"Bull" Discussion *SPOILERS*

The episode was okay. Not one of my favs but it did have some good points in there. Hodges and the "more cowbell" was great that was one of my fav sketches on SNL and he even said in CW voice!!!!!

I enjoyed it

I would like to see Nick use his accent more and I wish he would display more what is expected being a southern frat boy son of a judge (though not a stereotype) like make him vocally support the death penalty or mention High School Football

Or be like Billy Ray Cryus on Doc but with crime instead of medicine

A Nick back in Dallas spinoff would be cool though there are now too many CSI's

I thought this was a really good episode. Yes, all the funny bits that have been mentioned: cowbell (great CW impression), the Nick/Wendy/Greg scene, and the Doc and Cath banter. But I was really surprised how much I liked this episode on the whole. I am usually not a country music fan, but I loved Shooter Jennings and I thought Jewel sang beautifully. I have no interest in the sport of bullriding, but I thought the case was pretty interesting. Oh, and I can't believe that no one has mentioned Cath's instructions to Hodges on how to use scissors....

The case of The Bull vs. Brokeback mountain

Catherine crying at Brokeback mountain…. Who didn’t. This movie, was the main stream attempt at recognising Gay relationships. Some strong minded gay rights activists insist that it would be better with either openly gay or gay men and women in the staring roles… Me, it was a great movie… So linking it back to CSI, Catherine is in support of gay relationships.

David Hodges delicately declaring that the movie made him cry. That is open to all kinds of interpretation from; the choice of movie he saw, to the acting, to his date enjoying the film more than he did… Or he liked it a lot and cried… Hodges I find so hard to uncover what exactly is this character about.

I laughed out loud when Wendy came into the room, searching for Catherine, calling them buckaroo’s and informed them about the stains on the cowboy’s trousers… Did you see Nick’s reaction… Priceless… His voice etched up slightly.. Maybe he doesn’t want people to think he does that with Wendy was telling them

I could go on, but I've given my full run down on the shipper section... Remember folks the evidence never lies...

Great episode 10 out of 10...

Very cool ep. I loved the music, the skeletal visuals were cool, and the cameos were nice. Loved Hodges Christopher Walken impression.

Warrick's eyes looked so bloodshot in that epi bless him! Loved the reference to GSR through the poetry! But I didn't think they'd broken up, I just thought she'd quit her job and gone to Frisco for a bit? Hmmmmm Also Nick's accent is beautiful when he lets it come out!!! 10 outta 10

pabzi said:
What do you mean it is sad to say? That he cried? Tell me what you mean by that you get it :p

I love him too!

I meant that it was Sad to Say that my brother had to explain it to me! :confused: :lol:

I didn't catch the part where they were talking about crying, so I wasn't sure what they were talking about. Then he told me, and I was like, "How did he catch something I didn't, it's CSI!!!" My head must have been in the clouds, sorry if I offended you or Hodges, I didn't mean too.

I think it's cool that guys admit they cry. :)

WOW
this episode was funny, and quirky and full of great one-liners.

The poem was very sweet, and I can't believe that no one has written a poem for Cath???

I loved Nancy. Her attitude and delivery had me laughing. Especially the "I'm not a one bull kind of gal" or something like that.
Her line to Grissom about the testicales had me roaring, that was so good.

Nicky was adorable with his Texan accent. :D

I kinda wished there was a little more science but all the one-liners about cowboys and sex and stuff kept me entertained.

Hodges never ceases to amuse me. The Brokeback Mountain comments were too precious and just like him to say that too.
He and Cath were also hilarious in the evidence room. What is it between those two lately???

Overall a quirky fun episode of CSI.

I was disapointed completely, for this last ep. for now, first of all Jewell screwed up the "STAR SPANGLED BANNER" it's not a blues song, I cringed.. and bull riding , no bull wants to be ridden, what's the point, I'm not a rodeo/country person, so this was stagnant and stupid and boring, and I watched it twice, to get a true perspective. Nick however was the shinning star of this ep. ;) followed by Greg, & Brass. Grissom seemed so disconnected and off his game, he misses Sara, I miss her too :( the Hodges and Cath moment.. of course as usual, he has to say something he thinks is profound, always bragging on himself, perhaps because of his in-adequacies? and Cath's hair.. way to flat and stringy, she's always had such beautiful hair. & Wendy with the farm animals explanations to Greg and Nick. un- comfortable to much info :confused: the Nick and Gris moment how "poetry can help" conotations of his longing for his girl. It's so clear that he misses her. The bar brawl, how classy, a bunch of low-life chicks with it seemed, nothing else to do. Nick talking down Troy, stellar moment, and welcoming Warrick back ;) Nicole Sullivan, as the tough rodeo/bull boss, good role for her. She was very convincing. and Brass..'Well howdy partner, this is a new experience for me, I just caught a cattle rustler" :lol: and the poem from Cody to his "bull" the way Grissom read it, paralleled the letter he read while on his sabbatical, the pauses, the tone" "your cowboy in the sun" I love hearing him read.. but.... not my fav. CSI, and they never explained what happened to the stripper who Warrick was accused of killing.. just swept it under the rug, as usual :( that's why, for me, I loved the continuity of S/7, that continued, and let us the viewers in on the latest MCSK..

Jewel's version of the song is creative license plus it's up to the producers and director how they wanted it to sound. It was more Country than Blues, since it was a rodeo after all.

Indians have been riding bulls, calf roping, etc since history has been written. It's human nature to want to tame something that is larger and a threat. Same thing with jousting and horse racing, humans want to dominate.

Wendy was trying to fit in, she does have a dream of being in te field some day. So trying to make some small talk with the other CSIs is her way of reaching out and showing that she has the brains and brawn to join the ranks.

Just because Warrick's issues weren't brough to light in this ep doesn't mean it's not on the table for whenever the show returns. This seemed to be the happy ep that they al get to enjoy time out of the normal crime scene. I for one enhoyed seeing a change of pace and the characters getting to try new things, as well as the actors streching to see where they could take themselves to.

S7 was alright, there were a few good eps but S8 is winning me over more so. Despite being cut short it's had more memorable experiences, trials, and tribulations than the other seasons combined. This is the season that was made for the fans, ful of everything that we want to see an remember.

ericisacutie said:
pabzi said:
What do you mean it is sad to say? That he cried? Tell me what you mean by that you get it :p

I love him too!

I meant that it was Sad to Say that my brother had to explain it to me! :confused: :lol:

I didn't catch the part where they were talking about crying, so I wasn't sure what they were talking about. Then he told me, and I was like, "How did he catch something I didn't, it's CSI!!!" My head must have been in the clouds, sorry if I offended you or Hodges, I didn't mean too.

I think it's cool that guys admit they cry. :)

Oh, you didn't offend us at all! I just didn't get what you were saying.

Jewel and the star spangled banner...no comment...

Yes I agree with you.... Season 8 is turning out to be a very good season indeed. Maybe its because at long last we're finally getting to see Greg for more than 3 minutes per episode... look how many cases he's been working on with Nick this season???

I for one am not complaining, a big yes goes out to all Greg and Nick fans regardless of their shipper status....

Untacking from the top please feel free to continue discussing this episode. ;)

Back