H/Cal #5 - DuCaine...Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

I LOVE cookies and DuCaine!

I missed a lot of the past two seasons of CSI: Miami due to work and personal things.. which sucks, but happens...

I was sooo disappointed that they put Eric and Calleigh together. No offence to Eric, but she can do way better than that player. Take Horatio.. for instance.. He's handsome, he's charming, he doesn't have a problem with whipping it out to everyone...! I really was sad that the writers don't do so much with Calleigh and Horatio.. Is there still a chance..?

I also couldn't believe Horatio didn't go to Calleigh at all during "Resurrection." I mean, after she reacted to his 'death,' you would think he could have at least given her the courtesy of explaining himself...

Oh well... I'll still hang on... They belong together...

Hey guys... just popping back in to say hi. I'm still holding out hope for my couple. Wonder if I can send an email or a letter asking why oh why are they keeping Horatio and Calleigh apart? Is it me or are Eric and Calleigh on the downslide this season with the new ME appearing? Can I hope?

hey y'all:)

hopefully the new ME will cause some friction between Cal and Eric then in comes horatio!!!

Im still holdin out for our favorite couple

hey maybe we will get some scenes in wrecking crew with cal watching a man die and not being able to save him and her getting slapped Bring on the Ducaine:)
\

Bring on the Ducaine!!!

O and HCrazy if you're here we need more Ducaine post some stories like Totally Twisted soon we are goin through withdrawl we need ducaine

Hi everyone. I've been in a state of shock for the last few weeks following the travesty that was 'Resurrection'. I sent a complaint to CBS that Friday night regarding the lack of DuCaine scenes. They're probably sick of me!! :p I've pulled through and found the inspiration to post.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is to support this great ship that has been seriously undervalued, underused and underappreciated. I haven't watched the show since, and I plan not to until the writers come to their senses and bring back Horatio and Calleigh's wonderful scenes together. This has never happened on any show I have ever watched with 2 characters not speaking to each other following such catastrophic events like in 'Stand Your Ground', 'All In' and 'Resurrection'. It simply boggles the mind. It's unrealistic and it's unbelievable.

For me, the show doesn't exist anymore. Only this couple matter to me, and I would rather share the amazing moments that we've had all along rather than live in hope for new scenes and be severly disappointed. It's happened too many times before and quite frankly, there's only so much a fan can take. I was sorely tempted to abandon the show completely and watch House MD instead, but I could never abandon DuCaine.

So to conclude this piece of ranting, I'm saying that I'm here until the end. I'm going down with this ship to the depths!!! BANZAI!!! :lol:

This is a lyric from a Girls Aloud song(a British girl group) called 'Call the Shots' for TPTB:

'Just 'coz you’re raising the bet
And call the shots now on me,
It really doesn’t faze me

How you spend your time...'

Before I reminisce with some H/C memories, I just want to say something to HCrazy: you're are amazingly talented and I love you! :D :D That has to be the most beautiful picture I have ever seen. The colouring, the glowing, Calleigh's expression, Horatio's hand on her arm, it's all perfect!! :) Simply beautiful. You know, when I saw the original promo pic, I said to myself, 'Let's pretend that's Calleigh. How long before someone works their magic on it?' And lo and behold, you did! :D Fabulous work

Now, great DuCaine moments... oh yes! Let's go back to the good ol' days of Season 1 with a scene from 'Just One Kiss'. This is following Horatio's conversation with Drake Hamilton, and we have that absolutely sweet scene at the Hummer with the map and hands almost touching! :)
I'll never forget Horatio's smile when he first saw Calleigh. He looked genuinely pleased to see her, and her light 'More Hamilton hardball?' definitely improved his mood following that exchange with Drake Hamilton.(He was a snakey character... hated him.) Of course we all remember Ccalleigh's excitement at going inside the Hamiltons' home... ('Nice suit' ring a bell? :)) Now she says she's 'over them', and it's apparent that she was slightly embarassed at being so awed by the 'royalty' associated with that family. And Horatio's reassurance is gentle, as he was once in that position. This shows that they both had the same experience and have witnessed and dealt with people like the Hamiltons in a similar way, and I felt that their bond grew stronger in that moment. They really are so similar, like Lizzy and Darcy in 'Pride and Prejudice'. :)
On another more fluffy level, who could resist that single second when their hands were so close together. :) I was hoping he'd touch her hand or something, but that in itself was really sweet.

Here are some caps of the scene. Get ready to smile.:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/...CSI Miami - Just One Kiss/justonekiss_108.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/...CSI Miami - Just One Kiss/justonekiss_109.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/...CSI Miami - Just One Kiss/justonekiss_113.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/...CSI Miami - Just One Kiss/justonekiss_116.jpg

That was nice. I feel better now. Nothing like some classic DuCaine to chase the blues away. Just like DuCaineluvr93 said, let's pass around the cookies!! :) Let's keep up the DuCaine spirit with the amazing artwork and fanfics.

Speaking of which, guess what's back... CSI: DuCaine. :) I'll be posting it tonight, and you can check it out in the Fan Fiction section.

See you all soon! DuCaine forever!!
:)

Awww..you are so awesome!!! ^^^^

I miss them terribly too, & it doesn't make sense. Calleigh is H's lead CSI, they've always had a strong bond, always there for each other, full of respect for each other - I will not ever understand it.

Well, so, Im inspired now & I'd try to search for the DuCaine soundtrack - but screw it - Im putting it here anyway.

This is thier "in the future" song that I hope can come true for them :)

Bless the Broken Road/ Rascal Flatts

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

[Chorus:]
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

[Chorus]

Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That led me straight to you

That led me straight to you.

*****DuCaine:adore::adore:*****

Hey Em, Hey MJ... Hugs!!!

OMG, you ladies have me all welled up!!! We are true DuCainer, who may I add never give up!:thumbsup: NEVER!!!:lol:

We will have DuCaine again... it is as simple as that. We must and I know TPTB see and know this too. It is just a matter f time before they come to theri senses. I still have hope! I always will!

Thank you ladies on the Manip too. It was a lot of fun to make and inspired my FF story too!:thumbsup:

Thank you BlackKat! :)

Ducaine lives... Secretly. ;)

HCrazy:cool:

I really hope they get thier scenes back, it's been bad enough the past 2 years with them rarely speaking (seems that way anyway) but I can't imagine them continuing this for the rest of the series run. That's a long time with no interaction between a boss & his lead CSI. :confused:

Hey Em, Hey MJ... Hugs!!!
Right back at ya Babe ;)

I just bumped up the H/Cal song thread
Thank you Ms.ModKat :D

& thankies EM for recapping the good ol' days *sighs* , they are truly missed :(

Oh My God. I just started to cry by only watching Calleigh's reaction to Horatio's 'death'. She really was pretty upset. I hated to watch Horatio reconnectng with everyone except for her, though. Just like Ambush/All In, when all other guys stand by her side, except for Horatio, WHO WOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE HUGGING HER TIGHT! AAAH! Why? Why?? Why??! I mean, I would never believe that this was initially planned when CSI:Miami started. Horatio and Calleigh growing apart and never even talking anymore? I just had to throw up at the last episodes of season 6, as Calleigh sat there in the locker room with Eric: "Do it for us." DO IT FOR US??! Come on... I don't want THAT 'us', I want the Ducaine 'us'!!

As a form of protest, I'll just keep on writing how it should be in my fanfiction. ;)

Hugs to everyone,
Miss Liss

Hello...Hello....Hello..........

Wow its echoey in here. Well H and Cal have actually shared the screen together this season even though they haven't said anything to each other there there:)

HCRAZY I NEED YOU HERE!!!!!

HI ALL!
I thought I would introduce myself as one of the new mods and to *sigh* go over the rules here in Shipper Central.

Most important, all posts must contain at least three lines of posting. Good posting about their relationship, experiences, etc...
Second, no bashing of other ships/characters/actors. We want to make this a fun place.

Most important, have fun. Again, we want to make this a fun place to post.

The rest of the Shipper Central rules can be found [URL="http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=52009"]here[/URL]

Hey guys, well I'm Steph and I'm the other new mod, I see Heather's already went over the rules with you guys, so please stick to them. Just throught I'd drop by and introduce myself, have fun. :D

Hey DuCaineluvr93, I'm HERE! :D :D :D

Yes we had a few DuCaine scenes now and well, I was promised more too! ;)
So hang in there fellower DUCAINER'S.
Never give up hope and never give in- our ship is END GAME!

Here is something to keep our hope alive! ;)

HCrazy

Back