Fear Itself

Finch

Funnier in Enochian
Super Moderator
Has anyone seen this show yet? It's a new summer show that premiered on NBC tonight.

You can find information about it here, but basically, the premise of the show is to give viewers a '60 minute horror movie each week' during the summer.

The show is from Lionsgate Films and so far, is being shot in Canada. The three locations (for those interested) are Devon, AB, Edmonton AB and St.Albert, AB.

I'm excited to say that I live in St.Albert and had the rare opportunity to see them filming one of the episodes for the show, which should be airing in the next few weeks. :D It's pretty rare that there's a television/mini-series being filmed in my little city of 57,000 some folks so when we saw the 'car accident' that was staged, we were a bit worried...until we saw the cameras. :lol:

Anyhow, the show seems pretty good so far!

I caught some of it and really liked it. :thumbsup: I didn't realize that every week was going to be a differnt storyline until they showed previews for next weeks ep. It's kind of like Tales from the crypt (sp) But not nearly as cheesy and much better graphics.

Geni, did you watch it? Was it the ep you saw being filmed? I missed some of it, so I'm not sure if there was an accident, but those guys got to that town somehow. Do you live near where that fort looking area is or did they build that for the show? Sry for the Q's, just seems so kewl that you live near where they shoot it.

Next weeks ep is about a huanted house. I love stories/shows about ghost so I'll be sure to tune in for it.

Last edited:
Yeah I watched it last night and thought it was pretty good. I have always liked The Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock, never really watched Tales From The Crypt. So hopefully the stories will be interesting.

Twiztid4togo said:
Geni, did you watch it? Was it the ep you saw being filmed? I missed some of it, so I'm not sure if there was an accident, but those guys got to that town somehow. Do you live near where that fort looking area is or did they build that for the show? Sry for the Q's, just seems so kewl that you live near where they shoot it.

I saw it. :D

But the episode I saw being filmed was one that they'll have on probably in a couple of weeks. The episode that was last night dealt with just the fort. And to answer your other question, lol, that fort is actually called Fort Edmonton (also deemed one of Canada's largest living historical museums) which was established in the 1800s (after having to rebuild a couple of times for various reasons) as a major trading post for the Hudson's Bay Company and was also a popular stop during the Klondike Gold Rush as well as a link between the prairie provinces and was even used for politics.

So yeah, they didn't just build it for the episode, it's a real site. :) (it was even used for that recent Brad Pitt movie 'The Life and Death of Jesse James') I used to go there almost every weekened as a teeny kid and I still go there because it's just a lot of fun to see such an old fort that has a lot of history and most of the buildings are original. (some were destroyed by fire, added from other sites or built for tourists. Ie. Public washrooms, running water, etc.) Plus my dad had his office moved there for a while, lol. Yeah, I ramble a lot.

And I live about...15-ish minutes away from it. :D ('cause I live in St.Albert which is in the 'Edmonton Area')

Last edited:
*bumpy*

I believe there's a new episode tonight. :eek:

Funny story, today my dad was at a meeting for the city and he was talking to the production manager for the show and he gave my dad a hat to give to me. :lol: I was like "aww"

Intersting episode tonight. I missed last weeks. Cause I just found this thread.

It took me a while to figure out the why's and hows. But I enjoyed the haunted house part of it. The effects were good. It kind of reminded me of a scene from Candyman, when she went into the building.

I'll most likely watch next weeks too. As it has peeked my interest. I'm just sorry I missed last weeks. Maybe someone can tell me what it was about.

Thanks Geni for the info. SOunds great and very kewl that you live so close to it. Very kewl about the dude giving you a hat. What does it look like? You should get a pic and post it!!

I suck because I forgot it was on last week..errrr! I hope I remember it this week.

Heh. I took a picture of the hat. :D Hat.

Tonight's episode was really good. I don't believe it's aired in all timezones yet so I won't give away too many details but the acting was really great and the main character was on CSI:Miami. :lol: I forget which episode but it was a newer season. Anyway, a good episode tonight. :thumbsup:It's a good character-centric story as opposed to the other more action oriented ones -- Ie: the first episode with the vampires.

Heh, tonight's the episode with that car crash that I saw being filmed. Aw. My city looks so cute on NBC. :lol:

MacsLovlyAngl said:
I'll most likely watch next weeks too. As it has peeked my interest. I'm just sorry I missed last weeks. Maybe someone can tell me what it was about.

I think the one before the haunted house one was the first episode? It was about vampires in an old fort. Yeah, I don't think there have been that many episodes yet. If there have been and I'm forgetting on in there, please point it out. :)

ETA: I remember the episode the main guy (Dennis) was on! 'Triple Threat'. Ha. Oh and the mom was on 'Money for Nothing'. :lol: I knew I'd like this show. :p

Last edited:
ah sweeeet hat! Thanks for posting that pic Geni.

*Slaps self in head* I missed it again!!! WTF...I'm so pissed at myself. That's two now I've missed. I really wanted to see the one that you saw filmed too. Sad thing is I kept trying to remind myself it was on and I was like Thursday morning I kept thinking about it and my hubby and I was talking about it..

Kewl, they use csim actors. Just about everything I watch I'll spot someone from one of the csi shows. The kid that was in "Nailed" csim was on Dexter, w/ a reoccuring role.

You can watch all of the episodes (all 3 of them, heh) here at NBC as they have their shows streaming much like CBS' Innertube. :) The one that was on was titled 'The Family Man'.

I almost missed it too. I was making dinner and it was almost 8 and I was all "OH CRAP!" and ran downstairs. My family thought I was nuts. :lol:

Thanks so much for the info. I am getting to watch them now ;) Lets hope this week I dont miss it. How many eps will there be of it?

^ I think there are 13 episodes? Something like that.

And yay! I'm glad you get to watch them now. :D I showed my dad the episode because he missed it during vacation and he was laughing at how excited I was to show him. :lol:

I can't help it. It's the only show on that I'm interested in that isn't a repeat.

Gennniiii, you bum. I really want to watch that episode you sent me with the car crash now. I was going to finish watching but my computer was waaay too slow.

It looks promising though! I'm always a fan of scary stuff and if it's by Lionsgate (who also do Saw) then I bet it's creepy. The opening credits are scary enough. Not to mention it's filmed in Canada - major brownie points for them. :D

I finally got to watch the ep where the dude was killed in the car accident that you saw. I thought it was a great ep. Man, I felt so bad for that dude. Can you imagine that and then the ending...that bites!! I also got to see the haunted house one. I thought it was really good. I kind of knew what was going to happen at the end, since that dude had a gun, but damn that woman was wicked!!! As always I missed this weeks ep but at least now I can see them, YAY!

Haha...i saw that episode and immediately went to Geni freaking out. Me and her were in the same school for years lmao. But I was honestly wondering why there was so much glass on the ground when I was walking to the 7-11 which was just half a block where he was filmed in that car accident.

And when I was walking to work, they had trailers blocking my path where I usually walk. Didn't help that it was like 2 feet of snow.

:D

Back