Eric/Greg Leggo Our Greggo Thread #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would be lost without him. Even when he was in DNA, his results found the killer. I like that they have not forgot he is smart.

Well, this wasn't the letter I wrote, but the following letter was printed in the new issue of TV Guide (Jan 26-Feb 8 issue):

Lab Rat
Thanks for the story on William Petersen, but why was every one of the CSI cast interviewed except Eric Szmanda ["Good-bye Grissom," 1/12]?

TVG reply: We did reach out to Szmanda, but he did not respond to our requests. - The Editors

I'm honestly puzzled, and frankly a bit disappointed to hear that Eric didn't respond to the TV Guide's editors' request to provide a comment about Petersen's exit from the show. Just saying...:confused:

I'm not sure I believe TV Guide. They could very well be lying. This isn't the first time he's been left out by that magazine. Are they trying to tell us that he didn't respond each and every time? Yeah, right!:rolleyes:

Did it tick anyone else off that everyone else in the end was working with another colleague, but poor Greg was all alone?

Maybe Eric was feeling too emotional about WP's departure and he didn't want to deal with it. Maybe he felt to vulnerable, some guys shy away from that.

It's disappointing.

Maybe he never got the messages or he was out of town when they sent them too. He does go on vacation, out of the country a lot.

I did also notice that in a recent press tour for CSI he was missing. Marg, George, Laurence Fishburne and Robert David Hall were in attendance. No Eric.

Greg was not really alone in the lab scene. There was another person in there.

Last edited:
No he does not. Really only erockster and secretfuntime are the only two sites he is on, but they are NOT fan sites for HIM. They are more like his online businesses so not really the place to go to communicate with him. He really does not have anything like that. He seems to be a very private person.

I will admit we use to see a lot more of him a few years ago, out in Hollywood at events and stuff. He was really only at 3 events in all of 2008.

I've always considered Eric as a very privet person as you said, Dizz. Personally I think it's cool and we as fans of him, we should respect it. Of course like everyone I'd love to know something more - interviews, meetings etc. But I understand him.

Yeah, in 2008 only in three events. Very very little... Few years back it was easy to find him in many parties etc.

I still really think that he just might have been out of reach, like out of town during the time they contacted him since they said he did not respond. I really do not think he would not respond if he had been available to, especially considering it was about WP leaving. But just the way they make it sound, it was like he did not care.

Well, I guess its possible that they left a message with his agent or something and maybe he didn't get the message. I don't think Eric would have purposely not called them back.

Yeah that is what I am thinking too.

We got some good Greg scenes in this ep...happy Greg scenes. I always love seeing smiling Greg. :D

Yeah and he got the best line of the night when Nick found that fly in his food. Greg said something about knowing now why Grissom liked that place so much. :lol:

Yeah and I love that he gets along well with the new people always. I think the only person he ever has had problems with was Hodges and I think they just tolerate each other at times.

I know this episode was more about Ray, but I was rather surprised not to see any kind of reaction from Greg about the fact that it was an arson case. In the past, it seems like burn cases have really been the hardest on him (like in Spark of Life), presumably because of the lab explosion. That body didn't look that different from Tara in Spark of Life.

Yeah but that was a few years ago. I think he has sort of gotten over that since that case. In season 7, they had two cases about arson and one with a burnt body and he was not affected by that one. I think since his beating, that would more likely affect him than the lab explosion. (He has no scars either so it is like the lab explosion never happened to him.) :lol:

Plus remember last year how he said he liked making "little bombs" as a kid, I was really hoping he would have been the bomb maker in that scene in this ep. At least he was there for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back