Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Leave, Larry Fishburne In *No Spoilers* Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who Will Fill Grissoms Position???

Personally, I think Grissom will be back..in more episodes then we think, so no one will fill his shoes..because..I think they'll be putting pressure on him to come back..

Re: Petersen leaves CSI for good

I'm probably in a tiny minority here, but I actually got back into the X-Files when Robert Patrick was brought in the replace David Duchovny, and I especially loved the interaction between Scully and Doggett.

me too, i never liked DD all that much, and he was arrogant about filming in Vancouver.

helping Grissom through the crisis will be his true love Sara, played by Fox who is returning for multiple episodes

WP complaining about losing the quality of Vegas, yet he approves of that crap? He is just in it for the money, if he wanted to do theater, don't do a tv show. I wanted him to leave for good, now we can't have a cross-over with other CSI shows, cause he has to have control over the show. He has made some really bad mistakes with the show in the last couple of seasons, i wanted him to leave for good.

I don't know, I'm not one to believe everything I read spoiler wise. That almost sounds like something out of a bad fanfic, and hopefully won't happen. Especially if they "ride off into the desert together with the big foo foo wedding. I think I'll throw up....

I've been hoping for a Vegas/NY crossover for awhile. I heard rumors about one last season, but it didn't happen, either the writers' strike or someone was just making stuff up. I can see it as being possible, with BP and Sinise both being Chicago guys. I don't know if he's got Veto Power over anything, being but one of the EP's on the show, but with as critical as he's been of the spinoffs, I can see him nixing crossovers

I agree about the quality of the show being much better up until Season 5. I guess he's wanted out of the Day to Day production of the show for awhile. I've heard stories that he's pretty much been phoning it in the past couple of years.

And the quality of the spin offs have been WAY better than the last 2 seasons of Vegas. And you can't blame them for Vegas going down the tube, since season 5 was the best, and both were running at that time.

I beg to differ a little. I don't watch Miami. I just couldn't get into it. Horatio and those damned sunglasses.

New York is good, although they've made some decisions there that have been at best described as Ill advised, IMO. Certain aspects of character development and continuity, as well as who gets what storylines are an issue for me.

Vegas has evolved, not all of it good. I like some of the things they've done, and disliked some of the others. I did like Season 7 with Keppler. That was a fun thing, and it's a shame they ended up killing him off. I'm neutral about GSR, mainly because they've stayed true to both characters throughout it. That's why I'm less than happy about everyone from the past coming back. At this point, I wonder if they'll dig up Paul Milander and have him come back as a zombie.

Continuity is an issue, as well as the way they seem to have "Darkened" the look over the past few seasons. What's up with that? The interiors, especially in the lab, seem darker to me, especially in Seasons 6, 7 and 8.

I do agree that if he doesn't want to do the show anymore, he should leave. No point in doing something half heartedly; which is how it feels as though they're going to do his exit.

Catherine should be Supervisor. Nick should be lead CSI. Greg should be CSI Level Two and Riley (the new girl) should be CSI Level One along with Wendy. :) But, as for the new male CSI:

I heard on ET that Kurt Russell and Laurence Fishburne were possibilities. I'm not that into either. Who do you think they should bring in to replace Grissom? Not Jimmy Smits. I know he is the relief pitcher for every show, but let's keep him outta the Vegas crime lab, yeah?

I wouldn't mind Kurt Russell that much, but I seriously doubt he'd do a tv show permanently. I say no to Laurence Fishburne cause although he's a good actor, it would just be a constant reminder of the suckage that was the ending to the Matrix trilogy. :lol: No, seriously, I don't think he would fit as a permanent cast member. Neither would John Malkovich. I could maybe see him as the new undersherrif or something like that or a villian that appears more than once, but not as a permanent cast member. I totally agree about Jimmy Smitts. Do not want him anywhere near CSI!

Kiefer Sutherland can't do it, he's too busy with 24. Horatio should stay in Miami!

Leonard Nimoy, Dick Van Dyke, James Earl Jones, Kate Mulgrew, or Alan Alda. If Dick Van Dyke takes it, they could bring in Barry Van Dyke as a detective, similar to their roles on Diagnosis Murder.

Being a big Trekkie, some other possibilities are Jonathan Frakes, Michael Dorn, Avery Brooks, Scott Bakula, and Diana Muldaur.

Couldn't see Nimoy on there. Dick Van Dyke/Barry Van Dyke, maybe. James Earl Jones, nah... not for CSI. Kate Mulgrew, maybe. Alan Alda, nah not for CSI. Jonathan Frakes, can't really see that. Michael Dorn, possibly could work, but I dunno. Avery Brooks- don't know who that is. Scott Bakula- definite possibilities. Diana Muldaur- don't know who that is.

Hey, while we're talking about Trekkies, what about Conner Trinneer (sorry if I misspelled his name)? Or maybe the guy that played Q. I can never think of his name. John something I think. :lol:

I still say my two favorite ideas are John Schneider or Bill Pullman with Richard Dean Anderson and Scott Bakula as close seconds. :lol:

I've also heard John Malkovich mentioned, but I really think he looks too much like Ecklie

ROTFLMAO! Well, now that you mention it... he sort of does look like Ecklie! :lol: Never thought of that!

Lance Henriksen is another one I could see as the new undersherrif, but not as full time cast member. Mary McDonnell wouldn't be a bad idea. :)

:lol: Bruce Willis. That would be cool if he'd do it. He could have a catch phrase on there like on the Die Hard movies. :lol:

Edward James Olmos, I can't really seem him on there full time either.

I would hate it if they cast Ray Liotta. :lol: But, what about that dude that was on that short lived ME type show. It was called Medical something... I can't remember the show or his name. Ugh! I hate when that happens, but he's got brown hair and really pretty blue eyes...

James Woods... hmmm... maybe. If we're going with a James, I prefer James Marsters. :) :drool: Spikeeeee! :lol:

Samuel L. Jackson! As long as he doesn't walk into Grissom's office and say, "Get these bleep bleep.....bugs out of the office!!!"

ROTFL!

I don't really care much for Kevin Spacey, but... Tom Selleck is an idea. :lol: Or maybe Fred Dryer (remember Hunter?). :lol: I wouldn't mind Steven Williams (the captain from 21 Jump Street), only he's going to be on Supernatural more this coming season, so he'd probably be too busy.

HARRISON. FORD.

I know you were joking, but I actually thought about that. If only he'd do tv. Man is like a fine wine. Gets better with age. :)

Robert Patrick... I could see him on CSI. :)

James Marsters - Excellent actor... and eye candy

I know I mentioned him above, but I'm just so glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this. :lol: I'd even settle for Anthony Stewart Head (Giles). :lol: Or Alexis Denisof (Wesley).

William H. Macy... now there's an idea. Dennis Quaid or Sam Neill would be good too... or ooooh maybe Jeff Goldblum!

Harrison Ford is only 66 - born 1942.

Some of the others mentioned are older:
Dick van Dyke - 83 this December - born 1925
Leonard Nimoy and James Earl Jones - 77 - born 1931
Alan Alda - 72 - born 1936.
All of them are older than John McCain, if you can imagine that. (Alda was born in January, McCain in August). This is not the demographic that Les Moonves wants.
LaSquisita

Harrison Ford is only 66 - born 1942.

I wasn't saying he's old. I was simply saying that to me he looks better now than he did when he was Han Solo. He's always been attractive, but seems to me that he gets better with age. That's all I meant. Wasn't knocking his age at all.

As some know the tv summer press tour is currently going on.

Thankfully CBS and Nina Tassler have more belief in George Eads' ability than some people on here seem to. It also tells what BP will be doing.

The only really new thing that it says it the they have reached "new deals" with the three principals Marg Helgenberger, George Eads, and paul Guilfoyle. And that they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Post Grissom Plans

From everything I've read the new guy, when they hire him, will be more like filling Warrick's shoes not Grissoms. I keep reading that he will not be the supervisor. The only way I see him coming in as supervisor is that they get an 'A-list' name and are forced to do it.

The more they go after an big name the more I feel that they are screaming to the public and their Thursday night competition that Grey's Anatomy has won. That they (CBS, TPTB) feel they can't be competative against them.

Susan

Last edited:

Or maybe the guy that played Q. I can never think of his name. John something I think. :lol:
John de Lancie

But, what about that dude that was on that short lived ME type show. It was called Medical something... I can't remember the show or his name. Ugh! I hate when that happens, but he's got brown hair and really pretty blue eyes...
Neal McDonough? He was on Medical Investigation, Boomtown, and Traveler, three series not given enough of a chance.

John Malkovich - - - - - Marc Vann

malkovich.jpg
ecklie.jpg

Last edited:

Or maybe the guy that played Q. I can never think of his name. John something I think. :lol:
John de Lancie

But, what about that dude that was on that short lived ME type show. It was called Medical something... I can't remember the show or his name. Ugh! I hate when that happens, but he's got brown hair and really pretty blue eyes...
Neal McDonough? He was on Medical Investigation, Boomtown, and Traveler, three series not given enough of a chance.

I think Neal McDonough is joing Desperate Housewives this season so no go for him, but a nice suggestion. I enjoyed all three of those shows he was on and agree they weren't given a chance.

Okay, I like Nicolas Campbell as first choice, but David Strathairn is a close second. I think either one could easily fit into the CSI ensemble.
I second that. So how do we get these suggestions to the powers that be? It may not happen, but at least we'll have known we tried.

As some know the tv summer press tour is currently going on.

Thankfully CBS and Nina Tassler have more belief in George Eads' ability than some people on here seem to. It also tells what BP will be doing.

The only really new thing that it says it the they have reached "new deals" with the three principals Marg Helgenberger, George Eads, and paul Guilfoyle. And that they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Post Grissom Plans

From everything I've read the new guy, when they hire him, will be more like filling Warrick's shoes not Grissoms. I keep reading that he will not be the supervisor. The only way I see him coming in as supervisor is that they get an 'A-list' name and are forced to do it.

The more they go after an big name the more I feel that they are screaming to the public and their Thursday night competition that Grey's Anatomy has won. That they (CBS, TPTB) feel they can't be competative against them.

Susan

Damn straight I agree 100 per cent to everything you wrote here.

I have 1000 per cent faith in George Eads' ability to take on la arger role even a leading role in this show. He's a great actor, a wonderful actor who has taken the little he gets on the show and totally works with it.

It is just that being a fan of us and being snubbed by the writers and other CSI fans gets disheartening after awhile.

Still I'm okay with someone like John Malkovich taking over the show and adding something to it.

But as a Nick/GE fan, you get used to being sidelined like your character does.

^^ new york has been my fave show for the last several years. and i like lindsay, so that isn't an issue for me. Gary Sinise is a WAY better actor than WP, the only reason WP is the big well known star of CSI is because of his character. I love miami, it is a different show, with a different style, you have to like that campy comic book style, which i do. Horatio is probably the most distinctive character out of the CSI series.

He is Grissom, he will always be Grissom, and it was his character that made him so popular and huge. Not many people even know his name, if i mention him, everyone is like 'who?' and then i say 'Grissom'...and then they know who i am talking about. If he really didn't care about the money, than he wouldn't have done a tv show, but would have stayed in theater. If you prefer theater acting...hey don't do a tv show cause it might run for 10 years! But there isn't much money in theater, so now that he is rich, going back to it. But i can't see him doing much after CSI, cause he is as typed casted as William Shatner. I used to be a big fan of his, but with Grissom's character going down the tube, and his interviews showing a rude arrogent side to him, not too mention doing a 'without a trace' cross over, because he is buddies with the lead actor of that show (that is such a kick in the face to csi fans), i am not really a fan anymore. His protests over the spin offs just scream jealousy to me. I could be wrong, but that is the way he comes across.

To eachs ones own, and it's great that some prefer CSI/NY,[ and that we've got a NY thread topic] over the original CSI, but it always will be the best one, to me William Petersen is one of the greatest actors on the earth, and he was born to play Grissom, and on comparing him to Gary Sinise he's good too, different, [apples & oranges] and no offense but doesn't have the handsome look's that Billy does. I feel that the character has evolved and risen to the heights & pinnacle of & in this show, showing his soft romantic personal side, the last two seasons especially S/7 with the miniture house, thing going on, intriguing and so fascinating "who's doing this" extremely mysterious, and I loved this season with the exception of the 4 eps he wasn't in... maybe he feels at this is the time to bail, he's after all 55, and wants to pursue new aspects of his career, and he'll be great in what ever he does, and his movies were a credit to his beginning of this show. Jerry Bruckheimer and Antony Zuiker knew these stunning movies and thought he'd be perfect for this "character" Grissom, and boy did they hit paydirt:thumbsup: and everyone I've ever talked to about him always mention 'TLADILA" and "Manhunter" plus so many more. And after watching him on this show and owning most of his movies, he hardly comes across, as the 'jealous' type. jealous of what? being the highest paid actor in TV, calling the shots of what he can do etc. he's a kind compassionate loving man, it's just he feels, time to move on to other projects! I will continue to follow him, and his career and wish him the best, and hope he does return for an occassional guest spot:bolian:

THE MEN OF CSI

Last edited:

I hope the following does not qualify as a spoiler; the article was not linked in spoiler format. After reading the linked “Post Grissom Plans” article, I wonder why Nina Tassler assumes the character would be male. Is it because of the DNA thing, you think? True, most captured serial killers have been male. But why not a woman? There are probably female serial killers out there, but they probably haven’t been caught because women are trained from birth to be really good at cleaning up after themselves!!! :lol: In addition to my two previously named favorites, Lance Henriksen and Mary McDonnell, I could see Andrea Parker, the, uh, charming Miss Parker from “The Pretender” in the described role. That character was a genius who could definitely become a serial killer after the way she was brainwashed by her horrible father; and AP played her to the max

without going down the whole Vegas v Miami v NY route too much (cos I guess that's for the general forum), but Vegas at it's worst would be a better than what CSI Miami has become alas! Talk about losing quality. From a very good show in it's first 3 seasons, it's become a really bad soap, added to a certain actors rather bizarre performances.

But hey, as I say, thats for the other forum I guess, no need to raise too much to the bait here! So can we not go down that route! This thread is about William Petersen, and anyone who does appreciate CSI Vegas, would know how good he's been for the show over the years, even if you do prefer the other shows.

Be sad if the thread got dragged away from the actual topic by someone trying to bait others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back