‘Right At Your Door’ With Rory Cochrane

CSI Files

Captain
Actor <font color=yellow>Rory Cochrane</font>, formerly known by CSI:Miami fans as Tim Speedle, recently discussed his role in the controversial film Right At Your Door. The film just debuted on DVD in the UK. Purchased by <font color=blue>Lionsgate</font> at last year’s <font color=blue>Sundance Film Festival</font>, it remains to be seen whether the film will be released in the US.

Right At Your Door is a low-budget thriller by first time director <font color=yellow>Chris Gorak</font>. The film is raises significant questions regarding personal choices and sacrifice. When a dirty bomb is detonated in Los Angeles, ordinary couple Brad (played by Cochrane) and Lexi (played by <font color=yellow>Mary McCormack</font>) face the ultimate dilemma of what to do after Lexi is caught in the center of the explosion, while Brad is safe at home. With most lines of communication down and no way of getting through to Lexi, Brad hears on the radio that he should secure his home to keep out the deadly virus that is overtaking the city. Brad makes the decision not to let his wife into the house when she returns.

According to Cochrane, the film “is definitely not a heartwarming piece.” It was shot in less than a month. “We shot six day weeks in a small little house that they got for the shoot. It was a good thing that it was a quick shoot, because any longer it’s hard to sustain a mental state that long. Starting to crack up.” Cochrane says, “It wasn’t the type of shoot were people are joking around between takes. There are some things that you do that are dramatic that you can still have a little fun in between but this wasn’t one of them.”

People living in the Echo Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, where the film was shot, were curious about the shoot, but Cochrane didn’t think they were too happy when the ash started falling from the sky and covering the streets. The substance used was non-toxic, but none the less, all of the crew members got sick.

Cochrane will next be seen in a Ridley Scott mini-series called The Company. The story is about the CIA and KGB, starting in the 1950s and spanning a period of 40 years. Cochrane plays a KGB agent and even speaks a little Russian. It is expected to be out in June.

To read the interview in full, visit <A class="link" HREF=http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/article_2007_01_18_2318.html>The Hollywood News</a>.<center></center>

It's nice to see that they're still posting articles about Rory even after he's left the show :D

Rory fans: 1.
CSI:Miami: ZERO.

:p

I don't like that they haven't released it in the US, but I'm really not sure it would do so well there. :lol: I had the chance to see the movie and it's excellent, but it's one of those movies that wouldn't be for everyone's taste. But it should be released in the US anyway mainly because there are a lot of fans who would like to purchase the movie.

I also can't wait to see 'The Company'. :D Lookin' forward to this Russian he'll be speaking. :lol: And it looks like a pretty interesting role for him. --Very different from what we've seen. :eek:

I can't wait to see 'The Company' either. Geni, any idea yet as to weather it'll be picked up by a Canadian station?

And I agree... RAYD probably wouldn't do well in the States... but they could release it here in Canada so that us two Rory fans can be happy :lol:

:lol: There has to be more Canadian Rory fans than just us. :p

As for 'The Company', the only info I have regarding the channels it'll air on, is TNT and BBC. I know that some Canadian cable companies have those two channels in their package, but if it's a basic Shaw cable package, the two channels have to be bought first. :rolleyes:

I was hoping it would be on CTV. But...It's CTV. They never have anything good unless it has the letters C S or I in it.

Well, to be fair, Company starts with C ;)
I dont' get either TNT or BBC. I just get basic cable. Maybe I can find someone to tape it for me...

Back