Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only read the interview; I haven't listened to the podcast. Is there a lot more in the podcast?

I don't get interviewers who don't ask follow up questions. That interview didn't seem to be very in depth, and Anna's answers matched it. I think the interview shows there's just not a lot of enthusiasm about her character, period. They don't have a lot to ask and she doesn't have a lot to say. I think the official CSI magazine is doing an interview with her for their first NY issue (which comes out in March); I'll be interested to see what's said.

Like I said, I haven't listened to the podcast, but I'm guessing what she means by chemistry is that there's a lot of off-screen chemistry with the cast and that if there isn't (ie, the people hate each other), it can still be faked on screen, but the NY cast doesn't have to because they all like each other.

That being said, her answers still lack depth and the only thing she really has to say about Lindsay is that she got together with Danny, so that pretty much sums up right there how little there is to her character and how much thought Anna puts into Lindsay.

Like you guys were saying a few posts back, actors who are really enthusiastic about their roles put a lot of thought into them and talk with the writers about them. Many of them actually seek out the writers as opposed to vice versa to talk about ideas they've had or even concerns. I've had several people say that in interviews. It really does feel like Anna's just phoning it in for a paycheck.

^ The podcast is about 5 minutes long, so there is a bit more in there. But nothing of interest really, there aren't follow up questions and Anna mostly sounds a little bored in my opinion. I'm not necessarily sure that is entirely her fault though, it's just not a great or interesting interview...I didn't even listen to it all because it really was that dull.

In Anna's defence, I agree with Top, with the chemistry question I don't think Anna is referring to NY, but more generally that, as they are actors, if the chemistry wasn't there then it wouldn't be a problem because they would just act it. That being said, if the chemistry is there, then I'm not seeing it. At least not for Lindsay. Which is a shame, because the rest of the team have a fantastic, believable chemistry going on. ;)

It's been interesting checking out both Lindsay threads these past couple of days to read the exact opposite interpretations of the same interview.

I'm assuming, too, that she meant off screen when she talked about the chemistry. I just find it hilarious that she has no on screen chemistry with the majority of the cast even though they evidently have off screen chemistry. And the whole "you just sort of act it." Wow, way to commit to and internalize your role, Anna.

As far as the difference in opinion: IMO, as long as she said she assumed Danny and Lindsay are together the vast majority of her fans would find the interview to be a good one.

I was looking for something in the Carmine interview back in June and came across this, that I had forgotten about:

CSI Files: Fans are very divided on the romance--some are thrilled with it and love it while other people think it's a bad development. How did you feel when the writers decided to play up this relationship with Danny and Lindsay?

Giovinazzo: I think it's something they don't normally do [in CSI shows] so it's good. I think it helps Lindsay's character. I think they're still trying to find more specifically who she is and it gives her something to hold on to.

Even Carmine says they're still trying to find out who Lindsay is. :rolleyes: When he gave this interview, Anna had already played Lindsay for two full seasons. I just don't understand why it would take so long to figure out who she is. :confused: One would think that between TPTB and Anna, somebody would know who the hell Lindsay is.

PerfectAnomaly said:
I'm assuming, too, that she meant off screen when she talked about the chemistry. I just find it hilarious that she has no on screen chemistry with the majority of the cast even though they evidently have off screen chemistry.

I can summon up lots of chemistry with my coworkers after a couple of beers, even the ones I don't like very much. ;)

Between Anna and the interviewer, the word "milquetoast" came instantly to mind. Boring as all get out. The only enthusiasm she seemed able to summon was for her daughter and the interview was about her job! Could she not fake it, even a little? But I imagine that if she can't fake it on screen for a paycheck, then that interview was out of luck from the get go.

I also agree about the interviewer: the art of the follow-up is completely missing here, and the entire thing suffers for it. I'm left with exactly the same feeling as I do for Anna's presence on the show: a resounding "meh."

It really showed how little enthusiasm she has for her character. As someone else pointed out, the other actors know their characters but she doesn't. It was already obvious anyway but with that interview, we have the proof.

Either Anna doesn't give a damn about the character of Lindsay (which she didn't really have to do since they paired her with Danny) or she's just a crappy actress. Certainly there's another actress that could make Lindsay likable and actually like portraying her.

Elsie said:
... with the chemistry question I don't think Anna is referring to NY, but more generally that, as they are actors, if the chemistry wasn't there then it wouldn't be a problem because they would just act it. That being said, if the chemistry is there, then I'm not seeing it. At least not for Lindsay. Which is a shame, because the rest of the team have a fantastic, believable chemistry going on.

I second this. The reason I found her answer on cast chemistry rather amusing to begin with is because I see her having next to zero with the rest of the NY cast/characters and ya know, reading her saying that it's okay to not have any and just fake it ... yeah, it's like a funny coincidence that's just too much of a coincidence, ya know? :p

PerfectAnomaly said:
As far as the difference in opinion: IMO, as long as she said she assumed Danny and Lindsay are together the vast majority of her fans would find the interview to be a good one.

:lol: Feel the burn of reality, ladies and gentlemen! It's good for the mind! (But yes, I do agree. It does make sense they'd change the context of her answer to appeal to more of her fans ... or rather I should say, the Danny fans. :eek:)

1csimfan said:
Giovinazzo: I think it's something they don't normally do [in CSI shows] so it's good. I think it helps Lindsay's character. I think they're still trying to find more specifically who she is and it gives her something to hold on to.

Heheheh.

I'll say this much: Mr. Giovinazzo is a smart man who knows how to walk the line while still managing to send a clear message between the lines. ;)

wickeeed said:
they both aren't particularly stunning..so there's the resemblance..but..b@##$oody h##@ll..get a life all of you....BOOOOOOOORIIIIINGGGG....Anna this...Anna that..Lindsay..this..yawn...YAWn...

Warning for trolling. Not an impressive first post. To all in the thread, thanks for not feeding. ;)

1CSIMfan said:
I was looking for something in the Carmine interview back in June and came across this, that I had forgotten about:

CSI Files: Fans are very divided on the romance--some are thrilled with it and love it while other people think it's a bad development. How did you feel when the writers decided to play up this relationship with Danny and Lindsay?

Even Carmine says they're still trying to find out who Lindsay is. :rolleyes: When he gave this interview, Anna had already played Lindsay for two full seasons. I just don't understand why it would take so long to figure out who she is. :confused: One would think that between TPTB and Anna, somebody would know who the hell Lindsay is.

Good point, 1CSIMfan. The idea that her character needs a prop while none of the other characters do speaks pretty loudly. Outside of Danny, there's really little or nothing to her character. The whole dark secret thing is done and I think it's very apparent that there's nothing else there.

^^ Its really pathetic but the only thing Lindsay has going for her is this thing with Danny I refuse to call it a relationship just because of that pool night. Her big dark secret is over but it was hugely overshadowed by her so called love interest, which receives much more hype than what her past story had and that is really sad.

Wow my first post in about 6 months!...

The only thing this interview has done for me is create even more negative feeling between myself (as the viewer) and the character, I found Lindsey difficult to watch as she was just there to fill a role and give Danny a love interest (he already had one dammit! ;)), the character added nothing to the show, but hey she filled the eostogen quota - that isn't meant to offend anyone btw - her story line that could have given her credability was messed up not only by TPTB but the actress herself, if she doesn't know who Lindsey is how are we going to relate or understand her? Before she was just the anomoly (I know I've spelt that wrong)of being the least talented actor/ess on the show - I have never seen Anna's other work and there for am judging her by the high standards the rest of the cast set - now she is the least talented actor/ess who doesn't give a *£$!.

Wow thanks for that Anna, way to make Lindsey even more appealing. I think not. I would waffle on but you have all made good points and summed up my feelings on the subject far better than I could.

Just wanted to add my tuppence worth.

Come on people.. be fair.. Lindsay has brought three things to the show:

1. the scrunch face (where would the world be if it wasn't for the face")
2. the "dark secret" (that wasn't so dark if you ask me.. it was dark though for my brain cells.. I remember Silent Night.. I wanted to destroy the TV set)
3. a hole for Danny's.... (and to be honest.. Danny could have better holes)

miss_blue said:
happy117.gif
cloud9.gif

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that by hole you mean her apartment and you were in such a rush that you forgot to add the word keys after Danny :lol::lol::lol:

But really, speaking of apartments. In the first episode she said she wanted one in Manhattan. Aren't those like uber expensive?????? Where is she getting money like that? She's a CSI not Donald Trump.

miss_blue said:
Come on people.. be fair.. Lindsay has brought three things to the show:

2. the "dark secret" (that wasn't so dark if you ask me.. it was dark though for my brain cells.. I remember Silent Night.. I wanted to destroy the TV set)

:lol: I guess that's true--we wouldn't know it's possible to only have one emotional expression or that the real dark secret was Anna's inability to emote. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back