Adam/Eric #9 - 'The Perfect Diversion'

Look I understand everyone is upset about Adam leaving but can you please take all e/c related comments to that particular thread. I'm up set about Adam leaving too but lets not start the ship war here that's what the debate thread is for.

Anyway I was hoping that Adam would stay and maybe Emily leave due to the situation but it is what it is. I do think the show will suffer a blow from this but I don't think it will be fatal. I'm going to miss Adam on the show, but I'll at least be glad I had 7 yrs of watching his character even if the last year wasn't a favorite of mine (and let me say that it was not for e/c reasons). But I'm sure we'll see Adam in something else soon besides the Tyler Perry movie. Adam is almost like the come back kid. He's gone from a J.Lo video to Brooklyn South to Roswell and then to CSI:Miami for 7 yrs, so who know where he will appear next.

Actually, and I am not trying to pick a fight here, I think we can discuss some E/C as it relates to Adam leaving b/c it affects E/C and the show in general. I am not saying people should be screaming out about undying love and such but I think as long as it pertains to how Adam's departure will affect things, it is ok.

A mod can feel free to correct me or debunk me but I do believe a similar thing happened in the spoiler thread a few days ago where I asked something along the same lines as you....

Adam also affect EDeN and I have a feeling that if I were to blurt out things about how he affects that, that there would be a hell of a lot of back lash. I'm only asking bacuse I'm in the minority here. Delkolover you asked that those that didn't like e/c or didn't ship to not rub the break up in the faces of those that do, in which case I don't see that anyone has. For the most part the big topic has been screen time, but that is a whole diffrent issue all together. I'm just asking that the conversation sticks strictly to Adam because I am the minority and I really don't want a war to start, because we're all upset and when different people are upset diffrent things happen and most of the time it's not good.

Last edited:
Look I understand everyone is upset about Adam leaving but can you please take all e/c related comments to that particular thread. I'm up set about Adam leaving too but lets not start the ship war here that's what the debate thread is for.

Anyway I was hoping that Adam would stay and maybe Emily leave due to the situation but it is what it is. I do think the show will suffer a blow from this but I don't think it will be fatal. I'm going to miss Adam on the show, but I'll at least be glad I had 7 yrs of watching his character even if the last year wasn't a favorite of mine (and let me say that it was not for e/c reasons). But I'm sure we'll see Adam in something else soon besides the Tyler Perry movie. Adam is almost like the come back kid. He's gone from a J.Lo video to Brooklyn South to Roswell and then to CSI:Miami for 7 yrs, so who know where he will appear next.

Actually, and I am not trying to pick a fight here, I think we can discuss some E/C as it relates to Adam leaving b/c it affects E/C and the show in general. I am not saying people should be screaming out about undying love and such but I think as long as it pertains to how Adam's departure will affect things, it is ok.

A mod can feel free to correct me or debunk me but I do believe a similar thing happened in the spoiler thread a few days ago where I asked something along the same lines as you....

Adam also affect EDeN and I have a feeling that if I were to blurt out things about how he affects that, that there would be a hell of a lot of back lash. I'm only asking bacuse I'm in the minority here.

Go ahead and mention EDEN....I wouldn't care b/c as you said it does affect it. It affects everyone on the show and I think all parties and persuasions should be allowed to mention it here in passing.

Again, I wouldn't blame you if mentioned them b/c EDEN is your chosen ship and Adam leaving hurts all ship combinations....not just E/C

Okay, okay can we please not get into ship wars? I know we all have our own couples we love, but this is ADAM (we're all here because we're Adam fans, right???), & as much as I do love EdeN, I'm torn up because it's also the loss of just ERIC! I am an ERIC/ADAM fan, though the past few years I wanted to whack him (Eric), all the same he was my very favorite from the start of the show, & I'll miss him terribly. There was so much potential for the character, outside of ANY relationship! I will be sad when/if he goes.

Anyway, if he leaves, it wouldn't be a career mistake for him because he is versatile and can really play any role out there.

Maybe, but maybe not. Hollywood is fickle and unpredictable. Someone can be an extremely talented actor/actress on a TV show, but just can't make the jump to doing movies. And it doesn't mean it's their fault. There's a ton of competition for big movie roles, and as we've all been able to see, the biggest stars aren't necessarily the best at their craft. If Adam is indeed leaving, and if wanting to pursue a movie career is part of his reasoning, he may have varying levels of success.

Anyway, if he leaves, it wouldn't be a career mistake for him because he is versatile and can really play any role out there.

Maybe, but maybe not. Hollywood is fickle and unpredictable. Someone can be an extremely talented actor/actress on a TV show, but just can't make the jump to doing movies. And it doesn't mean it's their fault. There's a ton of competition for big movie roles, and as we've all been able to see, the biggest stars aren't necessarily the best at their craft. If Adam is indeed leaving, and if wanting to pursue a movie career is part of his reasoning, he may have varying levels of success.

Honestly, I couldn't agree with you more. Ya know not everyone gets to turn out like George Clooney....and even then it took him a whie. I mean Adam works with a prime example of why leaving a popular tv show to make the jump to movies doesn't always work. I am not saying he shouldn't try...everyone should always try. But like you said, Hollywood is fickle and some fans can be too. Some fans, none on this board b/c we all talk about and love seeing him in other roles, will find it hard to see Adam not being Eric. And some will always see him as Eric no matter what role he takes.

DC burned alot of bridges when he left NYPD Blue and it took him until this show to regain his standing. My cousin was Sandra Bullock's agent...he got her the part in "Speed" and when DC left he asked my cousin to be his agent and my cousin turned him down b/c he told him that he thought it was a horrible idea that he left NYPD Blue.

I don't think things will happen like that for Adam. He is very talented and has made many movies already but sometimes TV actors/actresses are best suited for TV. Hell, there have some major movie actors who have failed at TV!! :lol:

But I wish him all the best....I am going to miss him if he really is moving on...:(

I had a feeling this would happen. I thought Emily would be the first to leave though. But what gave me the feeling that this would happen (other than his tweets)was when CBS announced that they will be cutting back on their budget. With the economy the way it is, I knew it would be really hard to get all the characters back. Its happening in sports as well as other forms of entertainment when it comes to contracts. Right now people want top dollar, which he deserves, and the team or company does not want to budge. Their goal seems to be to save money. Unfortunatly these things usually ends in one of the following ways: they leave, they drag it out and look for other opportunities and tptb will pull negotiations off the table until the actor,player, etc. decides to talk again, or tptb finally realizes what a loss this person could be and re due the contract to bring he/she back and please them in the process. btw this just happened to a key player of one of my favorite teams. I would hate to see him leave, but I am a true fan of Adam and I will look forward to what he has planned in his future. He his very talented and he is the reason why I watch this show. He tweets that he's making moves and that he just had the best weekend of his life, so that makes me happy knowing that he has some stuff in the works and i cant wait to see them!Now my question is if tptb do make it right with him and fix his contract and he agrees, how in the hell are they gonna work he and this new dude and the other characters in the script. and remember, they still need a doctor on the show. oh well. still no official word yet from him, CBS, or his manager or agent. nothing is official until he or his agent says so for me, b/c these are some vague news. Although his tweets were not:(

I really do wish that this was all a bad dream. I will take him as a recurring character as opposed to nothing at all.

If this was his choice, I do wish him nothing but the best. He will leave lots of fans heartbroken but we will follow him no matter where he goes.

I really do wish that this was all a bad dream. I will take him as a recurring character as opposed to nothing at all.

If this was his choice, I do wish him nothing but the best. He will leave lots of fans heartbroken but we will follow him no matter where he goes.

I agree with you I also would take him as a recurring character if it will mean that he sometimes appears on the show. Though unfortunatelly it still is not enough.:(
It's a really sad day, I totally did not expect this.

Miami without Eric will just not be Miami for me. I've loved the character since the first time I watched the show and actually started watching the ongoing season b/c of him and Calleigh. I just don't know if I'll want to keep watching if he leaves. TPTB know how much Adam brings to the show (my opinion based on how much they focus on the character) so I hope they do everything in their power to keep him there. Though I have to say I have very little hope. I love Eric and Calleigh so I hope that they do justice to the storyline they invested so much on.

Right now it is all the same information just put out by different outlets....none of them are saying anything new. This one just basically said the samething that TV Guide did. Although the author of this one, imo, makes some good points in regards to what the show will be like when he leaves.

Hopefully CBS or Adam will say something soon....cuz this is getting annoying! If this turns out to be a frickin publicity stunt, I will be sooooo pissed off :lol:

Right now it is all the same information just put out by different outlets....none of them are saying anything new. This one just basically said the samething that TV Guide did. Although the author of this one, imo, makes some good points in regards to what the show will be like when he leaves.

Hopefully CBS or Adam will say something soon....cuz this is getting annoying! If this turns out to be a frickin publicity stunt, I will be sooooo pissed off :lol:

I am right there with you...I will be beyond pissed off if this is a publicity stunt...I'm still mad at him though...and I hate it when I am mad at him :(

I don't know if I said it here too but I will this anyway....

I just realized that I read the latina blog article wrong....they really said that Emily hinted at Adam leaving at the TCA party Monday NOT that Adam would be making the statement this coming Monday.....that was my mistake, I misread it! I think I posted earlier that it was the other way around.

Sorry guys! I haven't been sleeping well lately so my brain is mush!:lol:

It's fairly official now isn't it? The links are up on the sidebar and everything.

I don't watch Miami like I was for a while, but I'm sad to see him go. The only positive I can think of is that maybe now I can get some DuCaine for myself.

Still can't get over this and wondering when he will finally announce it. Plus my twitter is shut down and I can't send updates for the group and myself. Making me so annoyed at all this crazy stuff going on..is Mercury in retrograde? LOL

MacsGirlMel, sidebar semi-confirms it for me, but it does seem like he's got a lot of time on his hands when you read his twitter updates.

I still want to hear it from his mouth or management before I 100% keel over!!

tyy guys later!

Back