Flack #8 - Flack, Don Flack

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: Flack and Danny together or separetly? :devil: I have a diry mind tonight, probably too much drinking from that drinking game thread. NOw that you mentioned it, yeah I do remember one of the writers saying we'll get some shirtlessness after the strike, I think he was just teasing us though. I personally want to see him take much more off but that's not much relevant to the show... Hold on do the actors read this site?????
What I want to know is, what did Flack Senior do to make him such a legend. And I do apologize for getting spammy, sorry Mods.

First off, welcome Venus to the Flack thread. I'm sure you'll love it here. ;) About that banner of yours, love Gerard Butler but it's too big, if you can't resize it, you've got to remove it since there's a size limit (check it out at the FAQ section.

poison girl said:
^^ it was the way he answered with a "same old" and the look in his face what made me believe their relationship wasn't very good. The fact that he's a cop and the son of a legend and nobody mention it maybe is a hint that they know those two aren't on their best terms. Also in that episode with the time machine he mentioned his mother and brother, but nothing about his father.

I quite agree with you there. :D It seems from the way he answered Moran's question there is probably some tension between father and son. Now the part I want to know is what's behind all that underlying tension. Did Flack do something his old man didn't approve of, or is it the other way around? Please, more info on Flack's background! :lol:

Yeah, it's funny how we seem to end up talking about Flack's hair. I love his current 'do since he looks soooo much better and much more mature-looking. I can't stand the sideburns. :lol: All this talk about his hair makes me think, 'hey, he's got so much more going for him than his hair!' Kidding! :lol:

I wouldn't worry about Devon reappearing since she was merely used as a plot device in the whole Bond themed ep, YODO.

As much as I would love to see Flack shirtless I think that wouldn't happen any time soon. I agree it's quite the trouble just to show him with his scar. The make-up people would have to get in some hard work just to show Flack all scarred up. But then one could dream,right? :lol: Flack and Danny shirtless in a scene together? *faints* Anyway, that would be so awesome! It's like getting a two-for-one deal. :lol:

Oh, btw, I've noticed that it's getting a bit spammy in here. :p :lol:

I think they could do the scar thing...if they really wanted to. i saw Emily Procter on Rachael Ray and she said they used chicken skin as burn scars on their 'cadavers'...so i think it's possible - it would just just take some time and effort on the part of the makeup crew. :cool:

As much as I would love to see Flack shirtless, it probably wouldn't add much to any plot lines...I can happily stick to my imagination where he's much more than just shirtless :p in order to see other things develop...

I'd rather know more about the family, esp. the relationship between Papa Flack and Don. Season 1 is a season I haven't seen too much of...unlike 2 and 3 which I've watched over and over...and over...:lol: So I can't really recall when he mentions his father in that epi, but he does seem like he'd be the type to try and surpass anything his dad did career-wise, just to make an imprint, a name for himself, to individualize himself from his Dad. I see Flack as a bit of an overachiever/overcompensator at times...I think he tries to make up for maybe things he sees as lacking in himself (ie: educational background)...just a thought :p

I'd love to find out what Flack thinks of living in the shadow of his legendary cop of a father. I mean, why would he want to become a cop in the first place if he didn't idolize his father growing up and want to be just like him or even be better than him? Right? :lol: But then again, most people follow in their parents' footsteps when it comes to choosing a profession. ( and I'm no exception. :lol:)

flackfan_82 said:
I see Flack as a bit of an overachiever/overcompensator at times...I think he tries to make up for maybe things he sees as lacking in himself (ie: educational background)...just a thought :p

I see him that way too! :lol: What he lacks in education, he totally makes up for with his street-smarts. He is thorough and dedicated to his job. Plus, he's really good at it. I think his parents would be proud of him. Now, I want to know more about that possible tension between him and Papa Flack and what brought that about.

One of the writers promised us shirtless Danny and shirtless Flack once the strike was resolved. Here's hoping they follow through. :p I don't think the makeup girls would mind the work of applying a fake scar to Eddie's chest and tummy; I bet they'd put in overtime. :devil: With great attention to detail too, I'm sure.

Someone mentioned that there is the tantalising possibility that Flack Snr and Messer Snr were acquianted in the old days. Maybe Flack's friendship with Danny is a point of contention with his father? Daddy Flack may not approve of his son associating with a mobster's boy, even if he is a cop himself. We know Danny's father is still around as he was mentioned in RSRD. A storyline focusing on the two families would be really interesting (and might be a very good way to resolve the issue of Louie).

Good point penguin. Maybe that could be a reason why there is tension between Flack and his old man. Just goes to show that there is that generation gap between them.

It would be really interesting to have a story line involving Flack Sr. and Messer, Sr. and their back story. Yes, it would be a great way to tie up some of those loose ends from RSRD. Great way to showcase continuity on the show.

I never thought Flack would be interested in such a bimbo as Devon.

I think him and Angel would make a great couple. They seem to have good chemistry.

I love the scene where they (Flack and angel) are sitting in the car following a suspect and flirting. Not sure of the episode name, but when she says , "Is that a line flack?" and he blushes. so cute! :)

awww thanx for that clip...total blush moment...i luv it...and I love that girl for doing the most appropriate thing,checkin out Flack's ass as he exits the car, ;) That thank you he says at the end is so sweet and soft...he's all kinds of adorable. :D

Its actually surprising seeing him re-act that way.
He's a pretty serious guy :rolleyes:...seeing him smile...even more so blush is rare. :eek:

she's got a way with him....... :devil: it would be interesting to see where this will go. :p :devil:

she totally has him hooked already...but she's pretty smokin hot as well...he's probably playing the sweet and innocent role for her ;)...like putty in his hands...:devil:

he may deny it, but he's got a way with women, and he probably doesn't work too hard to get very far with the ladies...I'm sure Angell knew that was played off judging by her reaction, I just love that line "Did you just bust out your game?" :lol:

penguinpie:
^ Yep, Mama and Daddy Flack have some quality genes going there. And yay for casual!Flack. We need to see more of it.

I wonder if Flack hero-worshipped his Dad when he was a kid, but maybe Dad screwed up somewhere along the line. Or Flack found out something about his Father that he couldn't approve of? A rift might have developed when Flack discovered his Dad was human after all. It's annoying that we only have one throw away line in a season one episode. Curse you, TPTB!!

Guess :confused:, How would we see the Flack and his father?
I think, that the Flack's father already retire at home.A day,the Flack's father by assassinate at in home. Then, the Flack for father find murderer.
Or, the Flack had trouble, his father will encourage him in his apartment..... :p

Venus :
I never thought Flack would be interested in such a bimbo as Devon.

I think him and Angel would make a great couple. They seem to have good chemistry.

I love the scene where they (Flack and angel) are sitting in the car following a suspect and flirting. Not sure of the episode name, but when she says , "Is that a line flack?" and he blushes. so cute!

Belated welcome, Venus ! ;) :lol:
Concerning the Flack actually will and who together....Er....,I think regardless is who, I will bless him. I hope most that his can and Danny at together.I do not hope most , he and that megalomania the doctor is together. he is I most disgusting role. :( :mad:

something occured to me yesterday when I was watching COTP on Showcase...at the end of the epi, the whole team gather at the hospital to see how Flack is doing. Stella says they don't have to stay because he is recieving round the clock care, Mac replies that they don't HAVE to stay, and later Mac thanks Stella for sticking around, to which she replies "That's what we do, look out for each other" (not a direct quote, but the jist...)

A thought struck me as I watched the exchange between everyone regarding Flack's condition ... Where is Flack's family? They are noticeably absent from his bedside... surely enough time had passed that they would have been notified ???(he spent time in surgery and was in the ICU by that point.) There is not even a mention of them from Mac or Danny, or anyone else...Like when Danny is at Louie's bedside, saying that their parents are on their way...It makes me think about the comment Flack makes in "Time's Up", regarding traveling back in time to have a home cooked dinner with his mum, and of all the discussion in this thread regarding his potential relationship with his dad...

Just an observation, but do you guys think that his relationship with his family would be so strained that they wouldn't even show up at his bedside at such a critical moment for him? It really makes me want to know more about that relationship now...my interest is supremely peaked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back