The Official Pets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, I'm so dead. We spent the last couple of days building a climbing tree for our cat. It took us several trips to the DIY superstore, a bit of money, a lot of sweat and even more swearing but now it is done. We're so proud and happy that he actually seems to be intrigued by his new piece of furniture. He seemed a little scared at first by the fact that it is 2,60 m (8'5") high but he already made it to the top. :D

He looked so damn funny when he climbed up there, clinging to the stem he looked like a little koala bear, unfortunately he was too fast for the camera... it was a hilarious image :lol:

Alright, so today we decided to buy our furry friend two fish. We put them in a bowl for him to watch. The cat is highly fascinated, a fish bowl is much better than TV ;)

Here they are:

We named them Grissom and Ecklie, after our least favorite CSI characters :D After all, the cat's supposed to eat them :p

Look how curious our baby is :D

Notice: We even put Sara's car into the bowl :lol: Ok, so there's no doll underneath it, we just assumed she was rescued :p

My Kitty Love

She's My Baby!

Tis my kitty Church. She's named after the cat from the book Pet Cemetary by Stephen King and let me tell you she lives up to her name. I adopted her while volunteering for our local animal rescue group. She bit me and drew blood upon our first meeting. I figured an aggressive 5 year old cat wasn't going to get adopted so I took her home. I found out a few months later that she was the next in line to be euthanized. The funny thing is that when she's mean she's really mean, but she loves me, and she's so sweeet sometimes I don't know what to do with her.

Your cat has a pretty color, lostladyknight :)

I'm soooo excited. Our furry friend has finally realized that he can actually reach inside the fishbowl. :D

He hasn't yet figured out how to catch Grissom & Ecklie but at least he got his paw into the bowl. He is still a little bothered by the fact that water is so damn wet :p

I'm so proud of him =)

Poor fish... won't be long until he figures out they're eatable. :D

*is still squealing from how cute that furry kitty is*

I think we might need to restrict his other food so he gets real hungry :devil:

This is my 4 almost 5 year old boxer Misty.
DSCN1290.jpg

She'll be 5 on August 20th.

She is a great dog with a wonderfully calm and outgoing personality.

Thanks very much! Your cat is really cute too! I wish I could trust my cat near a fish bowl. She vomitted in my tank the other day... not exactly the same thing.

Sadly last week Grissom -one of our fish- followed Ecklie, -the other one- into pet heaven. (Which is located in our kitty's stomach ;))

So, now we don't have fish anymore, but a rather bored kitty. He misses watching them, he hasn't been drinking from the empty fishbowl ever since they both have passed. We're gonna buy him new ones though.

Unfortunately the fish died by themselves during the night, so no chance for taking pictures of the kitty fishing them out of the bowl :(
Hmmmm maybe next time... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back