all the stars who passed away. I would like to say that 'Jewel' did an excellent job singing while they flashed the pictures.

At first it wasn't too bad, but three hours seems a bit long imo, after awhile your just in the duh train of thought trying to keep up. I get that when a show wins that the cast and crew and writers and probably their parents all come up on stage, honestly just have one person accepting, and then pick a person from each (cast, crew, writers, etc) to come up and represent the whole party. It would cut down on time and those watching from going *yawn*.

Honestly if it were not for some of the "year in [insert catagory]" and a few other things, I would have to say that is three hours of my life I am NOT getting back. *sigh*

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Last night's ceremony was definitely one of the better ones in recent years. It was very refreshing to see some new blood receive awards (such as Modern Family, Kyra Sedgwick, Jim Parsons, etc).

On the disappointing side was seeing Mad Men win yet again and Lost not winning any of the major categories. Terry O'Quinn masterfully played two roles this season--Smokey and John Locke--that really beats anything Aaron Paul did this season. Winners and snubs aside, Jimmy Fallon did a surprisingly decent job hosting. Overall, a pretty fun show.

The charming opening to the show and Modern Family's George Clooney skits were by far the greatest parts to the show. Oh, and Ricky Gervais' monologue was quite well done, too. :lol:

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I liked the show too, Jimmy Fallon, was great. When he imitated Elton John, for a brief second I thought it was Elton:eek:He was a riot. Also seeing Stephen Colbert with him, doing silly nonsense, and the beer comment from Rickey.:lol: Although I don't watch probably 80-90% of these shows or never saw the mini-series, that won, I was glad Al Pacino won for his portrayal of Jack Kevorkian. And was thrilled that Kyra Sedgwick won. She rocks as Brenda Lee on "The Closer" it was well deserved. The Betty White clip about Facebook so funny. And for me I was thrilled to see Laurence Fishburne as a presenter, his introduction "a actor whose won two Emmys and a Tony";). He looked so suave and debonair as always. The atmosphere was delightful, and all in all a good show~

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

And like always when one awards show is done, so comes another one.

44th Annual CMA Awards (Country Music Awards).

The hosts are Brad Paisley, and Carrie Underwood.

Nominee's can be found at the link provided along the top it will give you the option.

The final nominees will be announced Wednesday on ABC's "Good Morning America."

The CMAs are set for Nov. 10 in Nashville and will air live on ABC.