Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering but has anyone notices a paradigm shift in Dean and Sam’s character’s in season 3. Sam seems to be getting a little heartless like when he was totally fine with the idea of Killing Gordon and Dean is getting a little bit more remorseful with his actions (but I think that has something to do with the fact that he knows he only has 1 yaer to live).

Just making an observation :)

They just aired "Fresh Blood" here last night, and I noticed that Sam didn't turn 'nasty' as it were, until Gordon tried to kill Dean. That set Sam right off. Sam is becoming extremely protective of Dean from what I can see, and I think he may just prove how far he will go to save his brother before the season is out.

And I think Bela just messed up any chance she ever had of ever being with Dean, don't you?

I heard this morning that the writer's strike has pretty much been resolved. \o/ Word is that there'll be 21 episodes this season instead of 22. Not sure if all of this is confirmed yet, but that's the speculation anyways. Whoo!

I can't wait until the Christmas special. :p I read a bit of an interview with Sera Gamble once where she mentioned it, so yup, it's real. I really have no idea where they're gonna go with this though. Holiday cheer with fluff and happiness? Or maybe evil elves or the Ghost of Christmas Past. :lol:

I heard that the Christmas episode has got something to do with an Anti-Santa and/or a couple who think they're Pagan gods. ;) There is also a flashback of young Sammy. // Copied and pasted from TV.com's Supernatural page: In this Christmas-themed episode, Sam and Dean encounter a twisted couple that insist they are Pagan gods and share a craving for human meat. Flashbacks follow the Winchesters during Christmas 16 years ago when Sam first learned that demons existed and that his father hunted them. // And this is from The Futon Critic: SAM AND DEAN HUNT AN ANTI-SANTA It's Christmas time and Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a series of murders where the victims were pulled up through the chimney. Sam realizes they are dealing with a sort of Anti-Santa, a demon with roots in pagan lore. Dean wants to celebrate Christmas the old fashioned way as this is his last, but Sam refuses, not wanting to accept that Dean won't be around next year. Sam flashes back to a certain Christmas when he waited for his father to come home to give him a special gift. J. Miller Tobin directed the episode written by Jeremy Carver (#308).

The episode is airing December 13. :)

My fingers are crossed Australia picks up that episode around then too. It looks really good. I love flashback episodes.

i watched the first i think 10 episodes and i couldnt get into it the episodes moved 2 slow for me and the whole finding the father plot didnt happen often or wasnt mentioned much

^ It's unfortunate that you didn't get into the episodes. I can only say it got waaay better from there, though. :) When I first saw the show, I didn't think the 'we have to find dad' plotline was very interesting and to tell you the truth, whenever I saw Jeffrey Dean Morgan's name in the credits, I rolled my eyes. :lol: I was much more interested in the boys' dynamic with each other instead of with some character we had bits and pieces of and to me he seemed more like a road block, heh. (At least at the time)

I agree that the episodes did move a little slow in season one, but that's all part of developing new characters for a new show as well as these writers tackling a new idea in a less than fruitful timeslot. I doubt they thought they'd get past The Pilot. :lol: Seems Kripke wanted to get his ducks in a row to avoid another flop. See: Boogyman.

I think both plotlines intertwined with each other, though. Ie: Initially they had to find their dad but in order to do that, they need to follow what he was following or telling them to follow.

So while he may not have been mentioned too much, their motive for hunting was always the same--to find dad. (at least in season one. :lol:)

That was very long-winded.

BabaORiley said
You don't like vampires? Wow. I love 'em. All dark and gothic/romantic. I've always dug the vampire thing.

But don't worry, we can still be friends!

Definitely. :D

I actually prefer some of the episodes in Season One to Season Two, actually. I feel that they were darker. Episodes like "Bloody Mary", "Hook Man" and "Scarecrow" are great, especially when watched at night during a thunderstorm. In terms of humourous episodes, "Tall Tales" wins over "Hell House", although the Season Three episode "Bad Day at Black Rock" leaves both those two behind.

Just out of curiousity, which of the boys do you think is more like John? I used to think Dean, but recent events now have me leaning toward Sam. What does everyone else think?

You know, in Germany they're just airing season 1, and after "Bloody mary" I had a friend on icq, and I teased her, "Know what I'll do now? I'll say Bloody Mary to the mirror - three times!" "Nooooo! Don't you do that! No, please!" I didn't answer for 3 minutes and she completely freaked out! *g*
Gosh I just watched "What is and what should never be" - that had me in tears 3/4 of the time! That was so sad... I'll watch "All hell breaks loose" tomorrow, I guess that'll be even harder... maybe. But "What is..." made me think a lot about the twists and turns of fate, made me wonder what my life would be like if I'd be given a second chance..?

SandleDL, your signature banner is a little too large, the maximum allowed size in width is 220 pixels. The height is fine. Please resize it. Thank you :)

Hey, did anyone buy the inaugural issue of the Supernatural official magazine, published by Titan? I managed to find it at one of the local comic shops. It's a little pricey considering it's an import magazine, but I think it's worth it. :D They interviewed Jared and Jensen, Eric Kripke, Kim Manners and the special effects supervisor...oh, Alona Tal and Katie Cassidy were also featured in interviews. There's also a recap of the events that happened throughout the series so far. Great read! ;)

Btw, Titan also publishes the official CSI magazine. They just came out with the first issue (a bit of trouble locating that here), and the 2nd and 3rd issues features exclusively on CSI: Miami and CSI: NY respectively. :)

^^^ Imported from where, if I may ask?

Anything new in the intereviews that stood out to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back