Jorja and the Campaign

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by T'Bonz, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

The owner of the BBS and I have discussed this and it has been decided that it is OK to both discuss and link to the site that is running the campaign.

So reverse my former statement on it. ;)

Spamming is still to be discouraged. This would be posting the same stuff in more than one place.

But it's now OK to discuss the campaign and if desired, to encourage the campaign, both with words and if desired, with your pocketbook.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

We (Tally & Myself) ask if you are going to discuss this please do so in this thread since it is established for it and has the go ahead in it. Keeping it to one thread will help with any miscommunications and those possible arguments.

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

*raises tentative hand*

Why? I mean, why have the minds been changed? Most people were happy without it being constantly in our faces.

4. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

^ I didn't notice that actually but then again, as always that's just me and I am in support of the campaign, so I suppose I'm biased :p I do know it is frustrating some people with the constant talk of the campaigns, but think of it this way-- the fans are trying to make an impact, and David Rambo actually did send an email to YTDAW regarding the banner flyover. That's pretty big, so at least we're getting a response. I know that if any other actor on the show were to be leaving, they would get just as much support from their respective fans. But I do appreciate the fact that is is annoying to some people, because we do get quite passionate about these things :lol:

The main idea about the campaigns is to show support. Yes, I know people say that all the time, but from me-- personally-- the main reason I'm participating in these campaigns is to show my support for Jorja, whatever it is she chooses to do. The Dollars For Sense campaign-- basically just my excuse to send a letter :p (spoken like a true fangirl :rolleyes:)

I really just feel that the campaigns are coming from the fans' hearts. I'm probably about the biggest Jorja fan you will find anywhere. Everyone I've talked to have their own reasons for participating, and it's not just to keep Jorja on CSI: ;)

So TBonz, I appreciate it :)

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I will leave the first part of "Why" to Bonz if she so chooses to answer.

But as to the last comment, this is why we (Tally and I) are keeping it to this thread, so that it doesn't invade any other threads, for those wanting to discuss it, it can be done in here, those wanting to not discuss it or deal with it, there are the other threads. Look at it like a win win situation for everyone. ;)

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Thank you for making this an isolated thread where it can be discussed in a (hopefully) calm way where it won't invade the areas of unrelated threads and people who don't want to participate or react won't have to.

Honestly, while I'm for the campaign, I don't really think that there's very much to discuss - if Jorja leaves, I leave. Since I don't want to stop watching, I'd prefer her to stay.

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I actually thought it was her decision - that's just the reason I asked. Thanks for the answer, Destiny.

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^ I guess we'll never really know what the reasons are and whose decision it was, Drumchik. After all it hasn't even been officially announced that she is leaving. :)

But in terms of showing support for the character. I think it will be great for Jorja to know that so many people support her and appreciate the job she has done, regardless of what may happen in the future.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Exactly - I think the campaign is less about trying to keep her than it is to show some appreciation.

10. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

Owner decision. He feels that the campaign, whether successful or not, is valid and furthermore that it is legitimate (my concern, but evidently he looked into it.)

As for it being constantly in your faces, the mods should be able to make sure that it doesn't overrun the forum(s). Like with anything else, there is plenty of room for it and those who are interested can go to those thread(s) and those who are not can avoid them. Saying it's OK to discuss it and/or get involved with it does not open up the door to spam.

11. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

12. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Thanks for explaining, TBonz and Destiny. Much appreciated.

13. sal

sal Dead on Arrival

i will miss her very much if she leave she has come Tobe my favorite but will wish jorja all the best

14. SnowAngel58

SnowAngel58 Hit and Run

I don't know if I'll be able to watch if Jorja leaves.
    She is by far my favourite character on the show.

15. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

It really won't be the same if she leaves!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.