CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two questions

1) have the actually cast anyone for this new role or is it all sepulaction right now??

and 2) When are we gonna finally get some spoilers?? Soon I hope I can't wait to see what S6 has in store.

I have two questions

1) have the actually cast anyone for this new role or is it all sepulaction right now??

and 2) When are we gonna finally get some spoilers?? Soon I hope I can't wait to see what S6 has in store.

There's been no casting announcement. The youtube video is just one person's audition tape that was uploaded to that site. Since there are no spoilers people are talking about if they like that particular actress or not, and since they chose to use a scene of a character who is still on the show for the audition there are people comparing her delivery to Anna Belknap's. People are good about posting spoilers when they come out, so I'm sure as soon as they get them they'll appear on here.

Probably a bit late in the game to the dicussion about Anna Belknap and why she got the job, but she was in a series called Medical Investigation, she was the media liason to a CDC type group, but it was a similar detective procedural type show, perhaps that work had some bearing on getting cast here? It was a very similar way she played that character.

I'm new, just trying to find info on the finale after it was shown here in england and found this board, and now i find there's going to be a new character. Hope they don't cast someone like that Christina, she's too pretty, I did think the girl from Reaper would be good, (since that's been cancelled but maybe a bit too pretty. Dani Reese/Sara Shai from Life would be great, but they don't usually cast from one crime show to another do they? The roles are too similar and similar fandoms so actors would be recognised and 'tainted' by the former role.

Probably a bit late in the game to the dicussion about Anna Belknap and why she got the job, but she was in a series called Medical Investigation, she was the media liason to a CDC type group, but it was a similar detective procedural type show, perhaps that work had some bearing on getting cast here? It was a very similar way she played that character.

That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense considering playing a media liason and playing a CSI shouldn't be remotely similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musereader

That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense considering playing a media liason and playing a CSI shouldn't be remotely similar.

Wait, did Medical Investigation come on the air before CSI NY? I don't know how one would play a media liaison, but I'd assume it'd involve relaying a lot of facts in a professional-type manner...which is much of what's required on CSI. Either way, that's definitely interesting to note.

I'm new, just trying to find info on the finale after it was shown here in england and found this board, and now i find there's going to be a new character. Hope they don't cast someone like that Christina, she's too pretty, I did think the girl from Reaper would be good, (since that's been cancelled but maybe a bit too pretty. Dani Reese/Sara Shai from Life would be great, but they don't usually cast from one crime show to another do they? The roles are too similar and similar fandoms so actors would be recognised and 'tainted' by the former role.

...I don't know, people keep mentioning this Christina Murphy is too pretty. I have yet to see the video, but if she is really pretty, is that really a problem? I mean, I know people like characters they can relate to looks-wise, but I think Melina and Anna are both very pretty, and Emmanuelle is practically model-like. Calleigh and Natalia on Miami are similarly beautiful - hasn't Emily Procter actually done modeling, or been in a commercial before? Same with Jorja Fox. CSI tends to go for the Hollywood-pretty look in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musereader

Wait, did Medical Investigation come on the air before CSI NY? I don't know how one would play a media liaison, but I'd assume it'd involve relaying a lot of facts in a professional-type manner...which is much of what's required on CSI. Either way, that's definitely interesting to note.

Yes, MI was on the air before CSI: NY. A media liason isn't going to have to spew forth a lot of technical jargon or come from a scientific background. They're also going to have to relate to people in a totally different manner. I wouldn't think the two would be similar at all.

...I don't know, people keep mentioning this Christina Murphy is too pretty. I have yet to see the video, but if she is really pretty, is that really a problem? I mean, I know people like characters they can relate to looks-wise, but I think Melina and Anna are both very pretty, and Emmanuelle is practically model-like. Calleigh and Natalia on Miami are similarly beautiful - hasn't Emily Procter actually done modeling, or been in a commercial before? Same with Jorja Fox. CSI tends to go for the Hollywood-pretty look in general.

The character description for Kaye Sullivan says she is "attractive" and "extremely sexy." I would assume that would mean they wouldn't want a plain Jane auditioning for the role. I don't really understand how "too pretty" can be an argument for why someone shouldn't be cast. It really doesn't make sense to me especially considering the character description.

She was a media liason, thats what the character description says, but when I saw the show I didn't think thats what she was, I couldn't figure it out but she seemed to be the one that talked to the doctors, patients, witnesses etc so more like a detective than anything, it seemed that she was a sounding board for the doctors and she activley helped them solve cases. So while it shouldn't be similar, but it was, she did have to do the Technical Jargon, the questioning of evidence (whys and wherfores etc) and other stuff that carries over onto CSI.

Maybe it's because she was the person who asked the questions of the doctors so that the media (ie. the audience) can get the explanation, then she repeated it back with an analogy "oh so it's like...blah blah" so that it's simple for people to understand Anna/Lindsay does that 'Analogising' quite a bit on CSI too. Do you know what I'm getting at? Does that make sense?

As for 'pretty' I don't consider any of the people in CSI to be model-ish (that is LV and NY, I cannot watch Horatio Cane and his glasses hence don't watch Miami on a regular basis, or much at all) they are still very very attractive but not in the vein of the tall thin runway beauty cast in the same mould and who all have those cheekbones, as exemplified by say - elle macpherson. The actors in CSI tend to be more attractive in the fact that they are not cast from the same mould as the models Stella is sultry, Anna girl next door, Catherine older confident woman, Jojora innocence naivety. Riley, blonde but doesn't play on it (no make up and ponytail). It makes for a wider range of attractiveness, however the girl in the vid IMHO looks more like a contestant for Next Top Model than someone who could be a CSI. Might work for ADAs in SVU but not for a CSI.

She was a media liason, thats what the character description says, but when I saw the show I didn't think thats what she was, I couldn't figure it out but she seemed to be the one that talked to the doctors, patients, witnesses etc so more like a detective than anything, it seemed that she was a sounding board for the doctors and she activley helped them solve cases. So while it shouldn't be similar, but it was, she did have to do the Technical Jargon, the questioning of evidence (whys and wherfores etc) and other stuff that carries over onto CSI.

Maybe it's because she was the person who asked the questions of the doctors so that the media (ie. the audience) can get the explanation, then she repeated it back with an analogy "oh so it's like...blah blah" so that it's simple for people to understand Anna/Lindsay does that 'Analogising' quite a bit on CSI too. Do you know what I'm getting at? Does that make sense?

Fair enough. I never watched MI so I'm just going off what my expectation of what a media liason would be versus a CSI and I wouldn't think the two would be remotely similar in how they deal with people. From what you described I was wrong about that.

As for 'pretty' I don't consider any of the people in CSI to be model-ish (that is LV and NY, I cannot watch Horatio Cane and his glasses hence don't watch Miami on a regular basis, or much at all) they are still very very attractive but not in the vein of the tall thin runway beauty cast in the same mould and who all have those cheekbones, as exemplified by say - elle macpherson. The actors in CSI tend to be more attractive in the fact that they are not cast from the same mould as the models Stella is sultry, Anna girl next door, Catherine older confident woman, Jojora innocence naivety. Riley, blonde but doesn't play on it (no make up and ponytail). It makes for a wider range of attractiveness, however the girl in the vid IMHO looks more like a contestant for Next Top Model than someone who could be a CSI. Might work for ADAs in SVU but not for a CSI.

Well, from what I have heard and seen on youtube, Christina Murphy was a contestant on ANTM so that would explain the "model" looks. I still disagree that she's "too pretty" or not the right kind of pretty. I guess that's probably because overall I liked her audition tape and part of the description of Kaye Sullivan is "attractive" and "extremely sexy." I know people can be that without having the model looks, but to me having those looks doesn't exclude a person from fitting the description. It is possible to be stunningly beautiful and be capable of being a CSI.

Originally Posted by PerfectAnomaly:
The character description for Kaye Sullivan says she is "attractive" and "extremely sexy." I would assume that would mean they wouldn't want a plain Jane auditioning for the role. I don't really understand how "too pretty" can be an argument for why someone shouldn't be cast. It really doesn't make sense to me especially considering the character description.

I agree, though I think what's "attractive and extremely sexy" is really subjective (for example, I know lots of people think she's gorgeous, but I've always seen Jennifer Aniston as a plain Jane). So I don't think it'd matter if a plain Jane were to try out, either - just that someone who's "too pretty" wouldn't exactly look out of place among the cast.

Originally Posted by Musereader:

Yeah, I agree about the different range of attractiveness on LV and NY; they're all attractive, but in a different way. However, I do think that Emmanuelle Vaugier is rather runway-beauty herself, and definitely has the cheekbones - but she fit in well enough with the NY cast. I'm not looking forward to Kaye Sullivan's appearance, but I don't think there'd be a problem looks-wise, no matter how hot she is. They'd probably do something like they did with Riley on LV, make her prettiness adapt to the show.

Ok, just tell me this-

1. Is Lindsay (Belknap) staying (I hope she is)
2. Is Mac leaving/dying?
3. Does Adam get hurt in anyway?
4. Spoiler--- Who fired the gun at the bar/resturant they were all in at the end of Pay Off?
5. Does anyone die? (I really hope not)
6. (This is the last) Why did someone fire at them while they were in the bar/resturant at the end of Pay Off (made no sense to me!)

Please answer, I know that Lindsay and Danny wont leave because they're parents and, if tehy were to leave, none of them could die because it's not the way it's done on TV ... please someone lend a ligical answer to those questions... please? Thanks :) xx

^We still don't know the answer to most of those questions, except that Lindsay is staying and Mac is not dying. The rest we might not know until the premiere, though hopefully some spoilers will leak out before then. ;)

At this point the only one I'm assuming is safe is Hawkes because of the Hill Harper interview where he says Hawkes isn't shot. Ausiello said that Melina and Anna were coming back for S6, but he didn't specify for how long. I'd say Melina and Gary are highly unlikely to nearly impossible, but until I see what happens on screen I'm thinking almost anyone is fair game and that there's a good possibility it'll end up being no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back