Jorja and the Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

T'Bonz

Administrator
Administrator
The owner of the BBS and I have discussed this and it has been decided that it is OK to both discuss and link to the site that is running the campaign.

So reverse my former statement on it. ;)

Spamming is still to be discouraged. This would be posting the same stuff in more than one place.

But it's now OK to discuss the campaign and if desired, to encourage the campaign, both with words and if desired, with your pocketbook.

We (Tally & Myself) ask if you are going to discuss this please do so in this thread since it is established for it and has the go ahead in it. Keeping it to one thread will help with any miscommunications and those possible arguments.

*raises tentative hand*

Why? I mean, why have the minds been changed? Most people were happy without it being constantly in our faces.

^ I didn't notice that actually but then again, as always that's just me and I am in support of the campaign, so I suppose I'm biased :p I do know it is frustrating some people with the constant talk of the campaigns, but think of it this way-- the fans are trying to make an impact, and David Rambo actually did send an email to YTDAW regarding the banner flyover. That's pretty big, so at least we're getting a response. I know that if any other actor on the show were to be leaving, they would get just as much support from their respective fans. But I do appreciate the fact that is is annoying to some people, because we do get quite passionate about these things :lol:

The main idea about the campaigns is to show support. Yes, I know people say that all the time, but from me-- personally-- the main reason I'm participating in these campaigns is to show my support for Jorja, whatever it is she chooses to do. The Dollars For Sense campaign-- basically just my excuse to send a letter :p (spoken like a true fangirl :rolleyes:)

I really just feel that the campaigns are coming from the fans' hearts. I'm probably about the biggest Jorja fan you will find anywhere. Everyone I've talked to have their own reasons for participating, and it's not just to keep Jorja on CSI: ;)

So TBonz, I appreciate it :)

Drumchik said: *raises tentative hand*

Why? I mean, why have the minds been changed? Most people were happy without it being constantly in our faces.
I will leave the first part of "Why" to Bonz if she so chooses to answer.

But as to the last comment, this is why we (Tally and I) are keeping it to this thread, so that it doesn't invade any other threads, for those wanting to discuss it, it can be done in here, those wanting to not discuss it or deal with it, there are the other threads. Look at it like a win win situation for everyone. ;)

Thank you for making this an isolated thread where it can be discussed in a (hopefully) calm way where it won't invade the areas of unrelated threads and people who don't want to participate or react won't have to.

Honestly, while I'm for the campaign, I don't really think that there's very much to discuss - if Jorja leaves, I leave. Since I don't want to stop watching, I'd prefer her to stay.

I actually thought it was her decision - that's just the reason I asked. Thanks for the answer, Destiny.

^ I guess we'll never really know what the reasons are and whose decision it was, Drumchik. After all it hasn't even been officially announced that she is leaving. :)

But in terms of showing support for the character. I think it will be great for Jorja to know that so many people support her and appreciate the job she has done, regardless of what may happen in the future.

Drumchik said:
*raises tentative hand*

Owner decision. He feels that the campaign, whether successful or not, is valid and furthermore that it is legitimate (my concern, but evidently he looked into it.)

As for it being constantly in your faces, the mods should be able to make sure that it doesn't overrun the forum(s). Like with anything else, there is plenty of room for it and those who are interested can go to those thread(s) and those who are not can avoid them. Saying it's OK to discuss it and/or get involved with it does not open up the door to spam.

i will miss her very much if she leave she has come Tobe my favorite but will wish jorja all the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back